A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

I just double checked and found the autosave options are back on. Does Skyrim re-enable these options by itself?

Should it? No.

Could it? Yes.

Why? IDK.

when you have a few random objects floating around it can mean that you uninstalled a mod that decided it wanted to make some object actually save in the save itself (yo, dog).

So, they can remain in the world without the mod being enabled.

Edited by hishutup

Some great news for fans of Inns & Taverns. Mena is back on line and has said "I am happy for REGS (or anyone else) to alter my file to make it compatible with the others you mention [CRF and ETaC]". The full conversation is on the I&T page.

So we just need to remove Shor's Stone and Stonehills and should be good to go :)

Hi CJ, I also saw that you have removed JK's Whiterun Outskirts due to clipping with ETaC-Whiterun.Does this mean we can use the full version of Better City Entrances or keep the one without Whiterun as guide indicates? Thanks!  ::):

You can use the full version of BCE indeed, I just haven't put it back on the list because JK's whiterun outskirts are likely to come back.

By the way, I want to opt out of Realistic Room Rental - Enhanced. I think ETaC did a better job with inns, and I don't need the extended functionality RRR offers. Would I have any problems with an otherwise REGS-compliant setup?

You can use ETaC inns without any problem if you disable RRR - Enhanced.

How come you don't use the Better Series - All in one? Also, have checked iWilliBlecha's?

Better Series - AIO is not compatible with many of the mods in the guide (Pit fighters, Bethesda DLC, Wyrmstooth and Interesting NPCs to name a few)

Some great news for fans of Inns & Taverns. Mena is back on line and has said "I am happy for REGS (or anyone else) to alter my file to make it compatible with the others you mention [CRF and ETaC]". The full conversation is on the I&T page.So we just need to remove Shor's Stone and Stonehills and should be good to go :)

Good to know, I'll do it when I got some free time.
  • +1 1

The list for Expanded Towns and Cities Patches has these instructions:

Better Fast TravelCutting Room Floor (Complete + Whiterun)Expanded Winterhold RuinsLanterns of Skyrim (Complete + Whiterun)No Snow under the RoofOblivion Realm Serie

For Oblivion Realms Serie, should this be Complete or Complete w/o Inns?

The list for Expanded Towns and Cities Patches has these instructions:

Better Fast TravelCutting Room Floor (Complete + Whiterun)Expanded Winterhold RuinsLanterns of Skyrim (Complete + Whiterun)No Snow under the RoofOblivion Realm Serie

For Oblivion Realms Serie, should this be Complete or Complete w/o Inns?

Since the guide is using the Complete without inns version of ETaC, you should always pick the Complete without inns option for the patches as well.

Since the guide is using the Complete without inns version of ETaC, you should always pick the Complete without inns option for the patches as well.

Thanks, CJ. I just finished updating all the mods to STEP Extended and REGS 4.0.3 and started fresh with a new character. So far everything is looking good.

You can use the full version of BCE indeed, I just haven't put it back on the list because JK's whiterun outskirts are likely to come back.

JK's Whiterun Outskirts and BCE Whiterun are almost compatible. There is just some clipping with carts under the shelter (opposite the main gate and down the hill). It's easily missed. Although I haven't tested in game yet I think that ETaC Whiterun, JK WO and BCE could all be compatible. It would be interesting to see if anyone has tried.

Ummm...whoa... Skyrim Radioactive HD

Also, did anyone else get a chance to check out Ewi's Whiterun before he had his melt down?  That and his caves are really, really good but, seriously, think what you will of the guy his Whiterun retex is absolutely stunning.  With JK it blows my mind.  The amount of detail he put in it isn't like any other city.  Of course, you can't get it now but if it comes back up or shows up on another site I highly recommend checking it out.

The nexus is super ban happy because they're large now and have to abide to the law.

This is one of many cases that mod authors have given up with the nexus and moved on to their own site.

I won't say he had a melt down but how does someone even catch something like the... Well start logging the mod authors sites here because I am sure more will leave...

Aceeq was another that left. I can't remember any others

I always thought that he caught a lot of grief for his inis, despite the fact that they were by far the best guidance you could get about inis for the longest time, but this isn't the first time he's just up and deleted his files abruptly.  The nexus can certainly be ridiculous with its rules but it seems really iffy to me when someone is accused of using somebody else's work, basically plagiarism, and they just up and delete their stuff instead of apologizing and dealing with it ("melt down" is a bit of an exaggeration, sure, but deleting everything seems like a huge overreaction and a more dramatic than necessary).  His ban was just that he couldn't upload for 14 days, not even that harsh of a punishment, so, regardless of what the real story may or may not be it sure doesn't make him look very good.  It's too bad, regardless, because he was really starting to release some of the best retextures with a very distinct, dark feel to them.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the post again (a Whiterun retex did seem appropriate to post here, in my defense) so, um, here, watch this and be happy:  COPS: Skyrim