Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I've been wanting to switch to LOOT for a while and tomorrow will be the day that happens. It will probably take a day or two for all changes happen, maybe? IDK exactly how much work it will be. WilliamImm added a ton of bash tags and rules for me a while back and now another masterlist contributor, Freso, has been adding a bunch of stuff, so I can get this party started.

My advice is to not switch over if you already have a F&L install and a playthrough started. Don't take a chance on wrecking a character if you have a stable game going. Once you have new playthrough in mind go ahead a switch.

Once, I get all that sorted out, back to mods. I am going to start a new playthrough with a LOOT load order and some new mods.

• New Vegas Redesigned 3 - Obviously
  • Wasteland Uncut - Looks like nice tiny mod, with improvement in many places.
  • NVBII - Finally, should have been long ago, but I rekt a playthrough right after starting it.
  • A Thorny Situation - NV Uncut 4
  • A Wilder Wasteland - NV Uncut 5, There is a giant gecko in this mod, just sayin
  • If it Wasn't For Betsy - NV Uncut 6, dependent on YUP integrating the script fix
  • Others stuff that I've forgetten

AFter that is FNVEdit stuff like patching and mergeing. I'll add links later, being lazy ATM.

My advice is to not switch over if you already have a F&L install and a playthrough started. Don't take a chance on wrecking a character if you have a stable game going. Once you have new playthrough in mind go ahead a switch.

I was actually just about to move into Honest Hearts, so this is as good a time as any for me to make the switch and still keep my playthrough blind, which is how I like it. I can easily rebuild up to this point if my character breaks (he's only level 9 or so).

I was actually just about to move into Honest Hearts, so this is as good a time as any for me to make the switch and still keep my playthrough blind, which is how I like it. I can easily rebuild up to this point if my character breaks (he's only level 9 or so).

Wouldn't your Let's Play suffer if you broke your character and had to start all over?

I've been wanting to switch to LOOT for a while and tomorrow will be the day that happens. It will probably take a day or two for all changes happen, maybe? IDK exactly how much work it will be. WilliamImm added a ton of bash tags and rules for me a while back and now another masterlist contributor, Freso, has been adding a bunch of stuff, so I can get this party started.

Once, I get all that sorted out, back to mods. I am going to start a new playthrough with a LOOT load order and some new mods.

• New Vegas Redesigned 3 - Obviously
  • Wasteland Uncut - Looks like nice tiny mod, with improvement in many places.
  • NVBII - Finally, should have been long ago, but I rekt a playthrough right after starting it.
  • A Thorny Situation - NV Uncut 4
  • A Wilder Wasteland - NV Uncut 5, There is a giant gecko in this mod, just sayin
  • If it Wasn't For Betsy - NV Uncut 6, dependent on YUP integrating the script fix
  • Others stuff that I've forgetten

AFter that is FNVEdit stuff like patching and mergeing. I'll add links later, being lazy ATM.

I don't know if you saw it, but I posted back on page 65 about a way to make FCO and NVR3 compatible. If you didn't it's right here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/4727-fear-and-loathing-in-new-vegas-feedback/?p=96126

Wouldn't your Let's Play suffer if you broke your character and had to start all over?

I don't know if you saw it, but I posted back on page 65 about a way to make FCO and NVR3 compatible. If you didn't it's right here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/4727-fear-and-loathing-in-new-vegas-feedback/?p=96126

I did see that. So, you were also able to keep the Willow and Roberts patch plugins? I might just make people do it. It is simple as loading the ESM, expand, click NPC, delete, save, close.

But, not today. Today is the switch to LOOT.

THe last ILO update doesn't play well with the internal installer. Not sure what the issue is, but it can't detect the installed mods and grays out the options for NVSkies, NVBI&II, and NVInteriors. I'll have to figure something out, but maybe lay off the update until I do.

FCO is now one of those .fomods inside an archive that doesn't play well with MO, so it needs to be extracted. 

THe last ILO update doesn't play well with the internal installer. Not sure what the issue is, but it can't detect the installed mods and grays out the options for NVSkies, NVBI&II, and NVInteriors. I'll have to figure something out, but maybe lay off the update until I do.

FCO is now one of those .fomods inside an archive that doesn't play well with MO, so it needs to be extracted. 

