Dreadflopps Modular patches

In case people didn't see it, I thought I'd bring this problem to your attention. If anybody else was experiencing "blue vortexes" when using Disparity, Yield 2.0 is the cause. I'm mentioning it here because it's mentioned a few times on the Modular Morrowloot Overhaul wiki page.

90 minutes of mod testing to find the culprit of one annoying issue is not fun.

Edited by Harpalus

Done some testing, no time now to update the guide now though. Will add toxicity and immersive potions. Patches are done: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15909840/MMO/Immersive%20potions.7z

I have not checked immersive potions against SPERG. The patches and LOOT is enough to get it working with TTRSO. It will overwrite one alchemy perk from TTRSO. 

I will add disparity too, seems there are a few ctd's still which needs to be fixed first.

Yield 2.0 was not in the guide (though it have been, but it probably had issues with npc knockout overhaul). I am trying Extensible Follower Framework and really liking it. It doesn't fit this pack byt I'm mentioning it since I didn't get it to work with npc knockout overhaul. EFF blocked NKO's menu with it's own radial menu. Removing NPC knockout overhaul caused ctd's but fixed it with save game script cleaner.

After the above is finished (hopefully tonight), I'm planning on streamlining the pack a little (or maybe a lot). First of all, PerMa. Since it is to hard to get it compatible with morrowloot I am giving up on it. The SkyRe part is getting hopelessly outdated and will be removed since I have never worked on it (that was Garfinks doing and he is m.i.a.). I will also remove all BOSS rules since they are getting outdated and is not supported. Since the pack is so modular it's quite tiresome to keep up with the patches. Therefore I am thinking of removing improved dragonshouts and keep just thunderchild. I am also thinking of removing SPERG since it is not being developed and the unofficial patches are getting very outdated. This means keeping kryptopyrs mods and TTRSO. TTRSO is not being developed for skyrim but the author is active and gives support. The next version of the mod will be developed for the next TES game. TTRSO is very well written and well thought out and if given a choice between SPERG and TTRSO I really think you should use TTRSO.

Finally, I am thinking of splitting the pack into smaller packs:

Survival (hopefully merging with the existing pack)

Deleveled Loot (deleveled skyrim optional)

Skills, shouts, powers, races and magic

Gameplay and rebalance overhaul

Each pack would have a custom STEP Core & Extended patch downloadable from the wiki or nexus page.

This pack would remain as my custom setup and providing the existing patches if you like to combine all packs. I think this would make all parts of the pack easier to use for new users and make the pack less intimidating and more user friendly. Thoughts?

• +1 2

Sounds great. I can't claim to be following the pack as I dropped Morrowloot: too much conflicted with it thematically (SIC dropping loot that Morrowloot would have disallowed, fan-made expansions giving great loot), but my load order does take a lot of cues and pointers from MMO. Cleaning up the pack sounds great to me.

As a partial alternative to Morrowloot, I like toggling the "armor and weapons break" in Loot & Degradation. It forces me to find new gear in the early game and, perhaps, forces me to reforge that enchanted Daedric helmet I made and then lost in a fight. Probably too painful to enable it with Morrowloot around.

Edited by Harpalus

I really like how you have had the patches set up, though I understand if you want to change it because it will be easier to manage.  I was able to still use skyre, for example, and didn't use morrowloot and was still able select the patches that were consistent with the game I wanted, and was able, to get set up and running.  

Dropping the mods you mentioned makes a lot of sense.  Skyre isn't really being kept up anymore due to perma and, with the new wafr, ccf and ccor updates, I'm not sure if it's even worth the trouble of trying to get it to work.  I was hoping to eventually get a game with sperg set up but, yeah, it's outdated and, honestly, the few times I've tried it I find I'm disappointed with the perk selection and quickly go back to skyre or ace.  I'm going to try perma, eventually, but I've been giving it time for the bugs and kinks to get worked out.  Requiem is next on my list but there's already a pack for setting that up ( though requiem is a good example because I'll be able to use it and follow it's step guide while still using yours to add a lot of gameplay/immersion enhancements.  If you switch to more comprehensive patches I don't know if this will be the case ).

I guess it really comes down to morrowloot and how central you feel it is to the pack.  I know it's in the name ( old name? ) of the pack but I've always used it as an optional enhancement that I add when I use ACE, TTRSO, or Kyrpto's overhauls but not to Skyre, Perma or Requiem.  The rest of the pack work great with or without it.

It's an old name, mmo. For me morrowloot is central but I understand it is not for everyone and it does need a lot of patching. By splitting the pack and adding everything deleveling into a single pack it will be easier for everyone to use what they want. I will still keep the patches intact for those that want to use several packs and will keep those patches on this page. The custom STEP patches will be done using my current patches.

=== Changelog ===

* 15-03-20 Updated patches

* 15-03-20 Added Toxicity and Immersive potions

That's it for a while. Will rework the packs now. I'm guessing it'll take a week. The only updates this will bring is the ones in the survival pack. I will also add disparity. The patches will be intact and there is no need for anyone to reinstall anything.

Other BUM rules that I use

BOSS

• Imperious - Races of Skyrim.esp AFTER Endgame NPC Overhaul.esp
  • iNeed - Dangerous Diseases.esp AFTER iNeed.esp
  • NPC Knockout Overhaul.esp BOTTOM Base N
  • LootandDegradation.esp BOTTM MCM Mods 
  • NoRareVendorMetals.esp AFTER Scarcity - Less Loot Mod.esp
  • Complete Crafting_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp BOTTOM Compatibility Patches

I haven't gone through this thread in a while so this might have been mentioned. I know that some of the mods made by Erkiel, ERSO, are used in the Modular Morrow Loot overhaul. In my last visit to the ERSO site it was mentioned that the mods will no longer be supported.

Dear players,
sorry, but we aren’t working anymore on Skyrim mods. Definitively, you won’t find any update.
We give you (modders and players) the permission to use all our mods in your way.
Best luck!
Erkeil’s Team

I haven't gone through this thread in a while so this might have been mentioned. I know that some of the mods made by Erkiel, ERSO, are used in the Modular Morrow Loot overhaul. In my last visit to the ERSO site it was mentioned that the mods will no longer be supported.

Did not know that. I have not used his mods in a while but they are still in the pack. They might be removed though since I'm doing some work on the pack and ERSO's mods need quite a lot of patching with other mods.