Dreadflopps Modular patches

=== Changelog ===

* 15-03-28 Patched TTRSO heavy armors, light armors and smithing against WAF. TTRSO now uses WAF keywords when deciding if the armor is a Matching set.

* 15-03-28 Added a patch for CWINPCImprovements. Modified some patches in my own conflict resolution (which covers mods not in the packs)

* 15-03-24 Added Harpalus methods of checking that the game is stable

Will check the new SIC/WAF patch later

I have a feedback. I like DCO, but have too many dragon fights. Sometimes 3 dragons at the same time. It does not seem realistic to me. I am not a pro. I changed the encounter to only 1 dragon, and double the time between encounter.

Edited by darkside

I have a feedback. I like DCO, but have too many dragon fights. Sometimes 3 dragons at the same time. It does not seem realistic to me. I am not a pro. I changed the encounter to only 1 dragon, and double the time between encounter.

I removed dco from my game a while ago since dragon fights were to hard for me and I were getting script lags warnings from frostfall. I have removed other mods too since then, like ASIS, and my game is more stable. I also just dropped deadly dragons difficulty setting to vanilla. I'll get into some dragon fights and see how it feels and add back dco after. Your recommendation seems reasonable, I don't like extra dragon spawns. I'll add it to the mcm recommendations as soon as I know exactly what the settings are.

• 2 weeks later...

No worries. There's no need to take a look. TTRSO tries to handle it by setting armor types to one that's already covered. I prefer WAF's approach here, which is adding the missing armor types to the perks. I believe the latter approach is more compatible with the improved smithing menus from CCOR.

From what i'm seeing in TES5Edit, TTRSO doesn't do that. I advised the last time against overwriting the matching set perk of TTRSO because WAF and TTRSO handle the matching set perks

in a different manner.

There are actually 5 matching sets perk: One for light armor, one for heavy, an extra one for the dawnguard armors and another two for the dragonborn ones (light and heavy). WAF handles them the vanilla way, meaning that it adds keywords to the armor and then adds conditions to the corresponding matching set perks. TTRSO adds only conditions to the matching set perk but it does it in a different way (and, IMHO, a messy one): the author put all the armor conditions from the Dawnguard and Dragonborn perks to the Skyrim light and heavy armor ones. (I'll post images to show it better).

So, a proper patch with WAF would require to also add the conditions from WAF to the other two matching set perks, and modify them so that it correspond to the TTRSO standards.

wXhcgGH.jpg

juIehoa.jpg

WlRk0TY.jpg

Edited by Lonewolf

Thanks lonewolf I made a new patch, will try it and upload it later. There is one thing that needs to be looked at. Not at my comp now but the keyword dlc1materialDawnguard or something like that is added to both light and heavy matching set perks by WAF. Not sure why, will check which armors has this keyword later and if its both heavy and light armors. Either way it seems a little strange, if it's just heavy or just light armors, why add it to both perks. If it's both light and heavy armors that has this keyword, what prevents you from getting your matching set heavy bonus when wearing dawnguard material armor of the wrong type.

Thanks lonewolf I made a new patch, will try it and upload it later. There is one thing that needs to be looked at. Not at my comp now but the keyword dlc1materialDawnguard or something like that is added to both light and heavy matching set perks by WAF. Not sure why, will check which armors has this keyword later and if its both heavy and light armors. Either way it seems a little strange, if it's just heavy or just light armors, why add it to both perks. If it's both light and heavy armors that has this keyword, what prevents you from getting your matching set heavy bonus when wearing dawnguard material armor of the wrong type.

If you look at the conditions for the armor bonus into the dawnguard matching set perk, you'll notice that the first one checks if the player has a perk that requires a matching set bonus, and the second condition check's if the armor is light or heavy. Then the other conditions checks the material of the armor in order to verify that the player is wearing 3 pieces from the same armor.

So even if they have the same keyword, the second condition sorts between light and heavy armors.

If you look at the conditions for the armor bonus into the dawnguard matching set perk, you'll notice that the first one checks if the player has a perk that requires a matching set bonus, and the second condition check's if the armor is light or heavy. Then the other conditions checks the material of the armor in order to verify that the player is wearing 3 pieces from the same armor.

So even if they have the same keyword, the second condition sorts between light and heavy armors.

Might be overthinking this but what differs the ArmorLight condition from the rest? The first condition that checks the perk is set to Equal to and needs to be true, rigt? The others have a equal to / or type setting, which means any of them can be true?

Edited by dreadflopp

Might be overthinking this but what differs the ArmorLight condition from the rest? The first condition that checks the perk is set to Equal to and needs to be true, rigt? The others have a equal to / or type setting, which means any of them can be true?

Yes. The first needs to be true, also the second and at least one of the other three needs to be true.

EDIT: To be honest though i'm starting to think of removing TTRSO from my load order. I'm finding myself with too much to fix in TES5Edit, and i do not know how to patch some conflicts from Disparity and the USKP (In particular the effects that adds Attack Speed from Disparity and the Elemental Fury shout from USKP).

Edited by Lonewolf

Yes. The first needs to be true, also the second and at least one of the other three needs to be true.

EDIT: To be honest though i'm starting to think of removing TTRSO from my load order. I'm finding myself with too much to fix in TES5Edit, and i do not know how to patch some conflicts from Disparity and the USKP (In particular the effects that adds Attack Speed from Disparity and the Elemental Fury shout from USKP).

I see thanks. Don't understand why, but I'll guess I just have to accept it :) Check Kryptopyrs answers here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/7365-conflict-resolution-help-disparity-ttrso/

might help you.

• 4 weeks later...