Dreadflopps Modular patches

A harsher environment is achieved by using Frostfall [Hardcore], Hunterborn [no reduced settings for time consuming processes], iNeed [activated Diseases, Death, more realistic weights of food, no added benefits to health etc. when eating, Follower Needs]. 

What is your experience with iNeed? I'm thinking of using it instead of realistic needs and diseases since it has less conflicts but have no time to try for myself. I now its simpler than RND but in what way? And is it better in any aspect?

The best part of it is its UI, a glance tells you if you are hungry.  RND seems to have better recipes and certainly recipe mod support.  I also had a problem with iNeed and my load-order with realistic water two and I couldn't drinking rivers, but that could be just me.  RND has the disease component and the most important advantage of RND over iNeeds is the rotting food function which is essential for a harsher world and makes more sense when you find stale apples in an old cave.  

So I am sticking with RND.

Edited by Garfink

What is your experience with iNeed? I'm thinking of using it instead of realistic needs and diseases since it has less conflicts but have no time to try for myself. I now its simpler than RND but in what way? And is it better in any aspect?

Realistic Needs and Diseases adds more features: Food spoilage, added recipes, drinking from every water source, varied diseases.iNeed is uncomplicated and it works reliably with plenty of mods without adding patches (so it's less likely that a change in a mod will render a feature useless). The widgets are a nice visual reminder of your character's basic needs, follower needs are a nice touch, imo.The mod reduces the amount of freely available food noticeably and adds more salt instead -- which makes sense. You don't need to add any salt increasing mods any longer and you can't live of barrels easily. Food prices are also higher, which makes it more interesting to go out hunting.You can drink from rivers and streams but only close to waterfalls. Water skins, otoh, can be refilled so easily that this isn't a problem. The ability to forge water barrels and well buckets gives you another option to get water from wells and other sources.I miss spoilage a bit but with the increased weight of food you won't carry around an invisible larder anyway, especially when you reduce your character's carry capacity to a far more plausible level.Whenever I start a gameplay more focused on survival, I don't use iNeed, of course -- but neither do I use RND. Imps More Complex Needs is the better option in that case.From my pov, iNeed adds the necessity to go out foraging without distracting me from doing the more exciting stuff. And since foolishness is still punished with debuffs, diseases and death -- as it should be --  the balance works for me.

Edited by thommaal

Dreadflopp, the guide is getting better and better. Three suggestions to avoid confusion (a bit nitpicky):

- since LOOT is still a relatively new tool, you could add a sentence or two that the user also needs to manually adapt the load order following the guide line for BOSS.

- and Bash tags in LOOT can't be added in capitals, so someone not yet used to LOOT might be confused if he adds "NAMES" etc. instead of "Names" and the change isn't appearing afterward.

- and since you recommend ERSO 9 as well as 9.2, the mod name "02 Morrowloot - ERSO 09 patch.esp" could be more precise to avoid any need for queries.

I would also add a general reminder to sort masters. Dynamic patches and mod patches for a string of mods -- not looking at anyone in particular  ::P:  -- usually need some sorting.

ADDED:

Contradictory instructions:

1) STEP: Extended STEP: Extended 2.8 with Audio Overhaul for Skyrim updated to 2.0+ AND:

Bash Tagging Required Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp (name, stats) Make sure (relev, delev) is unchecked

Posted Image

Download the mesh fix from the original morrowloot. Install into Morrowloot 4E Edition, untick Morrowloot.esp

Bash Tagging Required:

• Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp (DELEV, RELEV)

Edited by thommaal

From the Oblivion Realm Serie - Solitude Gate mod page:

Yeah that's exactly what happened before it would freeze. I must have overlooked the description for that. When I finish reinstalling, I'll check if there is a conflict with this mod.

Dreadflopp, the guide is getting better and better. Three suggestions to avoid confusion (a bit nitpicky):

- since LOOT is still a relatively new tool, you could add a sentence or two that the user also needs to manually adapt the load order following the guide line for BOSS.

- and Bash tags in LOOT can't be added in capitals, so someone not yet used to LOOT might be confused if he adds "NAMES" etc. instead of "Names" and the change isn't appearing afterward.

- and since you recommend ERSO 9 as well as 9.2, the mod name "02 Morrowloot - ERSO 09 patch.esp" could be more precise to avoid any need for queries.

I would also add a general reminder to sort masters. Dynamic patches and mod patches for a string of mods -- not looking at anyone in particular  ::P:  -- usually need some sorting.

ADDED:

Contradictory instructions:

Fixed. Post install instructions will be added later today.

Skyrim Coin Replacement Redux (SCRR) is NOT compatible with Gold Adjustment (GA).  The latter mod doesn't recognize ANY of the coins from the former!

As immersive as SCRR is.... I think GA is more important.  So I chose to use Gold Adjustment and uninstall SCRR.

Edited by Garfink

Garfink, could you post your config of ASIS, what to choose etc...

Ouch if you remove the scrr instead of Ga (good choice I think) then you have to remove scrr edits from the morrowloot - step patch.

Edited by Nicopad

I have a question. Where can I find Duel - Combat Realism v7.6.1? I only see v7.6.3, 7.7.2 and 7.5.3. Also, would the mods in the Weather and Lighting pack conflict with any of these mods?

Use 7.6.3, I'll change it in the guide. Weather and lighting should be ok. I use vividian, ele, CoT etc.