Guide to run SRLE + REGS + ENB on Medium Systems

@darkside: Not sure which area you are talking about now. But since ELFX 2.0, the start cave of LAL has a flickering light, so if that's what you are seeing, no worries as the rest of Skyrim shouldn't have it. 

@ everyone: I consider the main work done on this guide. If anyone has some suggestions or criticism please let me know. Would especially be glad to get some more feedback on the ENB settings. Doesn't mean I won't ever update it again by the way, but most of the tweaks related to mods are kind of set in stone and at the moment it doesn't look like SRLE will have a big texture mod added anymore (I included Stunning Statues in the previous update) as most areas of the game are covered. Also none of the REGS mods can be significantly optimized (apart from not installing them :p). Moreover, after following this guide you should be pretty well set to deal with optimizations by yourself :) In short, no longer a WIP but I will still provide support, of course.

@darkside: Not sure which area you are talking about now. But since ELFX 2.0, the start cave of LAL has a flickering light, so if that's what you are seeing, no worries as the rest of Skyrim shouldn't have it. @ everyone: I consider the main work done on this guide. If anyone has some suggestions or criticism please let me know. Would especially be glad to get some more feedback on the ENB settings. Doesn't mean I won't ever update it again by the way, but most of the tweaks related to mods are kind of set in stone and at the moment it doesn't look like SRLE will have a big texture mod added anymore (I included Stunning Statues in the previous update) as most areas of the game are covered. Also none of the REGS mods can be significantly optimized (apart from not installing them :p). Moreover, after following this guide you should be pretty well set to deal with optimizations by yourself :) In short, no longer a WIP but I will still provide support, of course.

Yes. That is what I was talking about. Thanks for your help.

Hi Hearox,

I think that you may have missed two files from the Better Males, file selection 2 section.

When I started selecting the files I had the two following files left:

texturesactorscharactermaleoldmalebody_1_msn.dds   texturesactorscharactermaleoldmalehead_msn.dds

What should be done with these?

Thanks

Oh gawd, you're right. Damn, second error I made in the guide :P And here I thought I was finished, hah.

• texturesactorscharactermaleoldmalebody_1_msn.dds  >>> I actually have that DDSopted, just made a mistake and did not mention it in the instructions.
  • DDSopt to Uncompressed (i.e. untick everything) 1024 x 1024

​

• texturesactorscharactermaleoldmalehead_msn.dds
  • Do not DDSopt this, texture size is already small

​I'll update the guide now. Thanks for the report.

​

Edited by Nearox
  • 1 month later...

Hi Nearox, thanks for the guide. It's quite helpful since I'm trying to run SR:LE and REGS on a GTX 650 Ti 2GB, which may turn out to be impossible after all. But, I just had some questions, depending of if you're still supporting/updating this (it's been a while). They're mostly minor anyway.

• When installing Vividian, you say "Do not select any Depth of Field or any of the other options", does that mean just leave it on the one that says something like 'DOF No changes'? And a bit below that "Vividian - Windy Clouds - CoT.esp takes the place of Vividian - Extended Weathers - CoT.esp", Vividian - Windy Clouds.esp should also take the place of Vividian - Extended Weathers.esp I take it?
  • Should I also disable Vsync in the skyrimprefs ini itself as well as in the ENB. I recall the setting was something like 'iPresentInterval' and by default it was on, will this also cause this tandem 'input lag'?
  • 'Weathered Road Signs' has been added since you last updated it. SR:LE says to download the 2K version, but I'm pretty sure that's like 4x the size of the HRDLC (which is 1024x512) I think. So do you think just go for the 1K version, also possibly DDSopt?
  • Also not sure when 'White Phial Replacer' was added but to clarify you would recommend the 1K version since you didn't mention it specifically?
  • Relating to SDO do you have a recommendation of which 'version' to use or which you use (at least until I go in game and see what my performance is like)
  • Finally, this is probably more related to SR:LE itself, but when optimising Falskaar and Wyrmstooth it's kind of ambiguous whether to use these or these constraints

Sorry to bother you with such trivial details. But I'm kind of new to this and would like to make sure I do things right.

Edited by saxlegend
  • +1 1
  • 2 months later...

This is a great guide - I did an install of SRLE back in March, and greatly overestimated the power of my system (mostly due to only having a 2GB video card). I ended up with a functional, but mostly unplayable mess. While I'm going with STEPS Extended + REGS for the moment, when I get up the nerve (and free time?) to dive into SRLE again this will be a critical component of doing so.

• 2 weeks later...

My SRLE + REGS full installation is stable and running well, mostly, together with Skylight ENB.

In the landscape, I get on average between 30-40 FPS. When I turn to places that have to load many things (e.g landscape direction to Riverwood), I have about 25 FPS.

But now the bigger problem: Everytime I am in a town or city, be it Riverwood or Whiterun, but especially Whiterun, the FPS can be 40, but often drop to 10-20 in the crowded places like a market, especially when I look at it directly. Deactivating the ETAC Mods give me +10 FPS. Do I have to live without them or is there another option? I'm going through your guide at the moment, got some improvements in general, but the problem with the cities is still the same, I think. I don't need another 10 FPS in the landscape, but the same in the cities, lol. :confused:

Edited by tschilpi
  • 4 weeks later...

I could solve it in a way and increase my FPS with some other tweaks. A question that remains is, if it's worth to reduce texture size like Vidid landscapes if you have a 4GB VRAM GPU and can run them without hitting the VRAM limit. Does it still increase performance in any ways?

Edited by tschilpi

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.