Dreadflopps Modular patches

I installed SkyTweak like you recommended. For the settings you have in the guide, would I put Carry Weight to 100, or 200? Health and Magicka regen would be the 100% and 50% respectively right?

Vanilla carry weight is 300 so recommended is 200. I am not at my computer to check in game SkyTweak settings atm but recommended health regen -100% (that means health regen disabled, you have to use magick and potions to heal) and magicka regen -50%.

Ok checking SkyTweak online, you have to cut MagickaRate in half and HealRate to 0. This is Nicopads settings and inspired by requiem and may contradict some balancing done by Garfink. His rebalanced skyrim will be added to the guide, probably starting tonight. But reducing regen rates forces you to use potions/magicka/ which is good.

Didn't see carry weight in there? The console command to change it is player.setav carryweight 200

Since I have not yet solved the problems with Smithing Perk Overhaul, I am testing the frugal economy and the increased spawn rates with a combination of TTR [Alchemy, Smithing], Combat Remastered and Merged Thievery Skill, which is needed if you want to use an optional module in Combat Remastered that replaces Lockpicking with an Inventing skill.I use the same encounter enhancing mods that Garfink is testing [HLE/SIC, Radiance, Random Encounters, Extended Encounters, ASIS increased spawns (0 -100; 1 - 50; 2 -5)] and stayed with Populated Dungeons.The behaviour of the NPCs is enhanced with ASIS, Deadly Dragons, Endgame NPC Overhaul, HLE/SIC, No Combat Boundaries, Revenge of the Enemies.A harsher environment is achieved by using Frostfall [Hardcore], Hunterborn [no reduced settings for time consuming processes], iNeed [activated Diseases, Death, more realistic weights of food, no added benefits to health etc. when eating, Follower Needs].Extended Encounters makes spawn rates at times quite unpredictable; meeting three wolves and two werewolves at level 2 is .. a good reason to test your character's abilities as a sprinter and swimmer.Dungeons are, at times, unbalanced but not one has been impossible so far; though I am likely dropping Populated Dungeons too.Sneak characters will have an easy time to level their main skills from the start since hostile NPCs spawn frequently and at far more locations than you might be used to.

The Dodge Mod has proven to be extremely useful against archers. If you avoid effect combat mods, script lag should be so short that the mod will work reliably even against a horde.The downside of the increased spawns is obvious: too many corpses and therefore too many interesting items are lying around, even with Morrowloot and Scarcity [loot 8x rarity] in the load order; some additional patching is indeed required.

Added: Though it's quite obvious, I still want to add that anyone who wants to have less loot should NOT activate in CCOR the addition of Bandoliers etc. to leveled lists. 

Edited by thommaal

I'm having a problem around Solitude. Whenever I try to go up the hill into Solitude, the screen shakes and there's a red flash, then not too long after that the game freezes and I have to exit through task manager.

Is there supposed to be a dragon attack there and it's a problem with Alternate Start?

I'm having a problem around Solitude. Whenever I try to go up the hill into Solitude, the screen shakes and there's a red flash, then not too long after that the game freezes and I have to exit through task manager.

Is there supposed to be a dragon attack there and it's a problem with Alternate Start?

Sorry, no idea. Shouldn't happen with any of our mods. Garfink is the one testing the game atm, he might have an answer for you. He'll be back tomorrow. Do you also use REGS?

Sorry, no idea. Shouldn't happen with any of our mods. Garfink is the one testing the game atm, he might have an answer for you. He'll be back tomorrow. Do you also use REGS?

Sorry, never seen that before.  Doubt its Alternate Start.  Are you using Resplendent Racials?  If you are try deactivating NPC powers and see if that helps.  

