General Feedback

As suggested by Nozzer66, I changed the preference for the MO Fomod installer and now Better High Detail Maps and Icons indeed installs correctly. I can't duplicate the problem with Wasteland Clothing Hires; it works fine for me. However, even through I used several MO fomod installer plugin settings, FWE_Master_Release_6-0_-_Part_1 is always installed by the external installer and always fails with an error (using MO 1.2.16). With MO 2.1.14 and the Legacy Script support mod, it was installed correctly by the Legacy Script support mod (although it did take it a while before it displayed the FOMOD GUI).

That would be great. The levelled lists use certainly needs fixing; I've noticed that too many NPCs have MP5s and they occur too often in loot; I've also seen some comments on Nexus about this. It would also be good to get more balanced statistics for the all of Zealotlees weapons.

First, the GECK session I launched through MO needs to finish initializing its archives (it's taking forever), then I'll prolly have questions about levelled lists.

I need to run everything through DDSopt and see which mods seem to need the optimization based on the DDSopt logs. Unfortunately I'm fairly sure all the mods would get at least some benefit from it since DDSopt replaces the mipmaps with much better versions, and I doubt the old textures have mipmaps as good as the ones DDSopt creates.

As a guy with "only" 2 GBs of VRAM (I was aiming for 4 but stuff happened... and I'll only upgrade in three years, presumably to a Volta architecture) I'd say it's good news. :-)

And with the .bat files it's a case where we don't all have to inefficiently, individually grind through the same workload (like with, say, cleaning ITMs and UDRs in dirty mods).

There may be; I'll have to check. I like Millenia's weapons.

I'd assume there's the matter of compatibility with WMK due to them not having meshes with the WMK add-ons, as you seem to allude to in the procedure.

I've been planning to make some additional batch files for optimizing the vanilla files and the mods, and add some additional instructions to the Fallout DDSopt guide. Sorting the textures into 5 sets is especially useful for systems with very limited VRAM; for systems with more VRAM fewer folders are sufficient. I personally like to do optimization of large sets of mods vs. doing them one at a time. Some of the STEP staff prefer doing all the optimization manually; I find that batch files can help reduce the time I need to spend involved in the optimization.

Loot 0.6.1 puts cCALIBR_20CW_v5.12.esp well after 20th Century Weapons -Plus- Reborn FWE etc., thus borking ballistics data in a FWE environment (frex the starting 10mm becomes dreadfully underpowered).

Am I an exception or do y'all get similar priorities ?

EDIT - there's also an interaction with 32S&W.esp, which rewrites four pistols to a non-FWE scale (including, for some reason, the baseline 10mm and Chinese pistols). In the case of the Chinese pistol, the Millenia C96 replacer also un-FWE it. The flamer is un-FWE'd by both Item Descriptions (!) and Fo3HirezdFlamer, etc. Oi...

Nothing that can't be fixed, but my GECK has been "initialising archive" for close to three hours now. :-/

EDIT - okay, it's specifically Advanced Recon Tech.esm that makes the Construction Kit hang at that stage when it is launched from a ModOrg profile with a C&PDanger mods suite. Mystery solved, GECK available, time to take notes on stuff that overwrites FWE-ified guns and armour in FO3Edit.

Edited by Ghostwise

I'm currently browsing in FO3 Edit for weapons and armour from mods in Clear & Present Danger that are not FWE-compliant, either because they were never rescaled or because there's a mod later down the load order that overwrites FWE-scale fixes.

An all-in-one tweaking .esp would be unbearably rigid.

One rescaling ESP for each mod would be absurd (say, an .esp just to FEW-ify the sabre in Arlington Restoration, heh).

So I'm determining sets of mods to tweak as a compromise.

EDIT - In this context, the Item Description Img.esp is a problem - it comes late in the load order, and rewrites all the weapons from the base game (uniques included). I don't have enough experience to say what the best approach would be.

