CTD and Performance patch ENBoost (by Boris Vorontsov)

EssArrBee

You might want to forgo using whatever AA is enabled while using SkyRealism if you want to use SMAA. ENB doesn't support hose AA techniques' date=' but I'm pretty sure SSAA can be force from hardware.[/quote']

Boris also has something in his enblocal.ini called "AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions". Is this like a 2xSSAA?

Don't use that it's not what you think it is. It has to do with a downsampling method to let the game create a bigger picture than your monitor can display, no clue why you would want to render something you can't see, unless you have an Illumi Room prototype.

Don't use that it's not what you think it is. It has to do with a downsampling method to let the game create a bigger picture than your monitor can display' date=' no clue why you would want to render something you can't see, unless you have an Illumi Room prototype.[/quote']

Isn't downsampling essentially supersampling? I thought they were the same thing. 

Gave you a PM with all the details! :)

For all the others...

Downsampling is the process where you force the application to render at a resolution higher then what your monitor natively supports. Think of it as overclocking your monitor.

The reason people do this is because... higher resolution = less jagged edges. If you can get away with it that is.

Gave you a PM with all the details! :)

For all the others...

Downsampling is the process where you force the application to render at a resolution higher then what your monitor natively supports. Think of it as overclocking your monitor.

The reason people do this is because... higher resolution = less jagged edges. If you can get away with it that is.

It can also mess up your screen shots since it doesn't know the border of you screen and just takes a picture of the image rendered and then you end up with the screenshot in the corner and everything else is black.

You really should start to read the basic description on the ENB site! :P

No it does no longer require the helper mod. However it does not work entirely the right way because of it.

The technical description on wikipedia does a better job at explaining the technical aspects, then I can in my currently tired state.

I find it hard to parse what boris says half the time.. maybe thats just me.. so all the ENB's I like JUST updated to 212, then boris updates to 213.. will the enb's work with the 213? I ask becuse I dont see that I can download 212 anywhere.. hes really giving me a headache with all this.

I'm about to just drop ENB all together and use only the memory boost feature. Does anyone have a set of the 212 binaries I could get from them?

You really should start to read the basic description on the ENB site! :P

No it does no longer require the helper mod. However it does not work entirely the right way because of it.

The technical description on wikipedia does a better job at explaining the technical aspects, then I can in my currently tired state.

Ha I did. I didn't really get it. I didn't know temperal as was txaa. From what I understand, smaa is better than txaa. I'll stick with smaa. I think ill probably just stick with 0.212 also.

I have .213 ENB and am using Unreal Cinema (.212 Beta). I'm not really sure how to install ENBoost but it seems like something I should do as a preventative measure.

I've read through this thread and am pretty unfamiliar with ENB in general. Trying to sort of figure it out but if anyone can tell me how to install/integrate it into my setup I think that would be helpful.