Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I am following the guide. Great guide. Found a few things.

- Generate Bash Tags.pas requires mteFunctions.pas to be functional - This file need to be downloaded from Mator's Github. It is not included in fresh FNVEdit install.

- Merging instructions with Standalone Merge Plugins - When select plugins (esp) to merge, you need to select master files as well, such as FalloutNV.esm.

- Cut Content Merged

It shows C.Light tag as well when I use Generate Bash Tags.pas. You don't have it in your guide.

I use your Generate Bash Tags.pas from the guide and latest mteFunctions.pas from Mator's Github.

{{BASH:Actors.ACBS,Actors.AIPackages,Actors.DeathItem,Actors.Stats,C.Light,C.Water,Factions,Graphics,Invent,Names,Relations,Scripts,Stats}}

- "Powered Power Armor by Imp of the Perverse 

This mod will override your console/.ini FOV settings (always resetting to FOV 75) but the in-game item for configuring Powered Power Armor lets you specify a new FOV."

Does it effect all FOV or just FOV when using Power Armor? I usually use FOV 95 due to ultrawide screen (21:9). 

Edited by darkside

Okay, here it is: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61407/?

Only YUP Patches at this moment. Haven't gotten a reply from weijiesen yet to do EVE, but I have those patches ready to go. Gonna be adding a bunch more.  :gnome:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I'll add the necessary patches to the guide soon-ish.

- Generate Bash Tags.pas requires mteFunctions.pas to be functional - This file need to be downloaded from Mator's Github. It is not included in fresh FNVEdit install.

- Merging instructions with Standalone Merge Plugins - When select plugins (esp) to merge, you need to select master files as well, such as FalloutNV.esm.

- Cut Content Merged

It shows C.Light tag as well when I use Generate Bash Tags.pas. You don't have it in your guide.

I use your Generate Bash Tags.pas from the guide and latest mteFunctions.pas from Mator's Github.

{{BASH:Actors.ACBS,Actors.AIPackages,Actors.DeathItem,Actors.Stats,C.Light,C.Water,Factions,Graphics,Invent,Names,Relations,Scripts,Stats}}

This mod will override your console/.ini FOV settings (always resetting to FOV 75) but the in-game item for configuring Powered Power Armor lets you specify a new FOV."

Does it effect all FOV or just FOV when using Power Armor? I usually use FOV 95 due to ultrawide screen (21:9). 

Don't worry if a tag is missing here or there. You're going to end up with hundreds of them by the end. I'll see about putting the mteFunctions.pad in the guide. Forgot about that. I think it's all FOV to be honest. The in game configuration is in your inventory from the start though, so you can change it right way.

- Cut Content Merged

Building on what Ess said, you can keep the C.Light tag, it's actually just something which was missed the first time around, and I'll see to adding it to the guide.

EDIT: I apologize in advance, but when I learned of this punny business involving patching, I couldn't help myself.

ykvqlVX.jpg?1

Here's my go at the real logo:

sjHFMYH.jpg

Edited by MonoAccipiter

Logo looks great!

I have another question. 

Interior Lighting Overhaul

• Author: Sarge198 and Killergrimm
  • Version: v6.9

- When I installed extracted FMOD installer, it automatically selected 4 options in Mod support - New Vegas Bounties I, New Vegas Bounties II, NV Interiors Project Combo Ed., DEIMOS? Should I pick only 3 options per guide?

- Related to above questions, If I selected only 3 options per guide, there will be no "ILO - NVInteriors Project.esp" in Interior Lighting Overhaul mod folder to be moved to Optional ESP in the following merge instruction.

Thanks

Edited by darkside

Yes, only pick the 3 options specified in the guide. This is because it includes my mod (NVInteriors Rewritten), which has its own patch for ILO.

EDIT: More specifically in response to your second question - the instructions specify that you want to move "ILO - NVInteriors Project.esp" to the optional plugins list in the NVInteriors Rewritten mod, not the Interior Lighting Overhaul mod (as per step 9). The plugin you merge will also come from NVInteriors Rewritten.

Relevant quotes:

The patches from this mod can be merged with the one from NVInteriors Rewritten, so follow these instructions:

9. In the left pane of MO, double click NVInteriors Rewritten.

Edited by MonoAccipiter

Yes, only pick the 3 options specified in the guide. This is because it includes my mod (NVInteriors Rewritten), which has its own patch for ILO.

Thanks!

If this is the case, the following merge instruction 

11. In the left pane of MO, double click Interior Lighting Overhaul.

12. Now go to the "Optional ESPs" tab and move the "ILO - D.E.I.M.O.S.esp", "ILO - NVInteriors Project.esp", "ILO - New Vegas Bounties.esp", "ILO - New Vegas Bounties II.esp", and "ILO - YUP Patch.esp" to the Optional ESPs box.

