Enhanced Blood Textures (by dDefinder)

frihyland

I have not done a direct compare of these (haven't even seen CT in action yet... busy building BCFs for EVERY STEP mod), but could somebody elaborate on the main diffs for some context on the pros for the updated EBT?

I only tried CT very very briefly before going back to EBT, mainly because the CT blood felt a bit "unrealistic", the color and the size of bloodpools etc. That was a long time ago though so no idea if CT is better nowadays, as I'm happy with EBT anyways.

I tried it back in march when they were really going head to head, at that point each had some points that where better than the other. Sadly the competition ended abruptly when crimson tide stopped being updated 2 months ago. Enhanced blood has quite surpassed it in every way now.

• 1 month later...

Enhanced Blood Textures was recently updated too (7/10/12) whereas Crimson Tide was lasted updated 3/17/12. (and there's a few reports of CT script errors in the comments.)

I'd vote to replace CT with EBT, and move Blurry Screen Blood up to right after it since it makes sense to have them grouped one after another.

Edit: also, I don't believe we'd need B3 - Better Decapitation Gore Texture (BeyondTom New Decap Gore) since it already includes pretty good decapitation textures.

• 2 weeks later...

So, Crimson Tide has finally been updated since 4 months ago. Time for someone to flex those testing muscles.

v2.2

-updated scripts from changes by pauderek's "simple blood mod" with some tweaks to allow for more bloody spurts and pools with less errors!

v2.0

-All new mechanic and modified scripts

-doesn't interfere with perk mod,

-new blood pooling effect after death

and sprays for mid-combat hits

-Also new textures for Dragur, Insect, and Oily machine blood

-re-done screen blood

-bleeding effects now have a chance to occur without killmoves

-new gradient type blood pools, with more depth and varying degrees of red - like real blood. Try holding a torch up next to a pool and you'll see alot of color depth.

From the updates since July 26.

The blood pooling effects look pretty nice during big battles with dead bodies laying everywhere, it just needs to be a tiny bit slower. I really like when there are multiple mods available of high quality that cover the same area.

I'll do more "technical" testing over the next week (along with a couple dozen other texture mods that may be STEP-worthy), but I butchered Riften with both and I still like the overall effect of EBT, can't put my finger on why just yet though.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that EBT needs to get serious consideration for the next STEP, Crimson Tide Blood v2.2 has some issues. CTB has many reports that it is causing CTDs and it can't be removed from saves.

I've seen a ton of these two lines in my papyrus logs after uninstall:

warning: Could not find type zbloodnpc in the type table in save

warning: Could not find type zbloodnpcbleed in the type table in save

It's probably 90% of my logs. Vampires also seem to get stuck when feeding, and there is an animation loop with dawnguard (for future STEP). Many on the Nexus thread for CTB have reported similar issues of CTDs, freezes, and save game corruption.

EBT just got an update and has compatibility patches with SkyMoMod and Dawnguard. I haven't had time to test it myself, but since my saves are wrecked anyways I might just start a new game with it tonight.

Just in case anyone has had problems with the latest Crimson Tide Blood like I have, installing EBT actually seems to fix the problems. I looked into the files and both mods use pauderek's "simple blood mod" as a base, but CTB modified the scripts and those modifications are probably where the problems are coming from. After installing EBT my CTDs stop and my papyrus logs aren't being spammed anymore, even my corrupted saves seem to be much better.

EBT is a really good mod, but I think the blood pooling and the spurts and spatters from CTB were better. The oil effects that were added for dwemer autos was a really nice touch too. I really hope that one of these mods eventually gets everything right.