Since I have not yet solved the problems with Smithing Perk Overhaul, I am testing the frugal economy and the increased spawn rates with a combination of TTR [Alchemy, Smithing], Combat Remastered and Merged Thievery Skill, which is needed if you want to use an optional module in Combat Remastered that replaces Lockpicking with an Inventing skill.I use the same encounter enhancing mods that Garfink is testing [HLE/SIC, Radiance, Random Encounters, Extended Encounters, ASIS increased spawns (0 -100; 1 - 50; 2 -5)] and stayed with Populated Dungeons.The behaviour of the NPCs is enhanced with ASIS, Deadly Dragons, Endgame NPC Overhaul, HLE/SIC, No Combat Boundaries, Revenge of the Enemies.A harsher environment is achieved by using Frostfall [Hardcore], Hunterborn [no reduced settings for time consuming processes], iNeed [activated Diseases, Death, more realistic weights of food, no added benefits to health etc. when eating, Follower Needs].Extended Encounters makes spawn rates at times quite unpredictable; meeting three wolves and two werewolves at level 2 is .. a good reason to test your character's abilities as a sprinter and swimmer.Dungeons are, at times, unbalanced but not one has been impossible so far; though I am likely dropping Populated Dungeons too.Sneak characters will have an easy time to level their main skills from the start since hostile NPCs spawn frequently and at far more locations than you might be used to.

The Dodge Mod has proven to be extremely useful against archers. If you avoid effect combat mods, script lag should be so short that the mod will work reliably even against a horde.The downside of the increased spawns is obvious: too many corpses and therefore too many interesting items are lying around, even with Morrowloot and Scarcity [loot 8x rarity] in the load order; some additional patching is indeed required.

Added: Though it's quite obvious, I still want to add that anyone who wants to have less loot should NOT activate in CCOR the addition of Bandoliers etc. to leveled lists. 

What type of loot are you referring to that is too much?  Have you installed Gold Adjustment and Less Quest Gold?  Yes definitely turn off all the distributions in CCOR and don't forget to turn off many of the armor distribution in the Immersive Armor MCM.  

Getting rid of the populated series will make the spawns a lot more uniform and not overmuch.  Also allowing ASIS spawns to take over the work from Random Encounters also makes controlling spawn numbers much better.  Set all the RE spawns to 1, meaning that all RE does is introduce new spawn points and ASIS to control the numbers.  RE also controls the stats of the monsters as well as those settings in SIC.  

If that is still too much loot, then the only thing to do is to go through the Level lists and manually remove loot from bandits/vampires/hunters etc.  But that wouldn't be as easy making immersive weapon morrowloot patch, as you will have to make a patch/mod (similar to morrowloot) and not a replacement esp to remove the items from Skyrim.esm

I guess it could be done by investigating how morrowloot does what it does...

That dodge mod sounds interesting, especially if the stamina lost is substantial.  I will give it a burl.  Doesn't sound ridiculous and I feel its something that the player should be able to do.  If it makes the game easier... I will just have to make it harder.

Edited by Garfink

Yes, I do use REGS. I'm reinstalling the game and all the mods atm. I might have made a mistake somewhere when I was patching and/or doing conflict resolution. I'll see if that fixes it.

From the Oblivion Realm Serie - Solitude Gate mod page:

STORY There are rumors of something weird in the air. In the surroundings of Solitude people says to have been witness of unusual sunsets in the middle of the day.Just a blink of an eye and the skies were red. As quick as it happened it vanished later. People asked the Dragonborn to check on this.

• +1 1

Vanilla carry weight is 300 so recommended is 200. I am not at my computer to check in game SkyTweak settings atm but recommended health regen -100% (that means health regen disabled, you have to use magick and potions to heal) and magicka regen -50%.

Ok checking SkyTweak online, you have to cut MagickaRate in half and HealRate to 0. This is Nicopads settings and inspired by requiem and may contradict some balancing done by Garfink. His rebalanced skyrim will be added to the guide, probably starting tonight. But reducing regen rates forces you to use potions/magicka/ which is good.

Didn't see carry weight in there? The console command to change it is player.setav carryweight 200

Carryweight is in there (under attribute?), no health regen and decreased magicka regen is an interesting idea.  So with the Atronach Stones there will be NO magicka regen then.  My take on Carryweight is its up to the player, for true realism you really need to set it 100-200 depending on your character's strength:  Conan 200, a weakly mage 100.  But its a tough one to nail down, as armor you wear is going to weight "less" then the armor you carry.  There is a guy (the same one that wrote degradation mod) that is making an overhaul of the carry system that sounds awesome.  

