More Dynamic Shadows and Striping Fixed (by puuloo)

skwareballz

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another update guys, There won't be a compability update for RCRN!

My mod stays with RLwC and the guys from RCRN can **** off!

I understand that lots of people want my mod to be compatible with RCRN but their lies and their ******** just amazed me!

Some time ago i contacted them for assistance to make my mod compatible with theirs and they didn't even reply to me!

These people are simple liars and thieves and i don't think they have any future in modding!

Hi PuuLoo,

We do not permit accusations posed against others in this community, regardless of whether or not such accusations are valid. Feel free to state your inclinations less the direct accusations and flaming of others.

Feel free to PM the admin regarding your opinions behind your decisions, but discretion is a requirement in the public forums. Please see the STEP Community Citizenship Guide for more information.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I assume so because it's not listed under incompatibilities, but I know it's not compatible with RCRN due to their own little indoor lighting tweaks (which MDS does better, tbh). But the author is mainly supporting RLwC, so I'm not sure. (and there was a huge drama thread with RCRN vs RLwC I read earlier too...). But no mention of CoT, AFAIK.

Edit: so... I believe as long as CoT doesn't add their own little lighting balls indoors like RCRN was doing, it should be fine. And yes ENB is fully compatible.

MDS is compatible with Climates of Tamriel it's even used by Project ENB (and soon will be included in RLwC 4.0), but the mod causes crashes and as far as I know, TheCompiler decided to replace it with Shadow Stripping Fix.

I thought the crashes were fixed awhile ago? Hmm, that's a shame because it's definitely a must-have mod in my book though I haven't tried Shadow Stripping Fix to see how it compares.

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=417&pid=11087#pid11087

So it's bugs, not crashes that seem to be prevalent with MDS.

Thanks, sorry I missed that thread, I've been out of the loop for a few weeks. Any info on exactly what bugs? And have they been reported to PuuLoo? he's pretty good at bug fixing. Although that "Volrath Enhanced Lights and Fixes - VELF" looks very promising too.

How can you people compare Shadow Striping Fix with MDS?

Shadow Striping Fix only fixes two lights in 2 interiors!!!!!! (Breezehome and Honeyside)

MDS fixes all striping lights (somewhere around 30,35 lights total) in all Skyrim interiors and it even provides striping fix for outdoors!!!

How can TheCompiler say it's buggy!

Does he have reports on the bugs?

Listen, i have tested this mod with as much mods as i can (around 200) individually and in groups and even on several PCs (mine PC,laptop and two of my friends' PC).

If TheCompiler doesn't have any reports on the bugs he mentioned then i assume this is some kind of a plot to throw MDS out of the bag.

I worked so hard to fix all these crashes because of deleted content and i spent weeks afterwards to disable every deleted light in every interior and in the meantime i reworked them all for better immersion and shadows!

I don't think Shadow Striping Fix can replace something like that.

And i don't think that the file which is hidden like 20 times a month can be of use to STEP users.

How can you people compare Shadow Striping Fix with MDS?

Shadow Striping Fix only fixes two lights in 2 interiors!!!!!! (Breezehome and Honeyside)

MDS fixes all striping lights (somewhere around 30,35 lights total) in all Skyrim interiors and it even provides striping fix for outdoors!!!

How can TheCompiler say it's buggy!

Does he have reports on the bugs?

Listen, i have tested this mod with as much mods as i can (around 200) individually and in groups and even on several PCs (mine PC,laptop and two of my friends' PC).

If TheCompiler doesn't have any reports on the bugs he mentioned then i assume this is some kind of a plot to throw MDS out of the bag.

I worked so hard to fix all these crashes because of deleted content and i spent weeks afterwards to disable every deleted light in every interior and in the meantime i reworked them all for better immersion and shadows!

I don't think Shadow Striping Fix can replace something like that.

And i don't think that the file which is hidden like 20 times a month can be of use to STEP users.

I'd like to know more about the specific bugs with MDS as well.

Can someone familiar with MDS bugs elaborate for us?

@Puuloo, nobody is plotting against you :rolleyes: