Weather and Lighting (by Smile44)

No I don't mention it in the guide but it is fixed by using ini tweaks for ENB - renderer info =1 (not accurate but you know which one I mean). Also one of the other mods / patches in the guide fixes this.

Not at my computer, so working from memory and good will.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Can you explain your installation instructions a bit more clearly?  The wiki says you should already have STEP:Core installed before installing this pack, but then you give conflicting instructions several times later in the guide.  For example, are the weather mods supposed to be installed after the Conflicting Graphics section?  If so, then if I've already completed STEP, it's too late.

Also, why is Climates Of Tamriel - Weather Patch - Fog Rain Overcast listed directly after the main file if you then say that it should be the last CoT patch installed?  It would be helpful to have this mod list in the same order that we're supposed to be installing the mods, and if applicable, at what point during the STEP installation.

Also, I've used ELFX before, but never an ENB, so are you advising to do both, or will that cause conflicts?  I know you have listed two ENBs and we're supposed to pick the one that we prefer, but you don't make that clear and an inexperienced modder could very well think they're supposed to install both.

Again, if Skyrim Particle Pack should be installed early in the STEP process, like in the Fixes section, then your instruction to start this AFTER a full STEP installation is again incorrect.

Do I complete a full STEP:Core install, then your weather pack, and then your lighting pack?  Or do these need to be installed in the middle of the STEP process somewhere?  I hope this doesn't come off as an aggressive post because I appreciate your work on this and the Requiem pack, both of which I'd love to use on a new playthrough.  I just need to make sure that I don't start out with a buggy game from the very beginning.

Hi, first of all I assume that you are using Mod Organizer to install Skyrim which is stated in the description. NMM is a pain to use and prevents you from making changes to your install order.

Second, load order is not the same as install order - and is sorted using BOSS and BUM if necessary.

I am advising you to use an ENB. Both are listed as optional, I will add a Choose one of these or choose another instruction - although this is clearly implied in the text.

I refer you to my first answer, if you are using NMM or a manual install then you really shouldn't be trying a large mod install such as STEP, but as I said before as well you can install this after STEP CORE if you wish, but you will need to remove any sun textures if you want to keep the recommended textures.

I recommend that you use Mod Organiser for your install because you can change mods in and out from your install order, create different profiles and of course add new mods anywhere in the install order - it is recommended by STEP and Skyrim Revisited.

Hope this helps.

Hi, first of all I assume that you are using Mod Organizer to install Skyrim which is stated in the description. NMM is a pain to use and prevents you from making changes to your install order.

Second, load order is not the same as install order - and is sorted using BOSS and BUM if necessary.

I am advising you to use an ENB. Both are listed as optional, I will add a Choose one of these or choose another instruction - although this is clearly implied in the text.

I refer you to my first answer, if you are using NMM or a manual install then you really shouldn't be trying a large mod install such as STEP, but as I said before as well you can install this after STEP CORE if you wish, but you will need to remove any sun textures if you want to keep the recommended textures.

I recommend that you use Mod Organiser for your install because you can change mods in and out from your install order, create different profiles and of course add new mods anywhere in the install order - it is recommended by STEP and Skyrim Revisited.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick reply!  Actually, I use Wrye Bash for installation, as I don't really use separate profiles and I'm more familiar with it than Mod Organizer (first time I installed STEP the WB wiki seemed much more in depth, so I stuck with it ever since).  Also, it seemed like auto updating was a bad idea with something as far-reaching as STEP, so I was never motivated to switch to MO.

I am aware that the load order is generally something that BOSS will manage automatically with a few exceptions.  The install order is what I was mainly concerned with, since if I had already installed STEP:Core, wouldn't the new sun textures just override the ones from STEP?  This is the part that confuses me a little.  I had planned on doing a fresh STEP:Core install, testing, adding Requiem, testing again, and then this pack at the end.  I know that BOSS and your tips will allow the load order to be correct after every step, just wanted to make sure that I didn't have to install STEP and these packs at the same time.

Smile, you have "optional file" listed in the HQ Snow Textures description. Do you mean that using this mod is optional? Or do you want us to download the optional file on the nexus page, which is the 2048 bsa/esp file. That would be strange if you want us to download that file rather than the loose files version so I'm assuming you just mean that this mod is optional, right?

Good call *Bro, I do mean using it is optional. I like it but you might not, after all the pack is not really about textures so much. That said one of the main (non optional) mods has a specific setting for it I will check it and update this post later.

It is, I think, the best snow cover that I have seen - of course that is an opinion, so only worth something to those that share that opinion.

@flvinny521 you can install this at the end if you wish, I have tested this and it works fine just need to check that it isn't overwriting anything, which it shouldn't be at least not anything that you didn't want to overwrite anyway by installing this pack. As for the particle patch install it before the wether pack and check thatbitbis not overwriting anything that you do want Neo used to have it installed in fixes near the start bu I'm not sure it is necessary. Try it and see.

Update as promised: CoT Weather Patch - Snow is the one that has a specific file for HQ Snow Textures.

@flvinny521 you can install this at the end if you wish, I have tested this and it works fine just need to check that it isn't overwriting anything, which it shouldn't be at least not anything that you didn't want to overwrite anyway by installing this pack. As for the particle patch install it before the wether pack and check thatbitbis not overwriting anything that you do want Neo used to have it installed in fixes near the start bu I'm not sure it is necessary. Try it and see.

I installed it and haven't had much of a chance to play, but from an hour or so, everything seems to be working well.  Requiem is definitely going to take some adaptation from vanilla Skyrim, but I was a huge Morrowind fan, so I'm a fan of all the changes I've seen so far.  Thanks again.

Glad you like it, I'm playing with Requiem at the moment, and it is so much fun. I've got SIC, HLE, Falskaar and Wyrmstooth in the game which has a base of SR:LE. I'm using some settings from The Core Vega pack. I am not using SkyTEST because Requiem already does the AI of animals, perfectly well though there is a patch for that.

Rumour has it that there will soon be a patch for Moonpath to Elswyr, which will then make it into my game. I may well then put up an other lands pack or Skyrim Expansion Pack (sounds better) and detail it for Core Step and my Requiem, Survival and Weather packs - not too difficult and wouldn't take long, it's just the other patches, water, RND, CoT etc that have to be taken into consideration. Step is moving in the direction of using RW2 which has patches and waves for two of those, I wonder if more will be done for Moonpath?

Anyway if you are enjoying playing then thats great - just don't add anything else in as that messes your saves up.

You have my interest. I'm thinking of (when I'm not as busy) trying this on my Skyrim installation - probally switching to Aiyen's ENB instead of Unreal Cinema. I'll also fix the load order directly in BOSS.

Awesome!

P.S. I would love to try his ENB, I was always waiting for it to be finished but I have not looked at it beyond a few tantalising screen shots.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.