Dreadflopps Modular patches

I understand o' sensi.  Well, I am done then.  "well done pig, well done."  

Question:

I have removed the high level items anyhow, I assume that shouldn't affect anything, since the things I deleted were redundant anyhow?

Edited by Garfink

Further testing reveal seemingly all High Level Weapon Leaks Sealed!  But unfortunately even with the extra ASIS SkyRe Perk blocks that are still some crazy NPCs that can one shot you, I noted that most of them that manage it is carrying a war pick...  

Any how, too tired to try figuring out which of like 20 active perks is causing the problem... so I am going to try the ASIS ini from the improved ASIS ini page that blocks SkyRe Perks and just add the vanilla ones and see what happens.

Question:I have removed the high level items anyhow, I assume that shouldn't affect anything, since the things I deleted were redundant anyhow?

Nah, shouldn't affect anything☺just remember where you deleted stuff in case you sometime uninstalls morrowloot.

Yes, SPERG should work the same way, like SkyRe now, just Vanilla perks which is better than nothing and with my difficulty overhaul, it is still finely tuned. I am so happy with it that I am moving on to balance the economy in terms of gold, smithing, alchemy, time and food.

I am having one issue though, Gold Adjustment just doesn't like something I am running. It works for the first time I pick up some gold, I get the message that it has deducted some gold. Then when I go pick up some gold a second time it stops working. I can't imagine what could be the matter, the only mod that might fire off scripts near the same time would be moreHUD. Just odd.

Edit: it could be cause by me installing the non-mcm version first, then running and saving and them realise I had installed the wrong version and installed the merged mcm version on top without following the instructions. My fix itself if I remove it following the instructions.

Edited by Garfink

I've got a question about patching and conflict resolution.

In the guide it says that RND and Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons need to be patched. I've looked at them in tes5edit, and I'm not sure the best way to patch them. Should I use Radiant as the override, and then add the changes that RND makes? Does anyone have a recommendation?

Edited by Sartho

I've got a question about patching and conflict resolution.In the guide it says that RND and Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons need to be patched. I've looked at them in tes5edit, and I'm not sure the best way to patch them. Should I use Radiant as the override, and then add the changes that RND makes? Does anyone have a recommendation?

I'm not at my computer atm but it doesn't really matter since records from RND and radiant needs to be merged. RND changes are in stats and values etc while radiant changes are aesthetic. Choose the one you think is easiest as override and copy changes from the other. An alternative to RND is iNeeds. Haven't looked into it yet but I think it needs less patching.

Thanks. That's what I thought I had to do, but wasn't 100% sure. One last thing before I start a playtest, how do I bring up the settings ingame using BOYD?

BYOG is in the powers menu, but I'm thinking about removing this in favour of SkyTweak, which I didn't know about until recently, so you are better of installing that. It should have a MCM menu and no conflicts, just as BYOG.I'm actually thinking about removing ACE altogether, as long as no one uses it? Edited by dreadflopp

Dreadflopp, I hope you will sum all the changes made by garfink once he is done... to much work irl to follow his pace !!

You could add a Garfink recommends....

Absolutely, thinking about adding some categories:

• Item distr., economy, population: Morrowloot, scarcity, trade & barter setting from Garfink, ERSO 18, 29, radiance, extended encounters, less gold mod,
  • (optional) Deleveled world: ERSO 8, 9, Enhanced and mighty unleveled dragons. Add discussion about pros and cons with deleveled world
  • Skills and powers: TTR, SPERG, Kryptopyrs mods, shouts, apocalyptic spells etc, Garfinks SkyRe guide if he wants to write one. Discussion about which skill overhaul to choose. Hard to recommend one since we all prefer different ones. Also removing ACE.
  • Garfinks game rebalancing: HLE, RotE, DD, ASIS, random encountes etc. Point out which mods are compatible with deleveled world.
  • Game settings: Replacing BYOG with SkyTweaks. Uncapper .ini

Most patches are already done. Waiting for Garfink to finish testing but he's fast so I'm guessing it'll be very soon.

Edited by dreadflopp

I am pretty much finished with the combat balancing, so you can working on patches for those if its needed, in fact I have no more plans to add any more mods.  Just need to adjust the settings in the economy mods I have selected to use.  

I think profession will be a permanant fixture.  Like HLE Harcore, it is the game changer that takes the world to another level of realism and balance.  There is only so far you can go with making things scarce or make things more and more expensive before reality breaks down.  Professions will fix that and maybe degradation too.  The trick here is to make the time added by profession costly but not so costly that it really distracts from gameplay.  For example you don't want it to take 1 hour game time to make one potion, that would just be annoying if you didn't have a player home you're doing alchemy in.  10 minutes is too short, 15-30 minutes is about right.  Extra time can be added to harvesting I am thinking 3 minutes...  

During testing, I think it works rather well.  Not too distracting, not too much micromanagement, comes pretty natural actually, now that making a potion, bartering and smithing takes time, like it should.  You begin to wonder why it wasn't there in the first place.

Degradation mod will add that final piece of realism, making you care for your weapons and also more reason to use more than one weapon.  

I have up the Scarcity Setting to 8x loot and 6x merchant... I may have up the merchant one a little more because I am still seeing a little too much ingots for sale.  I may have to level-list cull the ingots if this doesn't work.

Edited by Garfink