CTD and Performance patch ENBoost (by Boris Vorontsov)

EssArrBee

Does anyone have an idea why whould ENBoost (that is, the game itself with ENBoost) suddenly stop launching? I followed the instructions at https://wiki.step-project.com/ENBoost#tab=Recommendations to the point and the game just won't load past the unresponsive small black Skyrim window (the one you used to get after the community uncapper splash screen; that is, the main screen won't load at all). Might some Steam update be culprit?

Apparently it happens when you use OneTweak. To fix' date=' open OneTweak.ini and change BWMode = 1 to BWMode = 2[/quote']

I canot thank you enough! You're the only person here that nailed the issue instead of doing the 'make a clean install, check you ini settings' routine! 

This piece of info should be stickied somewhere, I've endlessly googled possible ENB startup issues and there was no mention of it at all!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having this issue as well, but I don't use OneTweak. Although I am using the STEP:Core suggested mod Double Cursor fix by the same author. But that doesn't have an .ini, as far as I can see. Moving d3d9.dll out of the Skyrim folder let's me start the game, so it is definitely conflicting with something else. Or maybe not, because launching vanilla Skyrim (not using Mod Organizer), I see the Bethesda intro video, with all the ENB info in the top corner, but then it crashes after that. Any help?

Sounds more like you are missing a master to me.

As in, the .esm files? No, they're all there, in both vanilla and modded installs.  I did clean the modded ones, though, but the ones in the vanilla Skyrim data directory are as dirty as they come. Unless you mean something else by "master"?

I mean' date=' it sounds like you have a plugin active that requires another plugin that is currently inactive in your load order.[/quote']

My modded and un-modded setups of Skyrim run fine, unless d3d9.dll is in the Skyrim directory, so I don't think that's it. I also tried an older version of ENB, but that did the same thing. I know ENB worked for me back when STEP was 2.2.5 or 6 or something like that, so I'm not sure what could have changed.

I mean' date=' it sounds like you have a plugin active that requires another plugin that is currently inactive in your load order.[/quote']

My modded and un-modded setups of Skyrim run fine' date=' unless d3d9.dll is in the Skyrim directory, so I don't think that's it. I also tried an older version of ENB, but that did the same thing. I know ENB worked for me back when STEP was 2.2.5 or 6 or something like that, so I'm not sure what could have changed.

[/quote']

Try the injector version and see if that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk