Dreadflopps Modular patches

You can update to the new aMidianborn content addon now.

=== Changelog ===

* 15-03-17 Added modified morrowloot lvl list that corrects some dawnguard stuff not carried over

* 15-03-17 Updated the complete crafting overhaul leveled list replacement. Had forgotten a glass dagger in there.

* 15-03-17 Removed replacement plugins for Lore weapon expansion and aMidianborn content addon. Added Modified leveled lists instead. Updated patching instructions to reflect this

I have been testing toxicity and like it. Will probably add it to the guide. No conflicts. Checked out immersive potions. Like it from the descriptions but it has quite a lot of conflicts. Nothing that can't be resolved though. Will get back on that.

@gpthree @cstarkey42 what are you thinking of Cobb Encumbrance? I am not very pleased even though it works as it should. With the penalty to encumbrance from the guide (-200) i find movement speed taking a hit quite early which just gets annoying. It might work better without the encumbrance penalty. 

I have been testing toxicity and like it. Will probably add it to the guide. No conflicts. Checked out immersive potions. Like it from the descriptions but it has quite a lot of conflicts. Nothing that can't be resolved though. Will get back on that.

@gpthree @cstarkey42 what are you thinking of Cobb Encumbrance? I am not very pleased even though it works as it should. With the penalty to encumbrance from the guide (-200) i find movement speed taking a hit quite early which just gets annoying. It might work better without the encumbrance penalty. 

Unfortunately I havent gotten a chance to play around with it yet. I not even sure why I even try encumbrance penalty mods like that because I eventually get pissed at the penalties, but for some reason I just like messing around with them. It looks like you can add a bonus to move faster than vanilla if you can force yourself not to carry a lot and if thats the case, I think thats what a lot of other mods are missing.

Unfortunately I havent gotten a chance to play around with it yet. I not even sure why I even try encumbrance penalty mods like that because I eventually get pissed at the penalties, but for some reason I just like messing around with them. It looks like you can add a bonus to move faster than vanilla if you can force yourself not to carry a lot and if thats the case, I think thats what a lot of other mods are missing.

I'll look into it again. I would like a bonus to movement speed when carrying less better than a penalty when carrying more. Such a bonus would probably need to be removed when in combat though. Back to this later, my real life kid needs the computer for Lego Marvel Super Heroes...

I'll look into it again. I would like a bonus to movement speed when carrying less better than a penalty when carrying more. Such a bonus would probably need to be removed when in combat though. Back to this later, my real life kid needs the computer for Lego Marvel Super Heroes...

It is configurable, so that helps a lot.  I'm liking the mod so far.  Unlike encumberance you don't need an advanced degree in math to figure out if you can carry that extra set of gloves or not.  I like the buffs and the penalties but, honestly, I forgot about the -200 carry weight modifier ( setting up a new game and just testing it out until the warzones 2015 update comes out.  Seriously, is anyone else playing with the new, improved WZ?  It's so bad ass.  The update will have an mcm to turn off the new gear so it's morrowloot friendly now! And, yes, I think I'm finally swearing off Skyre.  Got an ACE, Empowered Magic, Enchanting Awakened, Miko's Alchemy set up I'm anxious to try out) so, yeah, that could be a pain in the ass.  Again, you can modify the mod so a balance could be found or just relaxing the -200 ( maybe -150 or -100 ) would work as well.  I usually find/make packs to carry more and use my followers as pack mules so the -200 really only affects me for the first few levels of gameplay anyway.  This encumbrance mod would actually be more of a long term limit to my game, which is something I'm looking for.

I haven't tried Toxicity yet but I'm going to give it a try after watching this:  TOXICITY VID  This guy has become my favorite mod reviewer.

Another Toxicity mod that sounds great is Chasing the Dragon.  Similar to Toxicity but without the annoying falling down ( immersive, yes, but I know I'd get sick of it real quick ) and a more thought out addiction system.  It's shorthand is CTD, however, so I'm not sure if that's a sign or not...

I prefer Toxicity to Chasing the Dragon primarily because Chasing the Dragon allows "cheating". Cure poison and cure disease (or, because cure disease doesn't scale, any ingredient with cure disease as a primary effect) are all you need to completely negate anything bad it throws at you, and I'm swimming in both on every play-through I've had. You can even just go to a shrine to cure you of addiction. This completely negates the entire point of the mod to me, because both potions are common and plentiful enough so as to make CTD's effects harmless. Even shrines are plentiful enough. I don't mind Toxicity's lack of addiction or that it makes me fall down as a harmful effect, and I also can't cheat with it. Perhaps I'm being too hard on CTD here - it's a decent looking mod - but I already know I'd just carry around cure disease/cure poison with me everywhere I go (like I always do) and that I'd never actually have any meaningful penalty against potion use. It feels a little like enabling Dangerous Diseases in iNeed or RND, only to carry around Cure Disease and never actually see anything bad happen to your character, or enabling pitch-black nights and then just carrying around a wearable lantern to negate it. (What's the point, in both cases?) Using Toxicity and Immersive Potions are enough to significantly limit potion abuse, and I really like being forced to retreat and rethink my strategy because I can't keep using potions as a crutch to help me through a hard dungeon. With CTD I'd just use a cure poison potion and carry on spamming them, so it doesn't actually change how I play. It becomes yet another "pause the game and solve the thing" action I have to take periodically, and there's plenty of them in the game already. (I like Frostfall for similar reasons, and dislike needs mods for similar reasons). 

