Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Would be part of the restored sewers I guess. Makes the light level more appropriate. 

I changed the Game Tweaks section at the end of the guide. Now it's a mod in the Fixes section. You can go to the subpage and do it manually or download the plugin I made. The plugin is then merged with the other fixes. I did this so I could use that plugin as a patch to build onto with other fixes since the conflict resolution page is coming along. 

I've finally taken a good look at the YUP patches mod on the nexus and it seems okay. Needs an update for v10 though. I'll probably do it.

Anyone can still test out my Crossbows plugin to see if the FPS drop in Goodsprings is gone.  https://mega.nz/#!sM5HwDQJ!AnQm5_JH7LugUjG1xyObAL5FFAzOgIFPz8sxBHLKl_s

I'll start putting my YUP patches out on the Nexus tomorrow or maybe tonight if I make a couple more. They are tiny patches. 

Go back to this post and read the exchange SRB and I had on that. For some unknown reason my merge had invalid RGB values applied. Is your merge giving you the same result?

My search-fu must have failed me. Thanks for pointing out the exchange to me.

I'm getting the same values: 87, 79, 57 RGB in the merged file, but I guess that's OK now, and presumably the C.Light tag?

Regarding fINIp NV; I put it in so early that I really did very little in the way of comparative performance testing, but everything is running smoothly with no discernible lag or hitching. I doubt it matters when you apply it, provided you copy the files to the appropriate MO profile folder and then add the INI tweaks in the guide through MO's INI editing utilities.

Glad to hear that we will have the option to download a pre-made conflict patch or make our own. I've learned so much from these forums about getting the most from the tools and utilities that the community has created and shared with us. Thanks to Ess and everyone here who makes this such a rewarding community. ::):

Well, after some days I have finally finished your terrific guide. New Vegas seems to work properly, though I have some minor stutters and performance issues (AMD 7850HD with 2GB VRAM, i5 2500K), but those are not very grave. However, I still have some more problems and questions I'd need your help on:

1) my VATS doessn't seem to work properly, as i cannot order out any attack, the rest of VATS works as it should, though.

2) I have some esps in my "Plugins" tab that are deactivated and I wouldn't know what to do with them: DeadMoneyFemaleTuxedo.esp / boa_ncrpahelmet.esp / Boacombat2glove.esp / Tutorial-Killer-Merged.esp / FNV RWLE - NVBIII Patch.esp / FNV RWLE - Russells Patch.esp -> Should I put them into Optional Plugins?

3) Also I have two Batched Patches, one being marked Unmanaged in MO in the left pane, but only one Bashed Patch, 0.esp at the end of the load order, activated. Is that correct?

4) I have optimized the Vanilla Textures according to the linked Quickstep DDSOpt Guide, but there was nowhere specified what to do with the optimized archives. Should I just install them in MO and untick the standard esps?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by whattado

Well, after some days I have finally finished your terrific guide. New Vegas seems to work properly, though I have some minor stutters and performance issues (AMD 7850HD with 2GB VRAM, i5 2500K), but those are not very grave. However, I still have some more problems and questions I'd need your help on:

1) my VATS doessn't seem to work properly, as i cannot order out any attack, the rest of VATS works as it should, though.

2) I have some esps in my "Plugins" tab that are deactivated and I wouldn't know what to do with them: DeadMoneyFemaleTuxedo.esp / boa_ncrpahelmet.esp / Boacombat2glove.esp / Tutorial-Killer-Merged.esp / FNV RWLE - NVBIII Patch.esp / FNV RWLE - Russells Patch.esp -> Should I put them into Optional Plugins?

3) Also I have two Batched Patches, one being marked Unmanaged in MO in the left pane, but only one Bashed Patch, 0.esp at the end of the load order, activated. Is that correct?

4) I have optimized the Vanilla Textures according to the linked Quickstep DDSOpt Guide, but there was nowhere specified what to do with the optimized archives. Should I just install them in MO and untick the standard esps?

Thanks in advance!

1. Are you unable to click on targets or execute the selected attacks? What do you mean by the rest of VATS?
  2. Don't have my computer right now so I can't double check, but just activate all your plugings, make a bashed patch and let it disable and merge mods that can be merged into it. Then reactive the two plugins that are marked as ​nomerge (should arenovalistextures.esp and MiscItemIconsNV.esp, but you can identify them because they have a dot in their checkbox in Wrye Bash).
  3. This probably happened because you ran WB outside of MO once. Just delete the bashed patch in the you "Fallout New Vegas/Data" folder.
  4. Don't disable the plugins, they don't have anything to do with the textures (beyond putting stuff into the game that uses said textures). By optimized archives I assume you mean the archives you made after having optimized the textures? If so, install them in MO and sort them after their unmanaged counterparts.

Hey wattado and everybody. I'm at the last part of the guide. Going to do the FNVLODGen proceedure, next.

Lots of hours spent :P. I tell myself please don't "#¤%& it up now.

I got an i5 3570k with  8 gb ram,  gtx 660 ti w/ 2 gb vram and I got some small stutters also. FPS is at around 60-50 but with some drops here and there.  The GPU is working at 99 % with all this mods and ENB boosters. I got plenty of free vram to spare. (using about 1,3gb of the 2 gb available)

Havent had a single CTD to desktop yet in the testing, but it's only been around Goodspring.

