Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Here's a mod that I think should have been in the game proper, the option to save Cass in the Birds of a Feather quest. The way it is now you can only use Terrifying Presence to shake the guy off, the only way to get rid of the quest is to kill the guys in the Silver Rush or I assume use the console.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36023/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fnewvegas%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D36023%26preview%3D&pUp=1

I would like to  message a small bug i found  with Willow .

Using the mods  FCO AND  nvr3  in the  guide as it is now , i discovered  that  willow had 2 eyeballs in each eye socket , wich looked just as nightmarish as you think it is :p

However ,the fix is pretty simple :  put   NVR3 above  FCO in the left pane .

I would like to  message a small bug i found  with Willow .

Using the mods  FCO AND  nvr3  in the  guide as it is now , i discovered  that  willow had 2 eyeballs in each eye socket , wich looked just as nightmarish as you think it is :p

However ,the fix is pretty simple :  put   NVR3 above  FCO in the left pane .

That's what I did too to fix this.  I wonder how FCO v3 will change things.

Thanks very much for the comprehensive guide. I hope it will keep getting updated and improved even with the imminent release of FO4!!

After having played an hour or so with a F+L setup, I am pretty keen to minimise a lot of the "faff" which for me personally interferes with the game - of course this is a subjective view. I think a good way for me to start would be to remove Calibre (I just do not in any way need 100s of different ammo types in my game), and to play without "needs". So my questions are:

- what, if any, are the knock-on effects I need to consider if I remove Calibre?

- can I start a new game without hardcore mode to completely bypass need to drink, eat, etc. Or is it better to just set the appropriate variables to 0 in the relevant MCM menu? (I forget which mod allows this)

I also have an unrelated question: I find the rifle animations when walking/running in 1st person incredibly annoying - which mod do I need to remove/change to fix this?

- can I start a new game without hardcore mode to completely bypass need to drink, eat, etc. Or is it better to just set the appropriate variables to 0 in the relevant MCM menu? (I forget which mod allows this)

Hardcore mode is a vanilla feature, you can disable and enable it anytime from the normal Gameplay Options but note that you won't get the Hardcore achievement if you enabled it in Doc Mitchell's house and disabled it anytime in the future.

I also have an unrelated question: I find the rifle animations when walking/running in 1st person incredibly annoying - which mod do I need to remove/change to fix this?

It's New Vegas - Enhanced Camera.

I don't think anything should be removed, you can just not install anything you don't like (e.g. I didn't install additional quest because it's my first NV playthrough)

Edited by Hackerpcs

Perhaps after FCO v3 comes out there will be resolution to the conflict issues.  We'll have to wait and see.

If I was to guess, I'd say that FCO 3 and NVR 3 won't be compatible. Didn't the author of FCO have a falling out with the NVR creator regarding permissions or something similar?

Perhaps after FCO v3 comes out there will be resolution to the conflict issues.  We'll have to wait and see.

Could be, but from what I understand NVR3 is built upon FCO with some adjustments.

Hardcore mode is a vanilla feature, you can disable and enable it anytime from the normal Gameplay Options but note that you won't get the Hardcore achievement if you enabled it in Doc Mitchell's house and disabled it anytime in the future. It's New Vegas - Enhanced Camera.I don't think anything should be removed, you can just not install anything you don't like (e.g. I didn't install additional quest because it's my first NV playthrough)

No, it's not camera. It's weapon animations mod. I personally find it very low quality and prefer animations from the Animation Resourses www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57561/?

NVR3 and FCO 2.0 are not compatible aside from the most loose of definitions. If you use the two together regardless of how many edits you delete you will have issues. This is the nature of using two large mods of the same type. They claim that they are compatible but because they were never intended to be used together and no patch was made, they just aren't. Now this may change with FCO 3.0 however I doubt it. 

NVR3 and FCO 2.0 are not compatible aside from the most loose of definitions. If you use the two together regardless of how many edits you delete you will have issues. This is the nature of using two large mods of the same type. They claim that they are compatible but because they were never intended to be used together and no patch was made, they just aren't. Now this may change with FCO 3.0 however I doubt it. 

What kind of issues do you encounter? And are you using the latest versions?

Edited by Jax765

From NVR3 description-It is STRONGLY recommended to disable any and all .esp files with the words "FCO" in them. Details of this are provided in the sticky and here:

Click here for an explanation why I recommend disabling FCO masters and FCO esps with this mod

2. This currently only works with the LATEST version of FCO. Other versions cause missing meshes.