CTD and Performance patch ENBoost (by Boris Vorontsov)

EssArrBee

All I know is that I currently have version 209 with RealVision + CoT + RLO and I have never had an ENB run so smoothly without any crashes or freezes.  No stuttering at all, liquid smooth at about 40-50 FPS with most of Skyrim Revisited installed.  So I am sticking with 209 for a good long while I think, I don't see any reason to change it anytime soon.

All I know is that I currently have version 209 with RealVision + CoT + RLO and I have never had an ENB run so smoothly without any crashes or freezes.  No stuttering at all' date=' liquid smooth at about 40-50 FPS with most of Skyrim Revisited installed.  So I am sticking with 209 for a good long while I think, I don't see any reason to change it anytime soon.[/quote']

I'm so sorry to do this again. I really don't want to turn this into the nexus forums but can you post or PM me your skyrimlocal.ini settings as well as how much ram/vram your system/card has?

All I know is that I currently have version 209 with RealVision + CoT + RLO and I have never had an ENB run so smoothly without any crashes or freezes.  No stuttering at all' date=' liquid smooth at about 40-50 FPS with most of Skyrim Revisited installed.  So I am sticking with 209 for a good long while I think' date=' I don't see any reason to change it anytime soon.[/quote'']

I'm so sorry to do this again. I really don't want to turn this into the nexus forums but can you post or PM me your skyrimlocal.ini settings as well as how much ram/vram your system/card has?

Have you tried using the utility that Phinix posted on his site to help you pick the correct INI settings (which I believe you meant enblocal.ini not skyrimlocal.ini)? It is just a quick utility that will let you chose the right settings and then you copy/paste them into you enblocal.ini in the [Memory] section.

All I know is that I currently have version 209 with RealVision + CoT + RLO and I have never had an ENB run so smoothly without any crashes or freezes.  No stuttering at all' date=' liquid smooth at about 40-50 FPS with most of Skyrim Revisited installed.  So I am sticking with 209 for a good long while I think' date=' I don't see any reason to change it anytime soon.[/quote'']

Have you tried using the utility that Phinix posted on his site to help you pick the correct INI settings (which I believe you meant enblocal.ini not skyrimlocal.ini)? It is just a quick utility that will let you chose the right settings and then you copy/paste them into you enblocal.ini in the [Memory] section.

I did indeed mean enblocal.ini and I was not aware of that. I will definitely check it out. Is it on his ENB site?

EDIT: Found it. That's pretty useful. Only thing he does not have is the videomemorymb= function

He removed SMAA in 0.210? Why?

I don't know why he keeps releasing small updates likes this. He should have just stayed with 0.200 and then maybe released 0.209 and then stopped. Also, I'm pretty sure every single person on the nexus forums has no idea what they are doing and are attributing CTD/freezes caused by various things to his ENB.

Hello everyone,

yesterday I decided to look into Skyrim/STEP again, since the summer has taken a break and it'll be rainy next few days.

My Skyrim is modded by STEP 2.2.5 and runs pretty good, except for some CTDs after some time, which, I tink, is caused

by full RAM/VRAM.

I'd like to test this patch, which hopefully reduces and/or fixes the CTDs. I installed RCRN & RCRN Plus, which seem to use

a pretty old ENB-Version. Can anyone tell me, what I need to do, to get ENBoost running?

Remove RCRN & RCRN Plus completely, install new ENB and then install ENBoost?

RCRN uses its own external .dll´s which ENB does not support. It might work, but it wont be optimal. Even less in the newer versions. 

ENBoost is implemented in all ENB versions from 200+ 

The only reason it has its own release is because it has a feature that disables all the graphics enhancements of ENB so only the memory functions are used. However it still requires the .dll, and hence have all the same issues you might have with ENB and other programs that try to access the game in the same way (certain monitor programs and OC ulitities). 

For my setup 209 version is the stablest so far. Also i'm noticing some performance gain, moving smoothness, but i can't figure out why cannot load save in exterior area.

Every time i get ILS. When i try to move from interior to exterior area there has not problem. Does anyone have the same issue ?

Try to mess around with the VideoMemorySizeMb value making it lower or higher piecewise and see if the problem persist. 

If you use AMD cards then DisableDriverMemoryManager should be set to true as it might also help. 

Finally then setting DisablePreloadToVRAM to false will help a great deal with ILS during load, since then the game does not have to wait for all textures to be loaded in before entering the game. It will cause increased stuttering though. 

Are you sure AMD cards should have DisableDriverMemoryManager to true? I was actually getting a ton of freezing and turning this to false solved it for me. I think it just depends on the user's system. Idk if it's AMD/NVIDIA specific. 

I have a 7970 btw. 

I too am getting great results by setting this to false, got 10+ FPS back, so I'm sitting at 38-40fps in a thick snowstorm, 45-48 when its not, the frames DO jump around a bit, but it doesnt make a perceivable difference to my eye in this game.

I highly reccommend that anyone with an AMD/ATI card give this a try to see how it works on thier machine.

I'm using an MSi twin frozr 2 radeon 7850 2gig card.

on my memory I have tried it with 512 and 496, 512 gives better performance but 496 gives best consistancy.

would also like to say that when intially transitioning to a new area that I have to wait a few secs, about 5-8 seconds before it settles down and locks in.

my ENBlocal

//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

// Phinix Natural ENB v1.61 for ENB v0.207

// ENBSeries v0.207

// visit https://enbdev.com for updates

// Copyright © 2007-2013 Boris Vorontsov

[PROXY]

//Setting EnableProxyLibrary true with d3d9_smaa.dll as the library

//(can replace with other libraries) to enables Subpixel Morphic AA.

//Set EnableEdgeAA in [ANTIALIASING] below to false when this is true.

