Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I just installed the latest MO update which is supposed to add the Legacy Script Support, but it isn't working for me with PN - EO and FlashlightNVSE. PN worked fine though. 

Did you check that the setting wasn't changed back to use the internal installer? After making sure the setting was using the external installer, I could get the mod to install correctly.

Did you check that the setting wasn't changed back to use the internal installer? After making sure the setting was using the external installer, I could get the mod to install correctly.

That didn't work for me. I don't even think that Project Nevada is installing the DarnUI files correctly. I got MCM to see NVSE, PN to see MCM, and flashlightNVSE to see NVSE, but not any other files.

hmm... very strange. I used the external installer and after a wait the fomod installed the mod. I named it differently and then checked both those mods, the one I had previously which showed all the elements, and this new one with WinMerge. All the files were there and the menu files were identical. Although I haven't checked the Flashlight mod, was it only that mod that didn't get installed correctly?

hmm... very strange. I used the external installer and after a wait the fomod installed the mod. I named it differently and then checked both those mods, the one I had previously which showed all the elements, and this new one with WinMerge. All the files were there and the menu files were identical. Although I haven't checked the Flashlight mod, was it only that mod that didn't get installed correctly?

PN didn't detect DarnUI, but did detect MCM. FlashlightNVSE detected NVSE, but not MCM. PN - EO did not detect PN.

This very strange, I'm getting different results to you with these New Vegas mods and also different to Kelmych with the Fallout 3 mods.

Apart from the Flashlight not working with me also (same thing as you, it doesn't detect the MCM), all the PN mods install in the same manner as they do with FOMM for me.

We really need to find a coder that can unpick the FOMM code and write a plugin to handle these things in exactly the same way. 

I think the guy that made the Legacy Script Installer knows what he is looking at. He gave the code to Tannin in the first place. I think it's time to make a support ticket for this. MO is moving in the right direction for those installers, but it's just not 100% quite yet.

SRB, looks like MO has been updated with a note that it now supports the legacy scripts.  Get excited.

Also, something to consider for the guide.  It may be a good move to drop NVR3 and stick with FCO.  After A LOT of in game testing and too much googleing, it looks like it's incompatible with Type 3/5/6 body mods as well as Roberts, regardless of what optional files are available.

Could just be my install, but killing female raiders leaves black marks regardless if they're nude or not and has an impact with other body mods.  For all men and non-raider women, there are a lot of mismatches between heads and bodies regarding skin tone, (while the issue does not exist with vanilla bodies).  This is not an archive invalidation error as 100% of all other texture work, I've double checked to make sure the ini is not read only, and there are more than a few notes with in the actual mod folder stating that it's not compatible.  

While the skin issues are not a huge deal and NVR is well made, you're forced to use vanilla bodies or deal with the color mismatches when armor is stripped or with bodies that are lying around in the game.  Again, this could be just me having an issue, but I've went through those steps again and had the issue, while when using stock bodies there was no problem.

EDIT:  All that being said, I could be completely wrong and may have set something up improperly.  I'd be happy to be wrong.  (Well, partially, I'm not 100% happy with the changes that are made).

Edited by Veezy

Not happened for me. You do have that bLoadFaceGenEGTfiles set to 1?

I'm not 100% sure. I'm at work so I can't check yet, but I do know my [Archive] settings are correct in the fallout.INI. I'll check when I get home.

EDIT: Would that also be the issue with my Raider female bodies?

Edited by Veezy

Okay, so, firstly, thank you for figuring that out!  The mismatched color between head and body has been corrected!

However, the issue with female raiders remains.  The color between head and body matches, however it appears the texture used to dirty them up causes black bars around the hips and random streaks of clean skin all over the body.

Also, Willow has two irises in each eye.  The same issue occurs when trying to select the new eye colors in the character creator.  Not sure what's going on there.

edit:  It appears that I'm having an issue with the custom raider race added by FCO.  It's completely unrelated to NVR3.  I'm an idiot.  So, now I'm not sure what to do.  There doesn't seem to be a conflict, it's just not loading properly

Edited by Veezy

The eye thing is to do with FWE versus FCO eyes. If I recall correctly I hid all the FCO eyes. I'm fairly sure it's an FCO issue, not an FWE one. Reading the mod's comments suggests as such.

That or just overwrite the whole lot with an eye mod. I believe that works too.

The black bars around the hips sounds like the old archive invalidation issue. Is that checked in your profile in MO?

Edited by Nozzer66

The Project Nevada Med-X Fix is a candidate for removal, freeing up a precious plugin slot.  There's only 2 records that it touches, but in my merged patch, it seems they both deal with Actor Effects and Ignoring Crippled limbs (no Effect for Temporary Addiction Removal, from Project Nevada). 

Both fixes are merged into the Bashed Patch, but the plugin is still activated (did I mess something up?).  Considering this, could we just foward fixes, somewhwere, and disable the plugin so the slot could be used for something else?

Or, was my Bashed Patch done incorrectly and it should already be disabled?

Edited by Neuroliquidity

The eye thing is to do with FWE versus FCO eyes. If I recall correctly I hid all the FCO eyes. I'm fairly sure it's an FCO issue, not an FWE one. Reading the mod's comments suggests as such.

The black bars around the hips sounds like the old archive invalidation issue. Is that checked in your profile in MO?

Sure did.  Manually edited Archive to:

[Archive]
SInvalidationFile = 
iRetainFilenameOffsetTable = 1
iRetainFilenameStringTable = 1
iRetainDirectoryStringTable = 1
bCheckRuntimeCollisions = 0
bInvalidateOlderFiles = 1
bUseArchives = 1
SArchiveList = Fallout - ArchiveInvalidation.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa

Truly, everything seems completely fine except the female raider race from FCO and I have no idea how to fix it.