Weather and Lighting (by Smile44)

Is the sun only a problem in that particular weather.... when you post issues like this please also have the weather ID handy.

To get it use the STATUS mod by mannyGT.

As for clear skies not working, then no clue, I have never unlocked any shout other then FUZZZZzzzzzz. ;)

And double LOL epic fail Aiyen :D

Did not even notice that! Other point was just... you can just type the number... no need for the whole screenshot process :P

Edit: Also I do not have the mod that includes that weather... so cant check it. But it does look like it has a bug.

And double LOL epic fail Aiyen :D

Did not even notice that! Other point was just... you can just type the number... no need for the whole screenshot process :P

Edit: Also I do not have the mod that includes that weather... so cant check it. But it does look like it has a bug.

Which mod? Expanded Snow Systems? That's my guess as to what is causing it.

EDIT: Taken from the CoT Snow Patch Nexus Page

"Also compatible with Expanded Snow Systems (CoT Version), but be aware that his weathers suffer the old blinding bright sky / giant sun issue because they are basically modified copies on the old "broken" versions from CoT."

EDIT2: Just found something weird. The CoT Snow Patch site says to load the esp after Prod80's fog patch but Prod80's page says to load his mod after the Snow Patch. Hm?

Doesnt matter which you load first or last as long as my Supreme Storms patch is loaded AFTER the CoT Snow patch in case you use both since they have overlapping weather IDs. Between the CoT FRO patch and Snow patch there are no overlapping weathers.

First the Snow patch page had other details, I see the mod page has updated. I'll contact the author to come to some unity in description load order. Thanks for pointing that out... ;)

ESS needs some fixes for the sunshine, Saerileth is working on a patch.

Doesnt matter which you load first or last as long as my Supreme Storms patch is loaded AFTER the CoT Snow patch in case you use both since they have overlapping weather IDs. Between the CoT FRO patch and Snow patch there are no overlapping weathers.

First the Snow patch page had other details, I see the mod page has updated. I'll contact the author to come to some unity in description load order. Thanks for pointing that out... ;)

ESS needs some fixes for the sunshine, Saerileth is working on a patch.

No problem. Also, there's nothing that kills immersion more than seeing a bright-clear-as-day sun during a heavy snowstorm :-/. I'm definitely removing ESS until that patch is out. 

Okay Aiyen be awesome and apparently way faster then Saerileth....Made a "patch" that fixes the sun in ESS, and random cloud glowing during the night due to bad values.

If ya want to try it out then throw me a pm.

Its for the 3.15 version that requires dawnguard. I only fixed the clouds and their color.

The weathers are

xxx0A99(0-8)

Will work with the SOS patches etc.

If you want you can solve it yourself. I have moved on to other stuff.

Open the CK with ESS as the active plugin.

Search under weathers a99 (might be a8 for non dawnguard...double check in tes5edit what they are. )

Then you get them all.

Select Day from the pull down on the left.

Open cloud layer 27 and set its alpha = 1.0

Repeat for all weathers.. problem solved!

If you also want to solve the glowing clouds at night then

Select cloud layer in the pull down.

Select Night in the other pull down.

The color is set at 255, 255,255 which is just insane imo. Even vanilla lighting will overbloom it. Set it to like 65, 65 , 65 for every weather and done.

:)

Takes about 10 mins to do.

Not really something to patch... its fundamental flaws in the values... easier to save an .esp slot and just alter the mod itself.

And hey.. happy to help, half of what I do is fixing issues people post here and on the ENB forums so they do not annoy me ingame! :)

I allow BOSS to sort. I am not using SoS but as a general rule compatibility patches should be after the plugins that they are patching so usually a good idea to stick the patches in Compatibility patches using BUM. Yellow is not a problem normally but if you use TES5Edit and select only the particular esp, and once it is loaded right click on the plugin in the left hand pane and select "Sort masters" and then "Quit". Now that esp should be green in WB. Repeat for others.

The main reason that I am not using SoS is because there seem to be compatibility problems with many mods but it should work fine. I will have a look in TES5Edit to see if there are any obvious problems and let you know if I find any.

:)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.