EDIT - FasterMorePowerfulMines.esp (from the Mr. Manchester quest) has more significant effects than I thought at first - frex the Plasma Mine loses all its FWE custom textures, reverting to the vanilla one-piece texture.

Edited by Ghostwise

And here is a tentative definition of seven corrective .esp to fix gear in the Clear and Present Danger modlist (if ignoring the Item Descriptions issue for now). Not saying I'll do them all since I'm hammered with fever, but I think it's useful :

A/ Great Old Ones set
Rescales gear from :
- Mart's Mutant Mod, with update and Blackened FWE + MMM + EVE + Project Beauty patch
- DC Interiors, Combo Edition with the Blackened patch for MMM
- EVE with Blackened FWE + MMM + EVE + Project Beauty patch

B/ Beauty Of Our Weapons set
Rescales gear from :
- Millenia's AKS-74U
- Millenia's AK47 Replacer
- Millenia's .32 revolver Replacer
- Millenia's C96 replacer
- Millenia's combat shotgun replacer

(But even if the numbers are realigned, using these still cuts considerably into the number of WMK-modifiable weapons until somebody makes them WMK-compliant).

C/ Beauty of Our Weapons set #2
Rescales gear from :
- Plasma Rifle Awesomified
- ZealotLee's MP5 pack
- ZealotLee's Adaptive Combat Rifle Script Bugfix
- ZealotLee's SVD Dragunov (CALIBR version)
- Fallout 3 Hirezd (Fo3HirezdFlamer.esp, Fo3HirezdMinigun.esp, Lincolnrepeater)

D/ Explorer Pack set
Rescales gear from :
- Crimson Caravan (which includes Arefu Expanded)
- Vault 101 Revisited
- Arlington Restoration
- RR expanded
- Temple of the Union Overhaul

E/ Body Armour set
Rescales gear from :
- Tribal DX
- Powered Power Armor
- Bornagain FO3 Outcast
- Winterized DX
- Dragonskin armour (and bonus pack) - same numbers as the Dragonskin for FWE mod

G/ Miscellanea
Rescales gear from :
- CRAFT Clutter Conversion
- Brahmin Dairy Product
- Chems and Meds Retexture

G/ Puce Moose set
Rescales gear from :
- An Evening With Mr. Manchester (heirapparent.esp)
- A Note Easily Missed (notsofast.esp)

EDIT :
H/ AWOP

EDIT :
The FWE version of 20th century weapons isn't devoid of problems - for instance adding a stock to a Uzi makes it significantly lighter and less expensive, and considerably increases the damage from its bullets. Neither's VATS hit base % seems FWE-scaled (though FWE main .esp seems unsure of its own scale in this regard), etc.
Edited by Ghostwise

And here is an attempt at the first STEP-style mods suite patch - it also requires Project Beauty as a master, since the Blackened patch is used as a master. It doesn't address the Item Descriptions issue. 

Download -- https://8f9784a776.test-url.ws/tmp/ClearAndPresentAdjustment-GreatOldOnes.esp .

It's not a titanic bearer of vast, sweeping changes since I just wanted to get a sense of the thing and the big patches already address 95% of the issues. What it does :

- Floater meat heals 33% fewer rads
- Most MMM meats allowing to regain HPs now regain the same total amount but over a few seconds
- Raised the armour level for the Enclave Deathclaw Alphas' power armour
- Firelurk flame breath is now a bit more powerful
- The food specific to the DC Interiors mod is now nourishing (where appropriate) and lighter
- Armours and outfits specific to the DC Interiors mod have FWE-scale game numbers
- The Gauss rifles in Anchorage have the same stats as the ones in the Capital Wasteland
- The boxing gloves (only found by pickpocketing Bryan Wilks) got rescaled
- The hand saws used by some crazed survivors have been markedly toned down
- Enclave Enforcer armour realigned on FWE power armour stats

Since I'm very new at modding I have no idea about how to test the thing, though.
Edited by Ghostwise

Second patch available for testing/feedback at https://8f9784a776.test-url.ws/tmp/ClearAndPresentAdjustment_Milenia_weapon_reskins.esp .

