Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I've been wanting to use the Generate Bash Tags script, but actually getting it from GitHub is going to be a chore for most users. That script would really help out with a lot of problems since it adds the tags to the plugin header so Bash reads it automatically. For TRTBA and Spice of Life you can try it, by running the script on both plugins then sort TRTBA before Spice of Life before bashing again and most issues with naked caravan guards and others should be fixed. Spice of Life is missing a couple tags. The only problom with the generate tag script is that it doesn't do Deflst which is needed for a few mods, so that still has to be done manually.

You can get the script here: https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1517172-xedit-generate-bash-tags-for-fo3-fnv-tes4-and-tes5/

It should work for every game. Ignore some of the new Cell tags because they are for the beta Wrye version. 

That's one area I am not very familiar with - what the different bash tags do and how to use them.  I know how to resolve conflicts and create patches in xEdit, but I never learned much about bash tagging.  I won't be much help with that sort of thing.  GalenZ - he seems to know quite a bit about that sort of thing... Too bad he hasn't been active for a month.  There's got to be someone else around here competent and willing.

EDIT: Sounds like even running a script that creates appropriate tags would still not fix all the issues with TRTBA though.  Wouldn't it just prevent duplicate equipment sets, but not prevent powerful equipment from showing up too early on?

EDIT2:

As for replacing the RWL mod with RWLE, I personally don't see an issue in it (it isn't actually part of the main guide, but on the weather mods page that EssArrBee has been working on), but it might be wise to wait until EssArrBee is ready to link the weather/lighting mod page to the main guide before messing around there. The other thing is you'd also need to make sure the mod is compatible with all the other mods, and has compatibility patches, and those compatibility patches then can't blow out the mod limit. Unfortunately it often isn't as simple as "install this mod instead of this mod".

I'm about to finish putting together my load order with IMPACT included, I'll let you know how I go when I get it finished. I should know in a few days, when I get a chance to a) finish the load order and b) get some time to play. EssArrBee has said that he's used it a bit with the F&LNV guide and it worked fine, and I trust him.

I'll make a point to stick it in my load order ASAP. Thanks for checking that out! I haven't had a chance to do so as yet, between work, sleep and family stuff.

RWLE comes with a number of optionals files, just like RWL.

Cool - let us know how IMPACT works out (and the transparency textures mod).  Don't forget EssArrBee's patch.  I think I provided the link in a quote not long ago.

That's one area I am not very familiar with - what the different bash tags do and how to use them.  I know how to resolve conflicts and create patches in xEdit, but I never learned much about bash tagging.  I won't be much help with that sort of thing.  GalenZ - he seems to know quite a bit about that sort of thing... Too bad he hasn't been active for a month.  There's got to be someone else around here competent and willing.

EDIT: Sounds like even running a script that creates appropriate tags would still not fix all the issues with TRTBA though.  Wouldn't it just prevent duplicate equipment sets, but not prevent powerful equipment from showing up too early on?

EDIT2:

RWLE comes with a number of optionals files, just like RWL.

Cool - let us know how IMPACT works out (and the transparency textures mod).  Don't forget EssArrBee's patch.  I think I provided the link in a quote not long ago.

Transparency Textures mod? Did I miss something? I have EssArrBee's patch, not entirely sure where exactly to put it in the load order, but I'm sure I can work it out (unless EssArrBee is able to provide some enlightenment to save some time).

Transparency Textures mod? Did I miss something? I have EssArrBee's patch, not entirely sure where exactly to put it in the load order, but I'm sure I can work it out (unless EssArrBee is able to provide some enlightenment to save some time).

I was referring to the "Thin HUD - JIP Companions Command and Control" mod that GrantSP told us about, but I just got lazy with my description of it.

BTW - I modified the guide with some information gleaned a while back about two things.  A way to solve the Crossbow mod framerate issue that's been talked about so many times.  Lonewolf provided a solution to it back on July 2.  I also modified the mod note for the Nuka-Cola mod to mention how it can also cause framerate issues.  This is a well-known issue, both in this forum and also on the Nexus mod forum.  As I don't currently know a solution to it, I proposed to the guide reader to just remove the mod after an easy test if the FPS drop.

EDIT: In both cases, neither mod are worth using with the FPS issues.  Many people get FPS drops at least as bad as -20 from either mod.  That's just intolerable.

BTW - I modified the guide with some information gleaned a while back about two things.  A way to solve the Crossbow mod framerate issue that's been talked about so many times.  Lonewolf provided a solution to it back on July 2. 

Firstly, working through my first F&LNV install so thanks everyone (particularly EssArrBee) for the guide and input.

oqhansologo, re your update for the crossbow framerate issue I noticed after removing "DasContainer" that there is now a FormID error under "06008A60 - CrossbowForms" that states "[07000AF2] < Error: Could not be resolved >" . Further down in the merging guide it's advised that similar errors should be deleted - I'm guessing that this should also be the case for the CrossbowForms error? (apologies if it's already been mentioned somewhere but I couldn't see it).

Cheers :)

Edited by drav666
  • +1 1

I never got that when I did it.  I don't see that error in my own now either.  I've seen the errors from the other weapons being merged that you are referring to, but I never had to delete lines in the FormID List relating to the crossbow mods.  I figured maybe it was because I was deleting a subrecord that didn't cause the same kind of error as the deletions of records in the other weapons mods.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hmm, it may not specifically be related to removal of DasContainer, however I only noticed it because I ran a check for errors after making the change - it may very well have been there beforehand. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else had this issue?

For whatever reason, MO won't load up the game while I have the New Bison Steve.esm mod activated. esp version, or both at the same, none of them let the game load while they were ticked. Haven't found anyone else experiencing the same issue with Google, so I'm a bit at a loss.

Are there any actual issues between Enhanced Camera and WAR? I set it up as the guide said but I found the animations the "patch" adds to be, well, less than ideal (it ends up "hiding" my guns when I reload and I really dislike that). Can EC and WAR be used without it?

Are there any actual issues between Enhanced Camera and WAR? I set it up as the guide said but I found the animations the "patch" adds to be, well, less than ideal (it ends up "hiding" my guns when I reload and I really dislike that). Can EC and WAR be used without it?

What do you mean by "hiding"? Because I have no problems when I reload any gun, I can see the full animation play out.

The JIP CCC ThinUI mod is a piece of cake to install, nothing special about it. Just place somewhere after the JIP CCC mod, it only replaces a handful of the UI element textures in the JIP CCC bsa.

Yup. Looks a lot sleeker than the normal UI too.

What do you mean by "hiding"? Because I have no problems when I reload any gun, I can see the full animation play out.

The gun "drops" well below my line of sight. I have to look straight down to be able to see the reload animation.