Weather and Lighting (by Smile44)

I think that a touch of cinematic license with skyrim lighting is a good idea. I think the unrealistic lighting of the engine, and the many rough edges, never look too good when I use settings that provide levels of saturation and contrast that are somewhat realistic. I think some exaggerated settings and a bit of vaseline on the lens is the best bet!

My main objection to some of the more cinematic enbs is that they apply heavy blue/orange colour filters - just because so many film makers love spamming those colour contrasts with digital filters in modern movies (No, I musnt get started on that again... but take a look at sone screenshots of the movie Hugo as perhaps the worst offender - everyone looks like Oompa Loompas behind a blue window!)

I love the blue/orange in the cinematic enbs...for exterior locations. I hate it indoors. It makes things way too red/orange. I like my Skyrim to look Vibrant and Fantasy-like in the exteriors but I want the interiors (especially dungeons/caves) to be dull-colored, scary and depressing. 
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I read that in comments but it's got so many endorsements that I thought it must be sufficiently good for qutie a lot of people.

By the way I noticed one thing: During several snow storms, a very bright sun appears. I don't think you mention it in the guide but from the files page at Climates of Tamriel - Weather Patch - Snow users should also install the ESS patch - otherwise this sun will pop up during said snow storms :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.