Wiseman303's Trap Fixes (by wiseman303)

Livnthedream

If this works as advertised, then it'll be a great improvement.  I especially like the idea of being able to grab soul gems with telekinesis.  I always felt that these traps were the most obvious use for telekinesis, and it's annoyed me to no end that telekinesis couldn't be used to disable them.

• 9 months later...

I've been testing this for a while now, and I vote for its inclusion in Core. Before this, if the soul gem had fallen off the trap, there seemed to be no way to stop the onslaught of spells. Now I can shoot it with an arrow, and it's done.

I tested this right now and the only thing I couldn't get to work was the telekinesis. Everything else was working good.

I recommend this for STEP Core. The magic traps actually work now. It usually goes off once or twice and then falls over. Right now I was messing around with one and it wouldn't stop shooting magic at me until I shot it with an arrow.

I had been going back and forth on this mod, debating with myself if the things it "fixes" are actually fixes to vanilla or additions. After quite a bit of thought, I've come to the conclusion that if these trap were built in real life, you'd probably be able to disable them in the ways this mod provides. With that said, we can accept this one since we all agree on it.

• 1 month later...

How should I unpack this to make a new 7z? Fomods for such small changes are quite a hassle, and the description is quite unclear for Step.

do I extract the base/core and overwrite with "Traps Make Noise compatibility" folder?

• 3 months later...

I got errors related to this mod. I didn't save it, but something about 'floracoinpurse'. It has totally messed up my game. Did you actually test this mod?? On the description page of the the author even mentions errors related to 'floracoinpurse'. This has totally destroyed my faith in S.T.E.P. And yes, I'm a noob and a casual gamer. If I were not I would not be relying on your input.

• +1 1