Safety Load (by: kapaer)

Rune11

Don't forget that the higher your VRAM then the more ENBoost helps out. ENBoost doesn't do to much if you hit your VRAM limit due to having 1GB card. If you have one of those 6gb monsters then there is lots of fun to be had with Safety Load and ENBoost.

Perhaps. I use just about all 3 of my VRAM when in a large exterior cell. 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say that using ENBoost + Safety Load I have seen my VRAM get up to !3.5GB! which is a level I've never seen before in any other config. I have yet to have a problem with ctd or anything however.

Going off of MSI Afterburner, I've noticed no change in MAX VRAM with or without ENBoost and/or Safety Load. It always gets up to just above 3 GB but under the 3092 level. Like max 3013. 

Someone should try to just fill up their inventory with stuff via console and then see if you can provoke a CTD.

Would not be surprised if it had to do with the amount of extra weapons and items etc. one has in the modlist, and when the game has to load enough of it then it just fails.

Hmmm guess I should do that test on my own game actually. And no I still do not use safety load since I do not have any ILS on my list.

I will say that using ENBoost + Safety Load I have seen my VRAM get up to !3.5GB! which is a level I've never seen before in any other config. I have yet to have a problem with ctd or anything however.

I am looking forward to trying these out on my Titan. :D

I know that since I use immersive armors and quite a few other gear mods, in this particular case immersive armors with Regal Huntsman Armor, I crash in the crafting menu when I go through the iron section too fast. Especially when I try to blaze past the regal huntsman gear in the iron section.

So yes I think too much equipment wise in the load order can put a strain on stability in the crafting menus and the inventory menus.

I thought all the Immersive armors were put in it's own section, Auxiliary Armors. I've actually been making my own custom plugin for that mod to reduce the # of recipes and how often they spawn in game. I want there to be really rare occurrences or anything but iron, hide, and a little bit of steel spawning until I'm up around level 15 or so.

Safety Load reduces any freezes or crashes I've had in the smithing menu, but if I have tons of stuff in my inventory and try to use a load door after crafting some stuff then it crashes right away before the load screen even comes up.

I thought all the Immersive armors were put in it's own section, Auxiliary Armors. I've actually been making my own custom plugin for that mod to reduce the # of recipes and how often they spawn in game. I want there to be really rare occurrences or anything but iron, hide, and a little bit of steel spawning until I'm up around level 15 or so.

I admit I did not know this.  I have not been playing with the current version for too long, my previous playthrough was with an older version.  So you could be right.

However, there are quite a few other equipment mods I have installed, so the point of my previous post still stands in regard to my experiences for crafting and stability.

Before Safey Load, I used to run with 1k textures/ 1k normals in exteriors. Game was stable but if I added just 1 expansionary mod (e.g. Immersive Settlements) the game would crash or freeze all the time within minutes.

Now, using Safety Load, I have thrown every texture pack I could at the game at 2k resolution / 2k normals. I also added over 20 city, town and village mods like EtaC, Solitude Docks District, Complete Solitude, Whiterun Outskirts Market, beautiful whiterun, dawn of whiterun, dawn of windhelm etc etc). Every city has an expansion. On top of that, I installed npc mods like Interesting NPCs (2 gigabyte worth of data), Inconsequential NPCs, Populated Towns and Villages. I also ran W&C, SkyRe and Frostfall.

I haven't had any ctd/freeze/ils at all, and I've done serious testing today. The only issues I had earlier were when opening menu/inventory but that was on a highlevel savegame where I had hundreds of items (using bandolier stuff my carryweight was over 800). 

Somehow I just can't believe it. It is so seemingly stable that I cannot help but wonder when this thing will ever break... Since I installed Safety Load - the day it was uploaded at Nexus - I basically haven';t crashed a single time (apart from the inventory crashes).