Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

problem with merging uncut series :

After FNVEdit loads, right click on kochandbohr.esp and select "Apply Script".

• From the top dropdown select Merge Plugins v1.65 and click [OK].
  • In the Merge Plugins pop up, tick "rotfacetoriches.esp", "avangraffscorned.esp", "athornysituation.esp", and "awilderwasteland.esp", untick "Renumber FormIDs", and click [OK]

i don't have "awilderwasteland.esp" in the list (all the other +"falloutnv" and the hardcoded one). it's visible though on the fnvedit left panel before trying to apply script. I've tried to right click on all other and select apply script just in case, but no change : i have the 4 other uncut listed, but not "awilderwasteland.esp".

edit:

= It seem the modification to loot for ADAM are already done in loot

= In the bash patch explication, "Import Relation" with "NewVegasBountiesII.esp" coched missing

Edited by jlkawaii

problem with merging uncut series :

i don't have "awilderwasteland.esp" in the list (all the other +"falloutnv" and the hardcoded one). it's visible though on the fnvedit left panel before trying to apply script. I've tried to right click on all other and select apply script just in case, but no change : i have the 4 other uncut listed, but not "awilderwasteland.esp".

edit:

= In the bash patch explication, "Import Relation" with "NewVegasBountiesII.esp" coched missing

You have to expand the window with the list of plugins to be merged. It sometimes hide the last plugin.

You have to expand the window with the list of plugins to be merged. It sometimes hide the last plugin.

That was it, thanks.

Note: the 2 point below are valid, though:

Ok... this is random. So when I finally got home after work, I thought I'd play around. Tried unsuccessfully for a time, but then thought I'd go back to non 4Gb loader and see if I could get ENBoost working. Dumped the wrapper version in the base game directory and fired it up. Game loaded but my save wouldn't load. So I went back to the 4Gb loader to make sure it wasn't an issue with the save. Without changing anything, all ENB files in the base directory of FNV, it loaded, with ENB.

Strange, I thought, until I considered the command line for the 4gb loader. In the guide it says to add "-laaexe .falloutMO.exe" as arguments. Wouldn't this mean then that the executable running the game (and thus being the executable that ENB is trying to run with) is the falloutMO.exe? Thus the d3d dll is in the same folder as the actual executable if in the main directory, because that is where falloutMO.exe is.

Now my game is running smooth as a baby's backside.

Edited by daemondai

Not sure what you mean. I'm away from my computer so I can look at the file.

No worries, what I mean is when installing FCO you instruct us to install Dirty Textures, Eye Textures, Hair Textures, ENB Hair Meshes (if installing an ENB otherwise disregard), Willow, Roberts Patch, and Glowing Ghouls. You recommend not installing FCO version 2.2 but installing 2.1.3, or installing 2.2 manually.

When installing 2.2 manually you get additional folders titled "1.0" and "Main" (which don't appear in the external installer options) on top of those you have instructed us to install. I'm guessing "main" is required, and after looking in the original install I could see some of the "1.0" files. 

I went ahead and installed those files and it seems to be working fine.

Edited by Kman

I believe that FCO is about to update since Drumber mentioned it today on his nexus thread. v2.1.3 is just fine to use right now if you want to wait on updating. The v2.2 update added one race, but otherwise it was about moving toward a fancy installer. The installer is pretty much fixed now and will properly scale to fit all screen resolutions and will install the Willow plugins correctly, so I'd wait for it.

If you install the v2.2 manually then that's okay too, I'd bet the next update isn't going to add anything much the mod except fix the installer.

That was it, thanks.

Note: the 2 point below are valid, though:

The two 'Load After' changes are still needed and are not something that would get added to the LOOT masterlist since they are preference instead of necessary. I did remove the Bash Tags, I forgot about them being there, so thanks.

I'll report the missing Bash Tag to the LOOT guys, they have been adding stuff for me and kelmych really quickly the last couple weeks. Thanks again.

Okay, now this is weird. I had C.Light as a bash tag for NVBII, now I have Relations. It switched out on me somehow or the updater isn't merging correctly. I've been testing v7 alpha 3 since it has an advanced editor, but I guess I should be using the older one for consistency. The directions I put in the guide might not match up perfectly.

I'm going to be updating all my drives this weekend, so I probably will be starting over from scratch. I don't have to, but I want to see what's it's like to actually install the guide from scratch. I'm sure there is some outdated stuff and this will help get rid of some of it. Plus, I can fine tooth all the plugins to finally get the LOOT masterlist up to date.

I'm pretty sure this will take a while, but I'm pretty happy with where everything is short of a few little mods here and there. Nothing major since I won't be doing The Inheritance, Deimos, or Beyond Boulder Dome until I get everything reinstalled.

I'm also going to address some power armor mods since they are lacking. I haven't used power armor in a playthrough since I started F&L which is a serious oversight. I'm guessing the best starting point would be Powered Power Armor by Imp. I know everyone just took a huge gasp because that mod goes in the UI section, but don't worry it's easy to update now that I know the procedure. Anyone that knows of some other cool power armor mods let me know and I will start on that part early next week.

There are several Fallout NV ports of Medic Power Armor from Fallout 3 that might be interesting to try in addition to PPA (I haven't tried these in FNV yet): (MP-48 Medic Power Armor and Prototype Medic Power Armor). PPA sounds particularly interesting. This page mentions that Medic Power Armor is in the FNV game files but the sounds and scripts aren't properly implemented.  I haven't gotten the character I'm using for testing to a high enough level in Fallout 3 to use Medic Power Armor or PPA yet, but in my last playthrough of FO3 I used the Medic Power Armor for a while.

It's not power armor but you might consider also adding Dragonskin Tactical Outfit since it's quite different than the conventional armor currently in F&L (camo options, etc.).

I had this really weird issue with Dragonskin last time I tested it, but I reckon it's time to give it another try. I wish there was a worn version that would make it match really well with Spice of Life.

I'll look at those Medic Armor mods since it was cut content it should be in the game. The wiki page was written by Yuki, that guy may have a Fallout problem...

I may up the hardcore needs in my next playthrough and drop PN Rebalance for IMCNNV, Powered Power Armor, Ambient Temp, and Extended HUD. So many of his mods are good, but they just seem unfinished. That may call for a separate page though, I'm not big on rocking the boat from what I've already worked so hard to get stable.

Since I'm using F&L with additions, thought I'd add a couple of cents. :)1. Delilah's Alternate Voice Pack  is totally worth it. Same tone, same sort of voice, copied original voice actor's pacing and inflection, but high quality recording equipment. Win freaking win. 

2. I have been using the Precision Collision mod. It's not perfect but it's still way better.

3. Feng Shui mod is awesome. I absolutely love being able to manipulate things better in my house and such. I can't stress this one enough.4. NVR3. I don't know why anyone would not use this. New Vegas Redesigned 3. So, so good. So much detail. The faces are incredible. There is no way I'd play again without this one.  

Hey SRB,

One note on the guide and a couple of power armour suggestions.

In the section for merging the Advanced Recon stuff, it says: After FNVEdit loads, right click on kochandbohr.esp and select "Apply Script"

I'm assuming you're not meant to click kochandbohr.esp and instead click on Detect Traps - DLC.esp or one of the other detect traps esps?

Also, Courier 6 power armour is pretty cool for power armour and has patches for PN and Advanced Recon, as well as Liena's Squad Power Armour and Colossus T49XV. Really good quality textures on all 3 mods, and I think the Courier 6 armour fits really nicely into the game.

• +1 1