My questions this time is:

1. Will the FNVLODGen proceedure make a big impact on my performance?

2. What happens if i don't Generate  Bash Tags step next?

3. What happens if i don't do the Bash Patch?

4. The hands of my male characters are low resolution and ugly. Is this common? 

5. Does anyone know of an understandbale way to incorporate AWOP into this whole shebang? ( i am aware of the 

Testing A World of Pain with Fear and Loathing thread but i couldnt figure out the conclusion.) Edited by nexuspolaris

1. I'm not sure but I don't think FNVLODGen has a very high performance impact. It only makes sure objects added by mods (buildings etc) also have LOD versions that you can see from far away, like corresponding vanilla objects.
  2. A lot of mods will have their changes overwritten by other mods. I know it's boring, but I can't really say it's okay to skip it, as you'll miss out on a lot of stuff for several mods. When I did this I used Windows' split screen feature (drag a window to the edge of your screen to make it use half the space) to watch some TV on the right half while having MO and FNVEdit on the left half.
  3. Every record that is changed by several mods (this can be everything from NPCs to an interior cell) will only have the changes made by the last mod to edit them.​ The Bashed Patch is essential to making the guide work as intended.
  4. No. I have this issue as well after reinstalling the whole guide earlier this week (Windows decided now was a good time to die) and I have no idea why. If anyone could offer some insight on it that would be very helpful. I can't look much into it myself until Sunday because I'm currently away from my main computer. Maybe you can upload a screenshot (use the tlc 1 command to use a flying camera while pausing the game) too, since I'm unable to for the time being.
  5. Sorry, never looked into AWOP. Perhaps Ess could be of more assistance.

I'll add to what Mono said.

3. Essential at this point the because FNV can only have 135 plugins before it becomes unstable. Bashing reduces this number because it can merge plugins into itself. You see all the green plugins when you start Wrye Flash. Those are mergeable.

4. Not sure. It may be solved after you bash your mods with proper tags.

5. Never used it myself. That thread is best source of info for it.

EDIT: I should also add that you will never get 60 FPS across the board with FNV because of how poorly the game is optimized. The Strip and Freeside are the worse areas for this, but usually the rest of the game is okay. You have a a decent card, so you should expect any interior area to have great performance, but some outdoor areas may lag a bit. Some areas of the content mods aren't optimized all that well either. Beyond Boulder Dome had a few areas that hit my FPS pretty hard.

1. Are you unable to click on targets or execute the selected attacks? What do you mean by the rest of VATS?
  2. Don't have my computer right now so I can't double check, but just activate all your plugings, make a bashed patch and let it disable and merge mods that can be merged into it. Then reactive the two plugins that are marked as ​nomerge (should arenovalistextures.esp and MiscItemIconsNV.esp, but you can identify them because they have a dot in their checkbox in Wrye Bash).
  3. This probably happened because you ran WB outside of MO once. Just delete the bashed patch in the you "Fallout New Vegas/Data" folder.
  4. Don't disable the plugins, they don't have anything to do with the textures (beyond putting stuff into the game that uses said textures). By optimized archives I assume you mean the archives you made after having optimized the textures? If so, install them in MO and sort them after their unmanaged counterparts.

Hey MonoAccipiter, thank you very much for answering and explaining. I redid the Bashed Patch and while there were some strange occurences (sometimes there is a "+" in front of mods in Wrye Flash, but I figured that this means it's a mergeable/merged mod, sometimes plugins are highlighted red instead of green?) it seems to work now!

However, I am still not finished asking for help here...

1) Whenever I open up the Esc-menu I get the following message: "DarNified UI has been detected in the HUD but not the start Menu. You will need to repair DarNified UI or remove it completely for MCM to appear correctly." Some googling quickly brought an answer, switching the load order, but I remembered that in the guide it says

• Note: You will be changing the load order of this mod [DarNified] further down in this section (the location is marked in the guide).

I cannot recall I ever did that, but I also can't seem to find the corresponding tutorial within the guide. Could anyone please point me to it?

2) The plugins with the "+" in Wrye Flash are unticked in the MO Plugins tab as well. Is the Bashed-Patch taking care of these or should I tick them manually?

3) I have little but annoying micro-stutter issues, however I haven't looked into .ini-settings and further texture optimization tonight. Will do that tomorrow, maybe the Stutter Remover isn't even loading because of the "+"-thingy.

Edited by whattado

The step to move DarnUI doesn't seem to be needed anymore with the merging of most of the UI mods and the use of UIO, disregard the point about moving it.

With that said, DarnUI should be positioned just after the Weapon Mod Menu and before OneHUD, Flashlight & UIO in the left-hand pane. The plugin should be near the top of the ESPs, just after all the ESMs, best positioned after the Cut Content merge.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61045/? 

Someone added the dynamic backpack penalties from PN to Spice of Life.

I am really close to the plugin limit with my current testing profile. I'm going to have to add more merges, or make the current merges include more mods, or drop a bunch of mods. I'm think DEIMOS and Flashlight NVSE. Love the latter, but it's buggy. I'm thinking of merging all the gameplay mods that aren't in the Yuki section except for Faction Armor Usage Enhancement (is a master for another plugin) and More Perks (has a merged ESM). That would really scale down the plugin number and give me some space to incorporate the armor sub page, new quests, and a few other mods.

Oh my laptop fan started making some weird noise yesterday. Don't know if it's crapping out, but I may be limited in my testing.

1. Will the FNVLODGen proceedure make a big impact on my performance?

Actually LOD generated by FNVLODGen is more performant and demands less memory compared to vanilla one because it removes unseen mesh parts hidden under landscape LOD (GECK doesn't do that).

Edited by zilav