Safety Load (by: kapaer)

Rune11

Could be an amd vs nvidia thing regarding the CTD people are complaining about or maybe an interaction with enboost? For people who are crashing, how much vram do you have and which brand GPU. (Amd or nvidia)

Edit: Also, are these Safety Load CTDs happening in different places for different people? Or is it in the same places?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was playing a very stable game I tried this out (I can't think why - but thought it couldn't hurt). I don't know for certain that this mod was responsible but I started to have the odd CTD which finally ended this game's run when I gained a repeatable CTD at the door to Dustman's Crypt (companions - proving honour). I couldn't get past that point and other earlier save games were having problems loading.

Given the direction this thread has gone and some familiar sounding messages, I can see that using this mod at this time is not smart - as was my installing it when I was not getting any in game problems - whoops.

I can not swear that this mod was responsible but I wont be using it on my new game.

:)

I also experienced a few menu crashes with it (though not many, maybe like 5 over the last 4 days). The problem went away when I disabled SkyUI... That must also be the reason why it never crashed on the crafting menu for me, since SkyUI doesn't touch that. I am using version 1.0 (aka the 'full' version, I don't want to disable Safety Load's game-freeze ability just to remove menu CTDs). 

Is there anyone else who uses these 2 mods in conjunction and experienced these menu issues that can confirm they went away when SkyUI got disabled?

Am I the only one NOT getting Artifacts and CTDs with this mod? I feel like there are no more success stories.

Still none, here... I would like to understand more about how it works so that the differences between people's results could be clearer.

Edit: Also using SkyUI.

I want to see if I can create any correlations between hardware/software and CTDs with this mod. I'm just taking shots in the dark here. I don't have a concrete theory yet.

For everyone who is having CTDs issues with this mod, can you please provide the following details?:

1.) AMD or Nvidia?

2.) How much GPU VRAM do you have?

3.) How much system RAM do you have?

4.) Are you using ENBoost?

5.) Are you using default ugrids?