//Turn off AA in video drivers and game settings when enabled.

EnableProxyLibrary=true

InitProxyFunctions=true

ProxyLibrary=d3d9_smaa.dll

[GLOBAL]

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false

UseDefferedRendering=true

ForceFakeVideocard=false

[PERFORMANCE]

SpeedHack=true

[MULTIHEAD]

ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false

VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true

DisableDriverMemoryManager=false

DisablePreloadToVRAM=false

ReservedMemorySizeMb=512

EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false

[WINDOW]

ForceBorderless=false

ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]

//Turn off anisotropic in video drivers and game settings.

ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true

MaxAnisotropy=16

EnableVSync=true

AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false

[LIMITER]

WaitBusyRenderer=false

EnableFPSLimit=true

FPSLimit=60.0

[iNPUT]

//Define in-game key bindings for ENB.

//Google Keyboard Keys and Key Code Values

KeyCombination=16 //shift=16

KeyUseEffect=123 //f12=123

KeyFPSLimit=36 //home=36

KeyShowFPS=106 //num=106

KeyScreenshot=45 //insert=45 printscreen=44

KeyEditor=13 //enter=13 f19=130

KeyFreeVRAM=34 //pagedown=34

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]

Enable=false

Quality=1

DesiredFPS=20.0

[FIX]

FixPhysics=true

Sure no problem.  I have a GTX 670 with 4gb VRAM, my system has 12gb RAM, Core I7 920 OC'd to 3.4ghz...and a very old and failing hard drive.  As for the enblocal.ini, I followed the advice and link (the Phinix one) at the end of Neovalen's guide in progress.  I have no stuttering nor slowdowns in even the worst areas and I have a lot of 2K textures and the full version of RealVision.  This ENB has always ran very well IMO, but I haven't ever had it run this well.

I WAS having a lot of freezes, but I updated SFO to the latest version, removed Lush Overhaul, removed Frostfall, Skyrim Immersive Creatures and a couple of other script intensive mods, started a new game (for the 40th time) and it has been completely stable all the way up to my current level of 12.  I'm not sure what mod or combination of mods was causing the problems, but after a couple of weeks of trying to eliminate the problem, I don't dare mess with it anymore hah. 

I swear, throwing a few hundred mods into Skyrim is like balancing on the precipice of disaster.  Or like picking a master level lock with a lockpick skill of 15, you just have to find that tiny little sweet spot...

Anyway, here is my enblocal.ini

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=sweetfx_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false
UseDefferedRendering=true
ForceFakeVideocard=false

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=4096

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=true
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=true

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
EnableVSync=false
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=60.0

[INPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num /       106
KeyShowFPS=106
//insert
KeyScreenshot=45
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//not assigned
KeyFreeVRAM=86

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=true
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0

[FIX]
FixPhysics=true

It adds AA on distant landscape/objects and sub pixel AA on specular (shiny/reflective) objects. Also, there is a small adjustment to the memory manager that is to technical to explain at my current level sleep deprivation.

DoYouEvenModBro, If you are still using PNENB then go ahead and update to 1.64 and v212 to see if it is any good. Just back up a copy of the v209 d3d9.dll to have to fall back on.

Also, to all the people with limited ENB and modding experience, might I suggest not messing around with vsync. It seems to be causing more headaches than minds blown.

It adds AA on distant landscape/objects and sub pixel AA on specular (shiny/reflective) objects. Also, there is a small adjustment to the memory manager that is to technical to explain at my current level sleep deprivation.

DoYouEvenModBro, If you are still using PNENB then go ahead and update to 1.64 and v212 to see if it is any good. Just back up a copy of the v209 d3d9.dll to have to fall back on.

Also, to all the people with limited ENB and modding experience, might I suggest not messing around with vsync. It seems to be causing more headaches than minds blown.

If I'm using 0.212 with the new AA feature enabled in enbseries.ini, does that mean that I don't need to use an SMAA injector? I'm not using PNENB. I'm using skyrealism although I need to check whether or not it is compatible with 0.212. PNENB seems to really be on his game. How does that ENB compare to Skyrealism? I also use ELFX and CoT. Does PNENB look okay with those?

The new AA feature is mainly for specular maps, ENB reflection and LOD. It is an attempt from Boris to make SMAA obsolete, since he does not like it.

Skyrealism is more saturated then PNENB... try them out and see which you prefer more.

The new AA feature is mainly for specular maps, ENB reflection and LOD. It is an attempt from Boris to make SMAA obsolete, since he does not like it.

Skyrealism is more saturated then PNENB... try them out and see which you prefer more.

What do you mean by saturated? Color saturation? I always assumed Skyrealism would be less saturated since it tries to stick very close to Vanilla. Can I use SMAA AND Boris' new AA feature or would that cause a conflict/decrease in quality?

With PNENB you also can use the interiors plugin, but since you use ELFX you have a choice between ELFX Enhancer or the PNENB plugin. Both rebalance interiors for darker dungeons, so you just gotta choose which one you like.

It's not saturations that bothers me about so many ENBs though it is the warmth that it adds as well. I think ENBs should go the other direction and dry out the color palette to make Skyrim look like an unrelenting icy field and death and mayhem.

With PNENB you also can use the interiors plugin, but since you use ELFX you have a choice between ELFX Enhancer or the PNENB plugin. Both rebalance interiors for darker dungeons, so you just gotta choose which one you like.

It's not saturations that bothers me about so many ENBs though it is the warmth that it adds as well. I think ENBs should go the other direction and dry out the color palette to make Skyrim look like an unrelenting icy field and death and mayhem.

Can I use both an SMAA injector and Boris' new built-in AA?

Also, MSAA/SSAA still isn't supported by ENB, right?