Dreadflopps Modular patches

Playtesting continues, I think the balance is still good, on top of the current build of GSRP, I have reinstall ASIS perks with the changes suggested in the ASIS comments page and NOT the new asis inis from the improved asis ini page.  This means the NPCs are able to get SkyRe perks.  I am also playing with morrowloot now, with a properly modified SkyRe and immersive weapon to work with the new level list.  I didn't not readjust the hard difficulty of the current GSRP, it seems not necessary!

Just romp through a necromancer dungeon (azura's quest) and it was awesome, nice to see necromancers in robes again, rather than crazy get up, makes them a little more fragile, not that they were that tough to slice to begin with.  HLE Hardcore is still spawning some tough NPCs to fight, and with the extended stats from the SIC and RE MCM, they are dealing more damage than normal and I think the balance is spot on actually.  

The problem I am seeing is if I were a smithing character.  Because I have access to all the blocked weapons and armors via crafting, this can be potentially very powerful.  BUT I notice that Scarcity current at 8x loot and 4 times merchant is doing it job and merchants don't really have much Ingots or Ore to sell, and now that you can't really find much equipment to melt as before, smithing high level gear won't be as easy as before.

The million dollar question here is the current Merchant limitations enough?, if I find too much ore/ingots for sale then I may increase Scarcity merchants to 6x or 8x to compensate.  I am also not sure if morrowloot 4E does away with high level ore/ingots either.   If it does, I will need to go back into SkyRe and edit out the higher level ores too from its level lists.

In any case, my character doesn't smith at the moment and I am still surviving fine with my dawnbreaker and pale blade combo with rather crappy armor.  Unenchanted, Unimproved Scale armor at level 36!?!  The other daedric artifacts are looking rather attractive at the moment....  Oh, I did find clavicus's mask, too bad its heavy... I am using a hood and a priest mask, the one that gives to cheaper illusion, conjuration and alteration (perfect for my character), its converted to a circlet via a mod so I can use it with the hood.  (That mod is essential or I would NEVER wear one of those stupid masks!)

The new addition of Gold Adjustment is helping me with further fine balance of loot, particularly gems and gold.  I don't think soulgems need adjustment, as I am burning through them more than usual.

I like the world the way it is now, everybody at level 36 isn't wearing crazy clothes, most people are in steel or leather armor and it makes so much more sense and increases the immersion.  Bandits look like bandits instead of armored monsters and they still pack a punch because of their increased abilities via perks, outnumbering you, better AI and close to you leveling.  I don't miss OBIS one little bit!  AWESOME.

I am using the patches Dreadflopp made, but dreadflopp, I still can't merge that HLE morrowloot patch and the way I was doing it... seems to deactive HLE!  not a good idea.  I am using the same HLE SIC version as you, the same merge plugin.  hmmm....  

I morrowloot as many as my mods as possible, but there is still a very very small leak of better items somewhere, the leak is so small and the chances of better loot so low that it doesn't affect gameplay or balance at all.  The side affect is actually good.  VERY VERY VERY RARELY you will find 14 Elven Arrows and you go into a song and dance about it!  How about that!

Edited by Garfink

If you want to find the leak, you should probably find it if you scan through the leveled list in skyrim.esm. but maybe it doesn't matter. I will take a look at the hle patch later. Are you using the latest TES5Edit? Sent you pm btw. Must say you've done an amazing time testing and balancing all this.

That's a good idea, what is the color coding in tes5edit? In bed now so will msg you tomorrow. I will check my tes5edit version tomorrow, I must be pretty updated to use the 1.65 merge plugin though.

I looked at OBIS, can't be morrowlooted, it will lose all it's flavor if you did.