The green letters need to be removed from the instruction.

Do you know if it's gonna be safe to use your patches (and FCO Bugfixes) on an existing F&L savegame? Only major mods I don't use are Beyond Boulder Dome and Tales from the Burning Sands (and any patches relating to them).

yes my patches are to use on an existing patch. Remember to rerun your bashed patch.

Should we consider adding This to the last step of the guide:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61206/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fnewvegas%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D61206%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Seems like a good idea for the finishing touches.

I'm testing it in my current playthrough.

Building on what Ess said, you can keep the C.Light tag, it's actually just something which was missed the first time around, and I'll see to adding it to the guide.

EDIT: I apologize in advance, but when I learned of this punny business involving patching, I couldn't help myself.

ykvqlVX.jpg?1

Here's my go at the real logo:

sjHFMYH.jpg

I'm gonna steal both those. Is it possible to make the white parts transparent?

Okay, PostImage is my new go to site.

I'm going to have to get everyone to switch the F&L banner to that version since copy is shutting down soon.

Here's the BBCode for the nexus:

[center][url=wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas][img=http://s20.postimg.org/3n4plmw19/FLNV_Banner_Smaller.jpg][/url][/center]

I'm wondering if it we can put synching up the grunt/sniper/cowboy perks of PN/WMX/YUP on the agenda because it's really a chore trying to get all the pieces to fit so that these perks are viable.

Also is there a list of mods we need to manually but the Weapon mod bash tag in?

Edited by Van555

I am listening to Radio New Vegas on Youtube while installing this guide. Feel awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHf7Sx0Lgqs

I found a few things. Hopefully, I am not too annoying to you guys. This is from someone that doing fresh install.

1) Merging instruction for ILO Merged.esp

- Somehow, I needed to sort load order once with LOOT before merging. Otherwise I can't add "ILO - NVInteriors Project.esp" to the merge, even though I tick it in the Merge Plugins' first screen. This plugin will not show up on the screen before final merge. I think it has to do with load order of master esm(s). NOTE - I never run LOOT before this step.

2) LOOT custom rule instruction for ILO Merged.esp

- You didn't instruct user to click "LOAD AFTER" before adding esp's name. This is true for other LOOT rule instructions in this guide as well.

- We can't really drag plugins from the list because these esp(s) hasn't been installed yet. 

3) Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhancement installation

- When install RWLE - Someguy's Mods patch collection, when picking FNV option. It will install both FNV RWLE - NVBIII Patch.esp and FNV RWLE - Russell Patch.esp. You instruct to hide only FNV RWLE - Russell Patch.esp. FNV RWLE - NVBIII Patch.esp will have missing master "NewVegasBountiesIII.esp".

4) Which version of Wasteland Flora Overhaul do you guys preferred?

5) LOOT rule for Mono's Updated ADAM Package

"ADAM-FAUE_Patch.esp" is not in the mod installation. The esp's name is "ADAM Complete - FAUE Patch.esp"

-----------------------------

I know that this guide is not for totally new user, but these changes may make it more clear.

Thanks!

Edited by darkside

I am listening to Radio New Vegas on Youtube while installing this guide. Feel awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHf7Sx0Lgqs

I found a few things. Hopefully, I am not too annoying to you guys. This is from someone that doing fresh install.

1) Merging instruction for ILO Merged.esp

- Somehow, I needed to sort load order once with LOOT before merging. Otherwise I can't add "ILO - NVInteriors Project.esp" to the merge, even though I tick it in the Merge Plugins' first screen. This plugin will not show up on the screen before final merge. I think it has to do with load order of master esm(s). NOTE - I never run LOOT before this step.

2) LOOT custom rule instruction for ILO Merged.esp

- You didn't instruct user to click "LOAD AFTER" before adding esp's name.

- We can't really drag plugins from the list because these esp(s) hasn't been installed yet. 

3) Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhancement installation

- When install RWLE - Someguy's Mods patch collection, when picking FNV option. It will install both FNV RWLE - NVBIII Patch.esp and FNV RWLE - Russell Patch.esp. You instruct to hide only FNV RWLE - Russell Patch.esp. FNV RWLE - NVBIII Patch.esp will have missing master "NewVegasBountiesIII.esp".

4) Which version of Wasteland Flora Overhaul do you guys preferred?

I know that this guide is not for totally new user, but these changes may make it more clear.

Thanks!

Hmm normally I'm a dead version guy but I decided on fertile this time.

Better to be thorough then not.