You can still install it manually, it's just a bunch of .esp's. It's a pain but that does the job.

Yeah my legions of followers would be in an uproar. They'd be riots on the streets! He's only lvl 9 I can rebuild up to that point ooc. If I was lvl 20 + it would be a different story.

Edited by Kman

Yeah my legions of followers would be in an uproar. They'd be riots on the streets! He's only lvl 9 I can rebuild up to that point ooc. If I was lvl 20 + it would be a different story.

GamerPoets had to do that with a character when he had a data loss on his HDD. It didn't seem like he minded doing it since he found out about some stuff that broke in his playthrough.

Looks like the FCO installer has a couple issues and Drumber is aware of it. There should be an update soon, since the author is pretty good about releasing stuff quickly.

I just finished most my work for the day so I'm going to start working on the guide right now. Runs off to library coffee shop for a quad shot of espresso... -.-  ->  O.O

I installed the new Wrye Flash Standalone for Fallout 3 and it seems to be working fine. Have you tried it for Fallout NV?

Some users of this excellent guide might find these two small Fallout NV mods useful; I have:

Darnified UI - DT and DR adds DT and DR to the Pipboy menu for armor. No plugin, but it requires FOMM-fork for installation and it does change some xml menus from Weapon Mod Menu so it can add DT and DR to what is displayed.

It always bothered me that Fallout NV determines reputation values for every town except Primm. As mentioned here, the script and icon for Primm reputation are present in the game, but the script is disabled. Primm Reputation Restored enables the script and ties Primm-related events to determining the reputation. I consider this a fix, but it isn't included in any of the major fix compendiums.

I installed the new Wrye Flash Standalone for Fallout 3 and it seems to be working fine. Have you tried it for Fallout NV?

Some users of this excellent guide might find these two small Fallout NV mods useful; I have:

Darnified UI - DT and DR adds DT and DR to the Pipboy menu for armor. No plugin, but it requires FOMM-fork for installation and it does change some xml menus from Weapon Mod Menu so it can add DT and DR to what is displayed.

It always bothered me that Fallout NV determines reputation values for every town except Primm. As mentioned here, the script and icon for Primm reputation are present in the game, but the script is disabled. Primm Reputation Restored enables the script and ties Primm-related events to determining the reputation. I consider this a fix, but it isn't included in any of the major fix compendiums.

Yeah, I had looked at the DT and DR mod, but at the time I was so tired of messing with UI stuff I just didn't want to bother and ended up forgetting about it. I think I heard of that Primm mod too, but just spaced it as well.

I'm pretty much done with LOOT, it was actually easy to switch with all the rules Will and Freso added. Now I can mod test and patch. 

I did see that. So, you were also able to keep the Willow and Roberts patch plugins? I might just make people do it. It is simple as loading the ESM, expand, click NPC, delete, save, close.

I'm using them both with no issues as well as the Niner patch (you need to consider that mod - very short quest but I've never gotten attached to a companion like I have with him (he reminds me of a very good friend of mine ::P: )). Unfortunately NVR3 wasn't made with body mods like Robert's in mind (Dracomies had to make changes to the mod after release so that mods like Spice of Life were compatible), so certain NPC's got some very boring looking body textures compared to their detailed face textures, both it's not hard to live with.

I see, but I would definitely invest in a bulletproof vest if I were you  ::P:

This game hates me... with a passion.

I basically went and started my mods again from scratch, because after trying to fix the issues I was having with Spice of Life and taking your advice to extract most of the BSAs and hide them, I couldn't get the game to load up again. Now I seem to be having issues with two completely different mods working together. NVInteriors and Lucky 38 Suite Reloaded. The strange thing is, I'm sure I've had the two working together fine before, and both mods come recommended in Gopher's FNV Mod Clinic. I can get the game to load just fine with one or the other installed, but not both, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. I'm on the verge of going back to square one, removing all mods from MO and starting from the complete beginning, but I don't see how that would work out differently than what I'm doing now.

I've even gone back and removed and installed all the mods up to the point of installing NVInteriors that have anything other than a simple activate mod instruction. I think the last shreds of my sanity are about to untangle.

Edit: Starting from complete scratch seemed to solve the problem, which I suppose means something I did through the installation process broke it.

Edited by daemondai