I will add professions tomorrow to make smithing and other activities take real game time. That should balance smithing more realistically make smithing and alchemy cost you more in food and board. Also solves that complaint every one has about food being too widely available, which is true as it's pretty darn rare for me to buy food at an inn. Then I may or may not install hunter born, the problem with hunter born is that you can't adjust the time skinning takes like professions and also I am not sure I like the voluminous amounts of meat you get,

Xathra put up a new stats.xml file for reproccer, using that version

Edited by Garfink

I'm still pretty new to using tes5edit, and also to Loot, but I have a question. In the notes for Morrowloot, it has instructions for the BOSS Masterlist to have CCO override Morrowloot. How would I go about doing that in Loot, or do I even have to?

Thanks, that answered that question. Also, when installing ERSO, it's supposed to install more than ERSO 08 - RUS-00 Main plus Dawnguard Dragonborn.esp right? If so, for some reason MO didn't install the other plugins. Or should i delete the fomod folder and just use it as a BAIN install?

Edited by Sartho

Thanks, that answered that question. Also, when installing ERSO, it's supposed to install more than ERSO 08 - RUS-00 Main plus Dawnguard Dragonborn.esp right? If so, for some reason MO didn't install the other plugins. Or should i delete the fomod folder and just use it as a BAIN install?

If you chose to install more, yes it should. If you updated MO to the new version, use the NCC downgrade optional for it to work better. I too have had difficulties with the ERSO package but the choices in the guide should work. My advice would be to go through the installer and see what you want and then manually copy all files from the ERSO archive. Deleting the fomod probably works too, haven't tried it.

Edited by dreadflopp

For those of you testing garfinks setup, here comes patches for that. Some patches posted earlier are included. The weapons patches posted earlier are probably overwritten by these, I'll have to look at them again since I had already uninstalled them. Here are the order of the patches, load them after the patches from the guide (they can probably be merged, haven't tried yet):

High Level Enemies - CCOR patch.esp
Endgame NPC Overhaul - STEP patch.esp
Endgame NPC Overhaul - REGS patch.esp
Morrowloot - Deadly Dragons Patch.esp
Morrowloot - Endgame NPC patc.esp
Morrowloot - Revenge of the enemies patch.esp
Revenge of the enemies - STEP patch.esp

and finally, high level enemies - morrowloot patch, whis is special. This last patch must be merged with the merge script with high level nemies sic edition.
1. Load high level enemies - morrowloot patch.esp after high level enemies - sic.esp in TES5Edit
2. merge the two files.
3. Delete (after a backup) high level enemies - sic.esp
4. Rename the merged file to high level enemies - sic.esp
5. Place it in the original high level enemies mod folder
DONE!

I'll let Garfink finish his balancing and see if his SkyRe and immersive weapons patches works. Then I'll upload them to and eventually (hopefully in a few days) update the guide. As for Garfinks rebalancing, if you want to test his mods please note that ERSO 9 is not compatible with Endgame NPC's and that High level enemies shouldn't be used with ERSO 8 since it makes enemies level with you in the highest level encounter zones. So either use ERSO 8+ERSO 9 OR High level enemies+Endgame NPC's.

Edit: forgot the link https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15909840/garfinks%20patches%202.7z

Edit: One more thing, Endgames NPC's and Immersive College of Winterhold has conflicts. I let Immersive College of Winterhold take priority in the patch. If people rather would let Endgame NPC's take priority let me know and I'll change it.

Edited by dreadflopp

I think I am going to have to upload my loadorder for you to flesh out Dreadflopp and for everyone else's reference.  I too use Immersive College of Winterhold and would definitely prefer Endgame NPC to take priority.  (Between you and me I think ICoW isn't really all that essential, its even arguable and subjective to say more is better with area-improvement mods and I have a mind to uninstall it in the next playthrough, like I've uninstalled all city improvement mods in the recent past)

I think you will freak out to see my load-order, makes absolutely no ordered sense!  :)  Seems to be super stable though....  I may have missed something with some mods needing specific orders though... because its so disorganized.  I think this is the only downside of loot.  Good if you guys can spot anything out of place.  

Edited by Garfink