Guide to run SRLE + REGS + ENB on Medium Systems

I concur with darkside, try to disable one or both of those settings. Before that though, revert to normal quality of Vividian ENB instead of high quality and see if it makes a difference. 

That did the trick! Thanks Nearox. I tried the other tweaks (1024 shadows, and enableparticlelight/softparticle) but they didn't seem to affect it. However, switching the Vividian ENB to a normal install fixed it right up. It was really annoying, almost like a superfast strobe light effect minus the blinding light. Now its gone.

Edited by ipmlj

@Nearox & Others

I have a question about massive FPS slow down (35+ -> 20 FPS) when looking at some certain directions in exterior cells. There is no particular object in my FOV that looks like it gonna cause slow down. I suspect the engine render some object that I can't see, such as trees behind the mountain for example. I normally don't have stutter at in the city or dungeon all except these slow down.

I don't use SDO or have crazy ini tweak, just EWI's high ini settings. Shadow is 2048.

Any tweak or suggestion? If you can share your ini will be helpful (PM me if you don't want to post here). I have very similar performance video card with you (Geforce 750m SLI). Thanks!

Edited by darkside

Ah I skimmed over your earlier question, darkside. Even though changing some ini settings can help a bit, there are certain areas when looking at certain angles where there is a big fps drop for basically everyone. This is often the case, as you observed yourself, where there are seemingly few objects loaded on your screen but the ones not in your view are however loaded. Not much you can do about it, except for brute forcing by having one (or two) powerful GPU.

• +1 1

@Nearox & Others

...I don't use SDO or have crazy ini tweak, just EWI's high ini settings...

Ewi65 does good work with those, but you might try tweaking the grass settings, both amount & fade distance can add up if you have vegetation mods (especially dense versions).

skyrim.ini

[grass]

iMinGrassSize=40 >> this is a dense setting, you might try higher values to save performance

the same would apply to fade distance.

Edited by redirishlord

Well, I used Ewis's INIs for a while until I found out that IMHO they are actually not that good. And certainly not based on solid foundations. Also EWI changes a lot about shadows, lod, lighting, z-fighting and a whole bunch of other stuff. You can of course experiment yourself whether you prefer EWI or STEP/SRLE INIs but EWIs settings 1) lack proper descriptions and choice explanations 2) are not conform some of the more elaborate tweak/stability guides on Nexus 3) have not gone through the rigorous testing here at STEP 4) he continuous to change settings with every new version.

In short, STEP INI = safe and generally works for nearly everyone, EWI INI = more risk for instability and higher chance for incompatibility with certain ENBs. Nowadays with ENBoost and Memory Patch (now in skse) it has been proven that INI settings are not the primary cause of the instability that many people experienced. Rather it was Skyrim's handling of memory which was the root issue and it has largely been fixed. Ini settings only serve to enhance performance or quality, but not stability.

That's just my view on EWIs INIs. 

This guide gives some pretty good explanations of the various INI settings - though I would still recommend the STEP/SRLE settings where applicable:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55921/?

Edited by Nearox
  • +1 1

Working on it as we speak. There's not that much to add or change though. It currently runs stable at a maximum of 1.9 - 1.95 gb VRAM @ 1080p, which is the intended goal, as opposed to default SRLE/REGS whcih requires nearly 3gb vram @ 1080p.

I will be adding one or two mods (that are not in SRLE or REGS) to further optimize the game.

Working on it as we speak. There's not that much to add or change though. It currently runs stable at a maximum of 1.9 - 1.95 gb VRAM @ 1080p, which is the intended goal, as opposed to default SRLE/REGS whcih requires nearly 3gb vram @ 1080p.

I will be adding one or two mods (that are not in SRLE or REGS) to further optimize the game.

Great news man. Nice to see it completed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.