I like Cobb's Encumbrance, but this one is really down to personal taste. My new playstyle involves NOT looting everything, and only taking things that are actually useful to me. Money is relatively plentiful, even with scarcity, reduced gold, trade & barter... I personally find it very refreshing to not worry about grabbing everything I can get my hands on, and Encumbrance helps with that by effectively providing me with a bonus for ignoring things. Without encumbrance there's no penalty whatsoever to taking everything I can stuff into my inventory, and I spend more time "looting" and "collecting". Even worse is the inevitable inventory juggling when you're at capacity, and who isn't almost at capacity at the end of every dungeon or cave? When you think about it, it's a little ridiculous looting everything blind and spending far more time selling shitty loot to vendors than actually buying anything from them. Not very "dragonborn-like" behaviour, and Encumbrance is one of the only mods that helps to discourage it. (Whoever heard of an already-wealthy hero that strips everyone they defeat butt naked like they're some petty bandit?) There's a mod that completely disables the ability to sell things to vendors, but that solution is a little extreme for my tastes. Artificially limiting how much gold you'll get from selling things doesn't really address the problem either, it only addresses the "plentiful gold" problem.

Edited by Harpalus

Immersive Potions looks really good but you should check out Miko's Alchemy and Food Balance Overhaul as well.  It does the same thing with potions ( non-stackable and stretched over time ) but does a lot with the other potions as well.  The health/stamina/magicka potions are stronger than immersive potions, marginally, but the fortify and resist potions are weaker than vanilla so it seems like it would balance well.  Of course, it's a larger overhaul so it changes the perks and has a new system based on ingredient rarity but it seems really good overall.  Plus it's modular so you could just add the immersive potion aspect of it if you wanted to stick with the other alchemy overhaul options the guide suggests.

edit:  Plus the potions are cheaper so you can't make a ton manufacturing them.  Sorry, nevermind that...some are cheaper but a few are surprising more expensive.  I'm not sure what the pattern is supposed to be.

Edited by cstarkey42

Thanks for the suggestion. Will check that too. I wonder if a mod like toxicity has any meaning when using a mod like this or immersive potions. Since potions work over time there's no meaning in spamming potions and therefore hardly ever will experience the effect of toxicity.

I think I agree with harpalus about ctd, it's a little too easy to counter the effects of addiction which which makes that part of the mod a little meaningless imo. At least when it comes to my play style. Might be good if you role play a little harder than I do though.

I was just testing it and I really like the effect, especially when used with Important Information Overhaul.  Low stamina, low health and high toxicity makes life rough.  It works well with AFB, and no doubt IP as well, since those are only spread over 5 seconds while the half life for Toxicity is an hour, default.  Each stamina potion I was using took 5 seconds to get the full effect, made me wait 5 seconds before I could use another, and added something like 22.5%.  Together they limit the speed you can consume potions, making fighting more difficult, and the overall amount you can consume over time.  Honestly I think they are perfect together.  It's all configurable as well so the half life can always be increased, if needed.

I agree about CTD's shortcomings.  I posted something about it on his page but apparently the author has been gone for a couple months so no one knows if anything else is going to happen with it.  It's too bad bc I really liked the addition of a more punishing adiction.  I'm going to poke around T5E later and see if it's just a simple switch to at least remove the shrine option, much like ineed did with diseases, so hopefully it will be an easy fix to at least keep it an option.  It'll be a tough choice for me though, I really liked the effects Toxicity was laying down.

As a small correction, it seems that I was wrong about Toxicity. From the mod author:

Cure poison potions do help you though, unless you have a mod that overwrote the change (this is the only change made by this mod that can be overwritten by other mods, the reason for it is that the cure poison was missing the potion keyword. If another mod modify the same record, it may end up removing the keyword yet again). Cure poison are very rare though.

Apparently I have a conflict that I hadn't noticed. I personally disagree about the rarity of cure poison potions, so I'm not certain if I'll be fixing this particular conflict. I'll probably delete the cure poison record from Toxicity entirely, actually. I suppose I could also just stop turning all of my characters into alchemists, but I prefer the former, easy solution to the latter.

Edited by Harpalus