Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Yeah I got Interior Lighting Overhaul-core.bsa. I even tried converting the ILO files into esm's as a shot in the dark, didn't work..

I don't know if it's relevant, but I got CinemaTech, Dynavision, Directors chair and advanced recon as extra mods (most of which are lighting mods). Don't know if they  have any known issues with that mod.

Edited by Kman

Ok that worked. Thanks Man!

There is a hard cap on the number of BSAs that you can load in game with plugins. You are now at that limit, so every new mod you install that has a BSA should be unpacked. You'll know because the game won't even load.

I had similar issues when I was getting my mod install together. I'm not quite sure exactly why, but if I have more than about 5 BSA files running beyond the required game files, my game doesn't load. I honestly would have thought the BSA cap was higher than that, even combined with esp and esm files, but eh... at least that part is sorted.

I'm still having strange issues with my set up. While I haven't gone through and disabled mods one by one to find the culprit, I find the issues that I'm having to be really odd. Right near the beginning of the game, on the quest for Sunny Smiles, the first part works fine, but when she runs off to lead me to kill the geckos at the first point, she doesn't talk to me. I can still do stuff that doesn't involve talking to people, but if I open my pipboy, I get a CTD. Still haven't found the textures problem, but I haven't had the time to look into that either, and I figure that unless I sort out the bigger problem that breaks the game, the texture issue is academic. I do think that one of my texture problems lies with ElectroCity, because some of the missing textures are where I would imagine street lights would be along the road leading towards Primm from Goodsprings.

There is a hard cap on the number of BSAs that you can load in game with plugins. You are now at that limit, so every new mod you install that has a BSA should be unpacked. You'll know because the game won't even load.

Ah bummer. That's good to know. Thanks again for your help.

I'm still having strange issues with my set up. While I haven't gone through and disabled mods one by one to find the culprit, I find the issues that I'm having to be really odd. Right near the beginning of the game, on the quest for Sunny Smiles, the first part works fine, but when she runs off to lead me to kill the geckos at the first point, she doesn't talk to me. 

Sounds like something that involves Tutorial killer? 

I'm not running Tutorial Killer at all. Basically I'm running F&LNV with a couple of mod changes and additional mods, but not that many additional. I'll list the deviations from the F&LNV in case something jumps out for someone.

Not using from F&LNV:

No ENB.

5.1 - FPS Weapon Wheel.

5.2 - Centered 3rd Person Camera

7.2 - Nevada Skies, Uncut Wasteland (wasn't in guide when I started)

8.2 - NVR3

9.1 - Omnis Hi-Res Pipboy 3000, Pipboy Light Colours

21.1 - Couriers Stash Integration, Roleplayers Alt Start, Tutorial Killer

Additional not from F&LNV:

4.1 - New Vegas Uncut 6, 7 and Outside Bets

4.2 - NVBII, The Inheritance (Someguy Series), The Couriers Cache, The New Bison Steve Hotel, Lucky 38 Suite Reloaded, Mobile Truck Base.

5.1 - Adv. Recon Thermal Nightvision, JIP Companion Command & Control, Stimpack Counter, Quick Trade, Dynavision 3

7.2 - NV Project Reality

9.1 - A Familiar Friend (Pipboy 2500), Brighter Pipboy Light, Quicker Pipboy Light, Advanced Recon Armour, Advanced Desert Ranger Helmet, Armoured Bounty Hunter Duster, Black Leather Armoured Duster, JaySuS Rogue Ranger Coats, Colossus Enclave - Lienas Squad Armour, Colossus T49XV, Courier 6 Power Armour

9.2 - Non WotNM weapons by Millenia (i.e. the ones that are still loose and haven't been added to WotM

10 - Improved Automatic Ironsights Animations

11 - Additional Radio Stations (Wave Radio, Radio Free Wasteland, Old World Radio)

12 - Alternative Repairing, Bottle That Water, Manual Reload, Puce Moose Tweak and Balance Centre (only the NPC kill detection and +health of vehicles), Realistic Weapon Damages

9.1 - A Familiar Friend (Pipboy 2500), Brighter Pipboy Light, Quicker Pipboy Light, Advanced Recon Armour, Advanced Desert Ranger Helmet, Armoured Bounty Hunter Duster, Black Leather Armoured Duster, JaySuS Rogue Ranger Coats, Colossus Enclave - Lienas Squad Armour, Colossus T49XV, Courier 6 Power Armour

So you're using Spice of Life together with Armoured Bounty Hunter Duster, Black Leather Armoured Duster and JaySuS Rogue Ranger Coats? Spice of Life already has the first two, and at least a few of the armors from JaySuS integrated, so they are redundant.

By the way, am I the only one finding KFE - Refill Water Bottles pretty useless? The only place I have been able to refill bottles is at the Goodsprings Source. I really like how the mod works, but isn't really useful if there's only one place in the whole game where you can refill those empty bottles. If you could just fill your empty bottles with dirty water at places with unclean water that would make it much more useful.

Edited by MadOak

Should be every valve in game. Ncr sharecroppers, that one little farm in the south of the map, and really any other valve you come across.Oh and there is a perk that let's you fill empty nuka and sunset bottles.

I'm very confused. Looking at KFE - Refill Water Bottles.esp in FNVEdit I see no perks added by the mod. And at least the different places I've tried to use the water valves my PC only takes a zip. As the guide says I have PN-Refill Water Bottles Patch.esp set as an optional file, is it really supposed to be that since you made it for him?

There is a patch and a replacer. The one you are using is the replacer.

The perk is added by Project Nevada if I'm not mistaken. KFE is just supposed to do the same thing as that perk, but for water bottles instead of the empty Nuka and Sunset bottles. I fill up a lot at the NCR sharecroppers farm because of running back and forth from raider territory, freeside, and Camp McCarren. There are a couple other places with valves, but I forget all of them.

You could very well be over the soft plugin limit. It's 140 and my current testing profile is 124, but you have way more additions in your game than I currently do, so maybe merge some stuff.

I did a count and with BSAs, ESPs and ESMs I was still under the 140, however that being said, merging plugins seems to have fixed my problems. Merged the loose millenia weapons together, and some armour mods together, and all my problems seem to have been solved. Well... all the ones I can see in the first 20 mins of playing the game.

I'd like to thank EssArrBee for putting this guide together, all the people who suggested things to help, and coffee for being awesome.