Detailed Terrain & Tree LOD - aka: Illuminated Tree Lod (by Rennn)

ivactheseeker

Not sure if this should be considered a fix (something rather essential missing from the game) or a texture/graphics (optional eye candy) candidate.

I am calling it a candidate as long as TC agrees that it adds and does not detract from Baseline STEP.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The best look is the aspen compare and it looks great. The rest' date=' I feel as though the pines are a little too dark green to really match SFO.[/quote']

Agree, but the third image compare is with SFO,a nd I think the foreground trees match the LODs pretty well. In the second compares (DTTL behind vanilla), agree that DTTL is too dark. I did apply/remove the respective SFO patch for DTTL where applicable.

I'll be adding pure SFO LODs as a final comparison.

OP gallery updated with the SFO LODs (4th compare in each set).

Color-wise, SFO LODs work best in all cases but the aspen (DTTL is spot on there). Although, the snowy pine SFO LODs are still lacking the correct 'whiteness'

Shape-wise, I like DTTL in all cases best.

... if we could just get the SFO tint onto the DTTL textures ....

I have PM's to both authors asking them to comment on or correct these nits (I am inclined to stick with SFO for Core if nothing else changes ... but use DTTL noise map only).

• 4 weeks later...