As for the Health Regen and Magicka regen, its not necessary if you are using Duel (I am using Duel 7, highly recommended, its worth the scripts!), as that mod stops both regen during combat and I am not sure if further changing the default settings may have a deleterious effect (i.e. negative regen).  BUT if you are not using Duel, then its probably a good idea.  I am not sure if SkyRe Combat affects regen, probably not.

Edited by Garfink

What type of loot are you referring to that is too much?  Have you installed Gold Adjustment and Less Quest Gold?  Yes definitely turn off all the distributions in CCOR and don't forget to turn off many of the armor distribution in the Immersive Armor MCM.  

(..)

No, I have not yet added the Gold reducing mods -- and after my experience, I fully agree with you that such a function is needed. Adding your suggestions for the next session.At the beginning, I had forgotten to adjust Immersive Armors and it showed -- but that was remedied.I have reduced the RE spawn settings to "1" to let ASIS take control. The occasional imbalance is due to Extended Encounters: the mod author has deliberately added the possibility that events from EE might happen alongside vanilla encounters. Add ASIS and you might see a battle instead of a skirmish.The added NPcs are not a problem per se; there is just a higher chance than before to find some nice items.Combat Remastered is an interesting alternative to Duel but some of its (optional) perks are too powerful, imo, especially archery.I fought twice the same battles at level 4 with a) Duel, Dodge and the TTR skill set and b) Combat Remastered, Dodge. Once against a band of eight bandits (including two archers, two crossbow men) strolling around on the other side of the river near Embershard Mine (at the waterfall); and against four Thalmor Justiciars in the woods.Set (b) turned the first fight into a slaughter. Combat Remastered adds "Eagle Eye" as the first perk in its archery tree -- and that made the relatively stationary targets easy pickings. But the second fight was more difficult with set (b) since the mages were more deadly -- thanks to ASIS. Though the melee fighters will kill you in a heartbeat with Duel when they take initiative.If you add NPC Smarter Water AI - Full Compatibility to the first fight, things start to get interesting. The melee fighters immediately tried to reach my character -- it wasn't the best location for them to cross the river quickly, but the mod was working. At another place in another fight, bandits immediately jumped into the calm water and swam toward their target. So, the mod is back in my load order. I rarely use followers anyway.BTW, I playtest DukePatrick's combat mod in another profile, and it makes the other mods look .. unfinished. NPCs act smarter, and even wolves can be deadly when they jump and stagger you with their weight. The initiative-oriented v7 of Duel is more dynamic, though less "realistic". Lets hope that the latest alpha will become stable soon; the changes sound interesting.

I stopped using the Water AI mod because I am currently an illusionist and when you cast "fury" on bandits and they chase each other in the water, they get stuck there bumping into each other unable to attack in deep water.  I see the benefits of the mod when its working the way you mentioned it.  

Depends on my character I am roleplaying, but I often have 1 follower for someone to talk to.  (man that is geek sounding!)

Even the default settings of gold adjustment is pretty harsh, I suggest putting up the soul gem finds to 0.75 or you may have issues charging weapons.... but that may not be a bad thing.  makes you carry more than one weapon and use the good one sparingly.

Edited by Garfink

I found the mod I was looking for!

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43077/?

Sold out - Merchants do not sell rare ingots!

This mod removes rare ingots and their corresponding ores from vendors throughout Skyrim restoring rarity. You now have an incentive to carry a pickaxe again or perhaps learn which mines carry which ore in Skyrim. Smelting down found gear is now more valuable.

I will definitely be installing this mod!!!!!  Solved the final piece of the economy puzzle.  We have weapons & armor (morrowloot), gold (gold adjustment & less quest gold), gems & soul gems (gold adjustment), ores, ingots (sold out) and time (professions & hunterborn) all stifled now!  We have gone beyond morrowloot now where no geek has been so poor.

Oh.... and add in degradation mod and the game will be hardcore!  

Edited by Garfink

I experienced the same outcome you describe -- which is the reason why I deactivated it in the first place. But I use a sneak attack character at the moment and no companions, and then the fix the mod adds to the game outweighs the occasional inconvenience.

But I would not recommend it while using followers; and any gameplay that will very likely lead to the results you describe will break immersion too often to receive any net gain from the mod.

ADDED: Great find, Garfink. I am adding it to my list.

Edited by thommaal