Skyrim Memory patch 3.0

Aiyen

By the way, to see what the actual allocations are for the two block sizes, go no further than the fifth line in .log file from sheson's Memory Block Log:

logging of blocks enabled
logging max values only
Timer disabled
Block1 Block2
256MB 256MB    <-- Your block allocations right here
85 8
85 8
85 9
85 10
If it's not what you expected to see, then you've very likely not set things up right (as Domiel discovered.)

• 1 month later...

I decided to downgrade SKSE to the stable release, and since I never used the memory patch in its standalone version, I am not sure what to do.

If I download the patched version of the dll from first post, do I edit the skse.ini or not? If yes, what should I put there? I can't see it in the post.

It's not a memory '"reduction" feature...

@ Octopuss:

SKSE.ini settings for sks 1.7.0 alpha:

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768

ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

SKSE.ini settings for 1.6.16 + DLL from OP:

[Memory]

Enable=1

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=512

ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

If you use SSME then you dont need to include any of these seetings in SKSE.ini.

Edited by Nearox
  • +1 1

It's not a memory '"reduction" feature...@ Octopuss:SKSE.ini settings for sks 1.7.0 alpha:[Memory]DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768ScrapHeapSizeMB=256SKSE.ini settings for 1.6.16 + DLL from OP:[Memory]Enable=1DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=512ScrapHeapSizeMB=256If you use SSME then you dont need to include any of these seetings in SKSE.ini.

Shouldn't the OP be updated with this info?

• +1 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Wise Ones!

Please indulge a foolish question. I've read until my eyes bleed (and even almost understand parts of it!), so rather than beg for further explanations of compiled .dll's, modified .ini files, and alpha versions of whatsits and whosits, I'll just ask what I really want to know:

If I carefully follow the instructions in either STEP 2.2.8 or Skyrim Revisited LE, I'll end up with the memory patch described within this very forum in place and active. The Skyrim Revisited LE sets it up for use with an active ENB, STEP without one. My specific setup may require some minor tweaking (primarily with the amount or RAM allocated), but it'll be there and functioning.

Do I have this fundamentally correct?

Fundamentally yes. There is even data that supports saying 512 256 is all you will need at the moment and in the forseeable future.

You could probably save a few mb in ram usage by lowering the block a little. But the margain is so low compared to total memory usage that it's not worth testing. 512 256 is well tested, I'd go with those values.

Anyone know when the heck SKSE 1.7 will be out of Alpha?!?

Well 1.7 is still incompatible with ENBoost for some users.

Spock, on 21 Apr 2014 - 1:12 PM, said:

Fundamentally yes. There is even data that supports saying 512 256 is all you will need at the moment and in the forseeable future.

You could probably save a few mb in ram usage by lowering the block a little. But the margain is so low compared to total memory usage that it's not worth testing. 512 256 is well tested, I'd go with those values.

Well 1.7 is still incompatible with ENBoost for some users.

Yes, I played just fine with 384/256 on a heavily modded Skyrim but as you said it's a negligible gain to "save" 128MB in the scheme of things; plus with the additional risk of later on in a game exceeding that block allocation. Of course Sheson's Memory Block Log is very useful in determining the parameters for allocation usage but I suspect that most people aren't thoroughly correctly gauging the results either by not running it long enough or as a true stress test.

• 1 month later...

It seems no matter what I do I can't get the memory block sizes to change. I tried the skse1.7.0 method checked Memoryblock.llog it says 256. I tried reverting to 1.6.16 and using the patch in the OP and no change. I'm at my wits end. If anyone has any advice please feel free to share it TIA. :confused:

EDIT: NVM I figured it out! In a last ditch effort I removed the skse ini tweaks and replaced the patched skse_steam_loader with the original 1.6.16 version, then intalled SSME and that worked. I ran around for awhile killed a dragon some necromancers and their skeleton friends, then it froze. I think it might be due to SafetyLoad even though I have it set to only run during loading screens. I have very few scripted mods so I'm going to test without SafetyLoad. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Vulgar1