What it does :

- Restores all FWE stats but keeps Milenia's models
- Restores the UPDATED Unofficial Patch fixes overwritten by Milenia's mods for Charon's shotgun
- The .32 pistols retain their longer reload/jamming time to fit the model change
- The AKS-74U is close to the Chinese Assault Rifle (now AK-47), with slightly lower bullet damage, slightly higher rate of fire, slightly more durable, slightly faster to operate in VATS, slightly less accurate.

About restoring WMK functionality for these guns, I can see three paths at this stage :
- somebody who can manipulate Milenia's meshes and textures to make them WMK-compatible
- keep these weapon models but as their own weapons, not as a replacement for the basic guns. They'd have their own stats, and presumably scripts to place them in the world
- use the models to reskin Weapons of the XXth century guns

I have little idea about feasabilities, though.
Edited by Ghostwise

So I found a modder who has retextured all the DLC and Robots in Fallout 3.  I've gone through the robots pack and so far it is better than almost all retextures.  It is meant to complement NMC's pack for the main game.  There is a single pack of all the DLC, but it contains an .exe installer which I try to avoid.  There are however individual packs for each DLC which are just texture archives.  However all the downloads are in Russian:

A couple translated pages:

I forget where but I got the impression to follow what loot says

so I guess I am going through the mods and adding the bash tags so here is a list

That seems to be the list of bash tags for these mods in the LOOT masterlist. They should automatically be added to the bash tags for each mod, but I've noticed that Wrye Flash doesn't get all these tags. I'm not sure why.

for the Creating a Bashed Patch

Maybe something like...

OR

In the Bashed Patch menu in the left pane check ALL but the following boxes:
*Alias Mod Names
*Replace Form IDs
*Import Actors: Animations
*Import Roads
*Import Script Contents
*Globals
*Tweak Assorted
*Tweak Names

I changed the guide to the above; seemed simpler

Why is do you not have Import Relations checked?

I'm not sure it helps much, but the guide now says to use it.

hmm, I loaded the entire LO in XEdit

and found some interesting stuff

I've looked to see if anything unusual happens in the game from the problems these mods have, but so far I haven't found any problems I could relate to this.

I'll look at it but I dont know what if its harmful... Idk anything about out of order records...

At first I thought it was talking about out of order masters... Thats going to happen because LOOT...

EDIT: I think WB didnt select all of the boxes and this may have been the cause of all of the weirdness below...

Okay its happened twice now... Maybe you add a note about double checking to see if the boxes are checked.

Im looking through the records and bashed patch is overwriting the Blackened patch... 

in the weapon group I see a lot of clip size and Attack Shots/sec mismatch...

its weird because....

Even when it's working right the bashed patch can't correctly choose the right option; we'll need some patches.

Pic time

here are some examples

more weirdness... My guess this is why you dont use Relations

It works sometimes and yields incorrect selections other times

here is a patch for you to look at...

I think it is done correctly but what do you think.

attachicon.gifC&P D Patch.zip

I lost this patch when my hard drive had a problem so I haven't been able to test it.

hmm, What mods are you requiring to be used in your guide.

I added an indicator in the guide for mods that are "Core"; currently only a few have this label. I used it for mods that affect other mod choices and for mods that affect a lot of the game. The "Core" list will need to be expanded.

There is quite a bit that should be patched...

Most of it isn't super critical but rather consistency reasons

I've also noticed this.

So I found a modder who has retextured all the DLC and Robots in Fallout 3.  I've gone through the robots pack and so far it is better than almost all retextures.  It is meant to complement NMC's pack for the main game.  There is a single pack of all the DLC, but it contains an .exe installer which I try to avoid. 

Sometimes you can use 7zip to extract the content from such exe files

There are however individual packs for each DLC which are just texture archives.  However all the downloads are in Russian:

A couple translated pages:

I haven't figured out how to register so I can download the files. I'm not seeing a popup asking if I want translation when I load the page.