A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

CJ, don't you want to add the exterior part of JK Whiterun to REGS?

Planning to do it when I can get to test the performance in that area with both mods installed.

Better docks and better entrance have been merged into better serie-all in one : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58563/? And same question as Dragonborn.

That version would conflict with Interesting NPCs' additions to the Solitude Docks so we'll be sticking with the standalone versions of the 2 mods.

CJ, is it still necessary to ESMify the masters before merging the ETaC patches?

You only need to ESMify the masters if you plan on opening the patch in the CK.

You only need to ESMify the masters if you plan on opening the patch in the CK.

I remember quite awhile back I ran into merging troubles with merging patches using the TES5 merge script. 

I do not know anything about the new version 1.7 but in 1.65 if you have renumber on it would renumber the patches and the masters at the sometime (like it should)

After Tes5 did that it would merge the renumbered patch and then only the Merged Patches plugin would be saved.

This would cause the patches to have broken references.

Making a plugin master esmified helped fix this. I'll take a closer look another day. Since, it became a habit

I think I explained this correctly but I may have made a mistake. Correct me if I am wrong though.

I mentioned this because it was something that should be noted when merging plugins since its kind of a trap if you don't know it.

Edited by hishutup

Skyrim Better Roads?

It's the only one its kind that I actually like (as opposed to e.g. Skyrim Bridges etc.).

Interesting mod, I didn't check it out before since I thought it was implemented like Skyrim Bridges... I'll have to test it a bit, but the description page seems to say that it's compatible with almost everything, which is nice for a change.

I remember quite awhile back I ran into merging troubles with merging patches using the TES5 merge script. 

I do not know anything about the new version 1.7 but in 1.65 if you have renumber on it would renumber the patches and the masters at the sometime (like it should)

After Tes5 did that it would merge the renumbered patch and then only the Merged Patches plugin would be saved.

This would cause the patches to have broken references.

Making a plugin master esmified helped fix this. I'll take a closer look another day. Since, it became a habit

I think I explained this correctly but I may have made a mistake. Correct me if I am wrong though.

I mentioned this because it was something that should be noted when merging plugins since its kind of a trap if you don't know it.

That idea came out of missjennabees ETaC plugin merging forum thread (hope I got that URL correct!)

However, despite what she says, if you are just merging patches, ESMifying their masters is totally unnecessary.

This is because by their nature, the patches are almost entirely made of FormIDs originating from other plugins (ie. their masters.)

If the patches were built correctly, with the correct masters in their headers, those FormIDs won't be renumbered regardless of the setting in Mator's script GUI.

Any unique form IDs in the patches - in other words new records that the patch plugin adds - will be affected by the merge scripts FormID Renumbering option.

Best practice is to allow the script to re-number those FormIDs unique to the patches because they may cross into range of IDs of one of the masters of the plugins.

The last and most important thing to remember is that all of the patches you plan to merge must be contiguous in the load order. In other words, none of their masters or even other plugins not being merged can be between two of the patches to be merged. That information comes direct from Mator, and is restated all over the place in his documentation, including Mator's brand new video on v1.7 of the script.

I myself have merged all kinds of sets of compatibility patches (REGS and ETaC inclusive) and have never had a problem following what I've just stated.

• +1 1

Interesting mod, I didn't check it out before since I thought it was implemented like Skyrim Bridges... I'll have to test it a bit, but the description page seems to say that it's compatible with almost everything, which is nice for a change.

Yep I've used it with REGS/ETaC 13 and there are no issues with it.