Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

From the MCM settings page:

I, for the life of me, cannot figure out why I can't untick any of those check boxes. I can only tick/untick 'Force HUD visible in MCM'. What am I doing wrong?

Make sure you have the latest version of UIO. It's v1.21, or it will not work with OneHUD, which is where Adjustable HUD is from.

Make sure you have the latest version of UIO. It's v1.21, or it will not work with OneHUD, which is where Adjustable HUD is from.

I have, same thing with the new v1.25. I think I'll have to reinstall everything, again.

Edited by rpsgc

I have, same thing with the new v1.25. I think I'll have to reinstall everything, again.

I haven't tried that version yet, maybe it has a problem. You could start by going from just reinstalling OneHUD all the way down to UIO, which is like 3 mods before trying the whole section again.

Re-installing PN Extra Options apparently did the trick.

My FOMM mods must've all had a brain fart.

EDIT:

I deleted everything and I'm installing everything from scratch to make sure I have everything correctly installed and set-up. I stopped at the end of the first half of the UI section and ran the game, as the guide suggests. I tried to untick those options in aHUD and I couldn't.

So far the behaviour has been pretty consistent; disabling Project Nevada fixes the issue.

Edited by rpsgc

Re-installing PN Extra Options apparently did the trick.

My FOMM mods must've all had a brain fart.

EDIT:

I deleted everything and I'm installing everything from scratch to make sure I have everything correctly installed and set-up. I stopped at the end of the first half of the UI section and ran the game, as the guide suggests. I tried to untick those options in aHUD and I couldn't.

So far the behaviour has been pretty consistent; disabling Project Nevada fixes the issue.

If you reinstall Prject Nevada or PN - EO, you need to reinstall MCM and really anything that falls after those mods because FOMM overwrites files in the VFS since it is run from the executable dropdown.

Is there any point in using ENBoost with the 4GB loader? For some reason, using the latter results in the former not working properly.

I'd been using NVSE_Loader for a while with ENBoost, and after a certain amount of time during gameplay, the performance would degrade pretty badly (60fps to 40-45 even in lighter areas), and I'd get stuff like black skin and weapon textures (incidentally, if I ran the exe without ENBoost, I'd almost immediately get texture glitches, before a crash with an "out of memory" warning), which would be resolved by restarting the game, but then would happen again.

Now I've started just using the 4GB loader, and performance is around the same, but the degradation in framerate has yet to happen, at least to a significant degree. In fact, switching to the 4GB loader solved an issue I was having where the game would crash when I tried to leave Caesar's tent after slaughtering everyone and saving Benny.

Edited by Jax765

Is there any point in using ENBoost with the 4GB loader? For some reason, using the latter results in the former not working properly.

I'd been using NVSE_Loader for a while with ENBoost, and after a certain amount of time during gameplay, the performance would degrade pretty badly (60fps to 40-45 even in lighter areas), and I'd get stuff like black skin and weapon textures (incidentally, if I ran the exe without ENBoost, I'd almost immediately get texture glitches, before a crash with an "out of memory" warning), which would be resolved by restarting the game, but then would happen again.

Now I've started just using the 4GB loader, and performance is around the same, but the degradation in framerate has yet to happen, at least to a significant degree. In fact, switching to the 4GB loader solved an issue I was having where the game would crash when I tried to leave Caesar's tent after slaughtering everyone and saving Benny.

ENBoost is hit or miss. It works great for some and terrible for others. I put a note for people to try it because if it works for you then it works quite well. 4gh loader removes many of the of the out of memory crashes but not all of them.

In regards to 4GB causing ENB to not function (properly or at all).  I just added -laaexe .\FalloutNV4GB.exe to the arguments window for 4GB Loader in MO instead of your instructions.  The Nexus page for 4GB loader says these are necessary for functioning with ENB or Sweetfx. ENB has worked perfectly ever since.

Neither that or the instructions on the wiki make ENBoost work with the 4GB loader. Related, do any of you guys have an issue with Mod Organizer where you can't re-organize the list of executables without it being reset? I'd like to put the launcher and default exe at the bottom of the list, and put the 4GB loader at the top, but that keeps getting changed by the program.

... Related, do any of you guys have an issue with Mod Organizer where you can't re-organize the list of executables without it being reset? I'd like to put the launcher and default exe at the bottom of the list, and put the 4GB loader at the top, but that keeps getting changed by the program.

Yeah that is a bit of a pain but apparently that can't be changed.

Neither that or the instructions on the wiki make ENBoost work with the 4GB loader. Related, do any of you guys have an issue with Mod Organizer where you can't re-organize the list of executables without it being reset? I'd like to put the launcher and default exe at the bottom of the list, and put the 4GB loader at the top, but that keeps getting changed by the program.

As long as it is below the auto detected stuff it should stay where you place it.

• New Page with recommendations about MCM settings to help people that want to make the game to my specifications.
    • My idea is that any user can make their own page if and I will link to it from the guide so others can see each other's settings and get new ideas for gameplay.
    • Best solution would be to create a form that allows you to input all the settings and then generates the new page for you and adds the link on it's own, but I don't know how to do that.

Is that something that you REALLY want or is it something that you would like but don't really care?

Creating and maintaining something like that will take some time.

When I was taking a look a SMW I kind of wanted to put together something that would be used and this may be it... 

BUT for the size it seems like it would take while to get right.

How about answer the first question and then I'll look into it again and then discuss something like this with you and s4n.

The first question being is this even possible...

I dont know, it may prove too difficult overall.