CTD and Performance patch ENBoost (by Boris Vorontsov)

EssArrBee

Hello everyone,

yesterday I decided to look into Skyrim/STEP again, since the summer has taken a break and it'll be rainy next few days.

My Skyrim is modded by STEP 2.2.5 and runs pretty good, except for some CTDs after some time, which, I tink, is caused

by full RAM/VRAM.

I'd like to test this patch, which hopefully reduces and/or fixes the CTDs. I installed RCRN & RCRN Plus, which seem to use

a pretty old ENB-Version. Can anyone tell me, what I need to do, to get ENBoost running?

Remove RCRN & RCRN Plus completely, install new ENB and then install ENBoost?

RCRN uses its own external .dll´s which ENB does not support. It might work, but it wont be optimal. Even less in the newer versions. 

ENBoost is implemented in all ENB versions from 200+ 

The only reason it has its own release is because it has a feature that disables all the graphics enhancements of ENB so only the memory functions are used. However it still requires the .dll, and hence have all the same issues you might have with ENB and other programs that try to access the game in the same way (certain monitor programs and OC ulitities). 

For my setup 209 version is the stablest so far. Also i'm noticing some performance gain, moving smoothness, but i can't figure out why cannot load save in exterior area.

Every time i get ILS. When i try to move from interior to exterior area there has not problem. Does anyone have the same issue ?

Try to mess around with the VideoMemorySizeMb value making it lower or higher piecewise and see if the problem persist. 

If you use AMD cards then DisableDriverMemoryManager should be set to true as it might also help. 

Finally then setting DisablePreloadToVRAM to false will help a great deal with ILS during load, since then the game does not have to wait for all textures to be loaded in before entering the game. It will cause increased stuttering though. 

Try to mess around with the VideoMemorySizeMb value making it lower or higher piecewise and see if the problem persist. 

If you use AMD cards then DisableDriverMemoryManager should be set to true as it might also help. 

Finally then setting DisablePreloadToVRAM to false will help a great deal with ILS during load, since then the game does not have to wait for all textures to be loaded in before entering the game. It will cause increased stuttering though. 

Tried VideoMemorySizeMb=to my vram/it's dedicated vram to be precise/, also put it to 6144/formulae by Boris RAM+VRAM-2048/ but doesn't help.

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=false

InitProxyFunctions=true

ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true

UseDefferedRendering=false

ForceFakeVideocard=false

[PERFORMANCE]

SpeedHack=true

[MULTIHEAD]

ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false

VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true

DisableDriverMemoryManager=false

DisablePreloadToVRAM=false

EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false

ReservedMemorySizeMb=256

VideoMemorySizeMb=2048

[WINDOW]

ForceBorderless=false

ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]

ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true

MaxAnisotropy=16

EnableVSync=true

AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false

[LIMITER]

WaitBusyRenderer=false

EnableFPSLimit=false

FPSLimit=60.0

[iNPUT]

//shift

KeyCombination=16

//f12

KeyUseEffect=123

//home

KeyFPSLimit=36

//num /       106

KeyShowFPS=106

//insert

KeyScreenshot=45

//enter

KeyEditor=13

//not assigned

KeyFreeVRAM=0

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]

Enable=false

Quality=1

DesiredFPS=20.0

[FIX]

FixPhysics=true

Could be related to some ini settings ? I used only these included in STEP guide and Z-Fighting guide.

Hehehe brilliant! :)

Good thing that I went away from SweetFX again the other day!

As for other software.... like it was said, if you need to run that, then you do not need to be running ENB! Simple enough.

Also all those weird memory optimizers.... they are pointless!

Most of what SweetFX offers can be coded into ENB... the only reason it has not already is that there have been no motivation to do it.

For now there is no point in upgrading, but in the future perhaps!

Yeah, but SMAA injector or HiAlgoBoost can't be used. Even though my current ENB profile is running amazing with v209, I'm afraid of what the future of it is, maybe Edge AA which I do like. I was playing almost all day yesterday and had one ILS, no crashes or freezes.

Due to uproar about blocking 3rd party programs hes released .211 which unblocks the programs and just gives you a WARNING message if you use one with enb. I think he was just tired of getting bug reports about programs that ran alongside enb and wanted to eliminate such bug reports.

He removed SMAA in 0.210? Why?

I don't know why he keeps releasing small updates likes this. He should have just stayed with 0.200 and then maybe released 0.209 and then stopped. Also, I'm pretty sure every single person on the nexus forums has no idea what they are doing and are attributing CTD/freezes caused by various things to his ENB.

Hello everyone,

yesterday I decided to look into Skyrim/STEP again, since the summer has taken a break and it'll be rainy next few days.

My Skyrim is modded by STEP 2.2.5 and runs pretty good, except for some CTDs after some time, which, I tink, is caused

by full RAM/VRAM.

I'd like to test this patch, which hopefully reduces and/or fixes the CTDs. I installed RCRN & RCRN Plus, which seem to use

a pretty old ENB-Version. Can anyone tell me, what I need to do, to get ENBoost running?

Remove RCRN & RCRN Plus completely, install new ENB and then install ENBoost?

RCRN uses its own external .dll´s which ENB does not support. It might work, but it wont be optimal. Even less in the newer versions. 

ENBoost is implemented in all ENB versions from 200+ 

The only reason it has its own release is because it has a feature that disables all the graphics enhancements of ENB so only the memory functions are used. However it still requires the .dll, and hence have all the same issues you might have with ENB and other programs that try to access the game in the same way (certain monitor programs and OC ulitities). 

For my setup 209 version is the stablest so far. Also i'm noticing some performance gain, moving smoothness, but i can't figure out why cannot load save in exterior area.

Every time i get ILS. When i try to move from interior to exterior area there has not problem. Does anyone have the same issue ?

Are you sure AMD cards should have DisableDriverMemoryManager to true? I was actually getting a ton of freezing and turning this to false solved it for me. I think it just depends on the user's system. Idk if it's AMD/NVIDIA specific. 

I have a 7970 btw. 

@ DoYouEvenModBro:

Which version of ENB r u using? 209 or 211? Can you share your enblocal.ini?

I have a 7970 3GB and 8GB of RAM but no matter what I do in the settings I cannot get it to work like v. 206-207

I'm currently waiting on a RMA for my graphics card. I can let you know later this week. The last version I got that worked was 0.202 or 0.204. I haven't tried the new ones yet. What are your enblocal.ini settings right now? Maybe I can make a few suggestions and if it works for you then hopefully they will work for me too when I get my GPU back. 

EDIT: Just PM me. I don't want to clutter this thread up.

It is mainly AMD cards that have some driver issues which that setting is supposed to help fix. But for certain Nvidia drivers it might also be useful. If you get increased stuttering, CTD´s etc. then just disable it again!

It is mainly AMD cards that have some driver issues which that setting is supposed to help fix. But for certain Nvidia drivers it might also be useful. If you get increased stuttering' date=' CTD´s etc. then just disable it again![/quote']

Hm yea. I'll play with them. I think I'm just going to stick with 0.209. Did he try to disable SMAA for 0.210? Or just sweetfx (which is smaa plus other effects? not too familiar with this)