CTD and Performance patch ENBoost (by Boris Vorontsov)

EssArrBee

It's very early v0.200 has only been out a few days

and v0.195+ a few weeks (v0.200 Beta versions basically) but the potential of this is

HUGE

All Graphics Memory (eg 2 Titans in SLI gives 6GB + 6GB =12GB) used fully for graphics

and

All x64 System Memory used/available for use without hitting 3.1GB limit (How? Only 4GB used by TESV.Exe keeping it below limit and rest is ENBHost(s) 4GB for each one used)

I don't know:

If SLI can be used

If number of ENBHost's unlimited (x64 version would not be limited to 4GB)

If full potential is reached

The Skies not the Limit

Tamriel has Moons !!!

No SLI does not share memory... Even Boris cannot do anything about that since it is an inherit limit on the hardware level.

Motherboard and Graphics chip developers would have to create new architecture for that to be possible.

Also I think that his approach is going to hit a stability wall soon enough. There are still nobody that are able to run exterior with full 4k afterall. I have only verified that you can run with higher ugrids values if using only 1k textures mainly with an SR mod list fairly stable. Although at my resolution of 1440p then performance takes a serious hit, since that also means that AO filter etc has to be applied on a much larger area... which really hurts my poor gtx 660.

all i know is that in the past few days my game has run so much smoother in terms of subtle choppiness and lag i used to get from pop-in and such, .. seems to have basically disappeared now.

4k exteriors? pshhh! pipe dreams. I will be more than satisfied with full 2k :D

@Aiyen - just curious what monitor you use for 1440p

Interestingly I have generally found these to be stable but recently I seem to get lots of ILS problems especially in towns. I do not yet know why but without ENB and related files then it's all fine. Something bizarre going on there - oh well back to the drawing board.

bah! i hate those. there was a time (about 2 or 3 months ago) where i was struggling with those for quite a while. it took me many many hours of pain and suffering before i was able to get them to go away. my overall conclusion is that it's usually not one thing alone, but rather a combination of small things that each contribute and cause a large problem.

However, if i had to give someone advice on the issue, i would say start by optimizing all of your texture sets and reducing resolution where necessary (such as landscapes). I would also delete or make backups of your INIs and let the game regenerate them and start from scratch. Driver settings have also been a somewhat common culprit for infinite loadscreens (especially vsync settings). Driver settings are a pain because its a lot of trial and error. And you can really only change one setting at a time if you want to effectively troubleshoot and control for the other variables. Anyways, good luck :)

Thanks for that - I expect you are correct. I doubt its the textures as they are generally all very well optimised. I did discover that turning off enb helped. Ironic really as that is precisely one of the key things that this set up seeks to avoid.

I shall redo my ini files though because that is one area that I have not looked at for a while.

:)

EDIT: Turns out the problem was a couple of .esp files with deleted navmeshes. Removed that mod for another time when I can figure out how to repair them.

Too be honest I think that in general most of us have more issues with specific .ini settings than texture resolution for infinite loading screens at least.

yeah thats what it was for me too.. i was suggesting the texture optimizing as a means of reducing vram/dram load. before the ENB "fix", i would sometimes get ILS at load doors if i didnt go high enough to cause CTD but pretty close to it. plus i think texture optimizing is just a smart thing to do anyways and is always good to recommend for troubleshooting :)

Not sure if it was mentioned, but the following commands might help performance:

Try to set ForceBorderless=false, ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false, EnableFPSLimit=false and if not helps, modify ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false.

This is a bit of a post-necro (from way back in July!), but I've seen this posted different on other forums.  Isn't this important for Borderless Windows, which I presume we will still endorse?  I set this to "true" based upon reports that not doing so would lead to hang-ups on Alt-Tab, but I haven't run without it so I don't really know.