Safety Load (by: kapaer)

Rune11

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installed this mod (version 1.1) few days ago and get instant crashes around Whiterun (especially near Honingbrew meadery). Before installing this my game was a quite stable, only uncommon random crashes. But i haven't tried version 1.2 yet.

And about this poll (i think this is a good idea):

1.) Nvidia?

2.) 2 Gb VRAM

3.) 12 Gb RAM

4.) ENBoost enabled

5.) uGridsToLoad=5 (default)

PS: sorry for my English.

Used for 2 days and it eliminated all ILS. Went in and around Whiterun and zero ILS. Day 3 left WHiterun and CTD constantly walking down road to Pelagia Farms. So bad I couldn't even reach the bridge and had to remove it. I tried the new 1.1a test and set enableonlyloading to false in the .ini. Made it past Pelagia Farms but CTD crossing the bridge. See yah. Maybe I'll try the new 1.2 in the future but for now infrequent ILS trumps constant CTD.

1(using Nvidia) - details in my sig

2)2g v ram

3)16g system ram

4)assume using ENBoost since I'm using v.217 ENB and Unreal Cinema ?

5) Ugrids. Since I have no idea what Ugrids are I'm assuming they're at default ?  that's right, no clue :-)  

I would like to do some more testing of the same saves, but for the record I am using

NVidia

1gb(x2)

16gb (there's a reason, I swear!)

ENBseries .233 (UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics is false)

Ugrids default

Definitely no graphical artifacts or menu CTDs, possible new random CTDs later still to be determined, I guess.

(Edited ENBseries line to clarify - not sure if everyone means the same thing by ENBoost)

I finally installed this and while I was glad to see no ILS (my main issue, the game hanging while actually playing was incredibly rare) I have had too many CTD with SafetyLoad.

GPU=AMD

VRAM=2GB

System RAM=8GB

ENBoost - not sure on this, I am using ENB so isn't ENBoost part of this?

Ugrids= Default 5

SafetyLoad version = 1.1

I think this could be a VRAM issue - I've not seen anyone with 3GB or more report issues. ENB already manages my VRAM right to the limit (I'm running SR with max textures possible), so perhaps SafetyLoad tries to load stuff to VRAM and that causes the CTD?

Could people try by limiting ENB to, say 1900MB VRAM? I have a 7970 on it's way next week so I'll see if that makes Skyrim work better.

I've noticed that the size of my inventory is a factor in CTDs. When I go clear a few dungeons and then unload all the crap I want to sell or craft from my horse, the game can crash after a few minutes with so much stuff in the inventory. I used to get ILS a bunch when my inventory was really large or I'd freeze in the forge menu, but now those are gone and I just have crashes after certain amount of time.

I can see that some people say this trades a problem for another one, but it might be that you aren't getting any ILS and it is just postponing the inevitable. I may still get crashes with Safety Load, but I definitely get to play much longer than I did with the ILS problem.

My 2c... SafetyLoad allows me to play a fully modded game with uGrids set to 7. I've never been able to do an actual playthrough with uGrids set to 7 due to ILS. With this mod I get no ILS. I did get a CTD when opening my menu once, but after setting the .ini file to only run SafetyLoad on loading screens I have had no ILS and no CTDs. I think a mod like this is highly dependent on your mod and system setup and would be hard to recommend to the community as a whole in its current state. If the author gets the CTD issue 100% fixed then this is THE must-have mod for heavily-modded Skyrim.