Weather and Lighting (by Smile44)

Thanks. I assume I can now use the Pack and it's updated to match the WAO patcher. Btw, I would love to opt for darker nights instead of the brighter nights option you're offering. Can you add options for darker nights users? Thanks man!!

Edited by FuzzRocket9

The pack should be up-to-date but Im not 100% on top of everything.

I offer one option in the pack to keep things simple because I only update when I have to. My opinion on the matter is use a basic ENB and turn the brightness down *shrugs*.

If you want darker nights then you will need to change the options in COT(unsure about), PW and WAO.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry if this sounds dull, but I'm super new to this.  I followed the STEP:Core thing and got Skyrim running fine.  If I want to use this WEarther and Light pack, do I just go to the pack over on the wiki and install everything in order there, doing the loot sort and Bash thing at the end?  Do I need to make any of the loot changes at the bottom?  They say they won't be for everyone, but when will I know if I will need them or not?

• 2 months later...

The guide calls for v6.0 of Vividian, but there is no such version, and the installers for versions 6.30, 6.521, and 7.02 don't follow what's going on in the guide.  

I've installed WAO per the instructions, and I am being told that I'm missing the following masters:

mintylightningmod.esp:  I chose not to use this, but could stand to re-include it.  I assumed it ran on a script, and didn't want to bother with it.

Falskar.esm:  I just don't like it, and can't justify the load from it.  I think I'm capable enough with xEdit to excise Falskar references from this.

Vividian - Weather Patch COT - ESS.esp:  I can't find this in the archives of versions 6.30, 6.521, 7.02.  With Vividian, my frames outdoors go from 20-50, so I wanted to try this pack without any ENB first.  What will I need to extract from the Vividian archive to accomplish this?

Edited by Muladhara86
  • 2 weeks later...

D'oh!  I checked the forums and articles tab, but not there.

EDIT:  I used the two examples to try to compile one big, fat merge.  I left out AoS and RWT, b/c I had too many patches dependent upon them.  I also had to renumber conflicting IDs (got errors when I kept all IDs), was concerned the patches would reference the wrong IDs.  Finally, I added my preferred music files in.

Here's what I got to merge w/o errors in TES5Edit afterwards:

ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp

SoS - The Wilds.esp
SoS - The Dungeons.esp
SoS - Civilization.esp
Immersive Sounds - Magic.esp
Immersive Sounds - Footsteps.esp
ISFootsteps AOS Patch.esp
Immersive Sounds - Aural Assortment.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
RelightingSkyrim-FULL.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp
Pureweather.esp
ExpandedSnowSystems-CoT.esp
TrueStorms.esp
AK- Elder Scrolls Music.esp
Del_ConditionalCombatMusic - Dragon Reserved FIXED.esp
Vividian - Weather Patch CoT - ESS.esp
WondersofWeather.esp
WAO-WeatherAndAmbienceOverhaul.esp
WAO-Patches.esp
Vividian - Lanterns of Skyrim Preset.esp

However, once in-game, I noticed aberrations in the skyline.  I have screenshots here of what I'm talking about while looking to the sky with FoV set to 90 and 180.

Is there something I should have done differently before I merged the files?
Edited by Muladhara86
  • 1 month later...

Hi!

Thank for putting this together!

I have compatibility questions.

I have STEP Extended and plan to setup REGS.

1) STEP includes relighting skyrim and ELE. There is no mention of them in your guide. Should I just ignore them and reinstall ELE on top? Or maybe they are recent introduction into STEP and your guide is not up to date? I'm a bit confused.

2) Any tips regarding compatibility with REGS? There seems to be a lot going on with all the lighting stuff... Lot of possible conflicts in cell edits and all. But REGS can be made compatible with SRLE which includes several of the mods you use so...

Thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would share a issue I had with lighting popping badly inside interiors that seemed to be related to ELFX clashing with one of the other mods in this pack, I spent ages trying to find a fix and eventually came across a .ini tweak which fixed it.

Here it is if anyone else has had the same issue - 

SkyrimPrefs.ini
reduce this to 
fInteriorShadowDistance=1400.0000

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.