v2.2.5 Development

z929669

I see that there is a Even Better Quest Objectives Patch for the Paarthurnax Dilemma mod.

I suppose the load order would need to be changed then with these to as one is Section D and the other in Section M.

No, it's just a extra ESP, and it dosen't overwrite any files from the Paarthurnax Dilemma.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, what about these two mods?

Ancient Falmer Armor HD Retext & Redone - much better quality than the vanilla issues, and author is really responsive to my comments.

Argonian Sneak Tail Twist Fix - doesn't conflict with anything in STEP currently, and does not add a plugin. Even though it only affects beast races, it's a no-brainier fix in my book.

Following this page ' date=' Distant Decal Fix seems to have become obsolete since the version 1.3.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.

Shouldn't we remove it from STEP ? 

Same for StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp, in SMIM shouldn't we add a comment in the wiki ?

I noticed he said that but there are multiple more meshes in the Distant Decal Fix than in the USKP right now.

As for the SMIM esp... I looked and the USKP does in fact make it fully obsolete. However, the TernFix esp for Dragonborn is NOT obsolete.

So to confirm, the SMIM ESP is NOT needed in STEP?

Also, what about these two mods?

Ancient Falmer Armor HD Retext & Redone - much better quality than the vanilla issues, and author is really responsive to my comments.

Argonian Sneak Tail Twist Fix - doesn't conflict with anything in STEP currently, and does not add a plugin. Even though it only affects beast races, it's a no-brainier fix in my book.

Let's take a look ...

Following this page ' date=' Distant Decal Fix seems to have become obsolete since the version 1.3.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.

Shouldn't we remove it from STEP ? 

Same for StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp, in SMIM shouldn't we add a comment in the wiki ?

I noticed he said that but there are multiple more meshes in the Distant Decal Fix than in the USKP right now.

As for the SMIM esp... I looked and the USKP does in fact make it fully obsolete. However, the TernFix esp for Dragonborn is NOT obsolete.

So to confirm, the SMIM ESP is NOT needed in STEP?

Right StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp is fully covered by the USKP. STEP users still need to use the TernFix for Dragonborn though.

I see that there is a Even Better Quest Objectives Patch for the Paarthurnax Dilemma mod.

I suppose the load order would need to be changed then with these to as one is Section D and the other in Section M.

Is this why my Paarthurnax Dilemma mod isn't working? It tells me to go talk to the Blades but there are no dialogue options to make this mod work. Hopefully this will fix that. 

No, it's just a extra ESP, and it dosen't overwrite any files from the Paarthurnax Dilemma.
@deadlyrythm & joshkope

Remember that "load" order is not the same as "install" order. The first corresponds to "override" (an implicit conflict ... when changes from one plugin affect the same targets as those from another plugin in-game) and the second corresponds  to "overwrite" (an explicit conflict ... when one asset replaces another in the file system). BOSS manages implicit plugin conflicts, and STEP install order manages explicit resource conflicts.

... so it doesn't matter if one is in Sec D and the other in Sec M of STEP install order.

@deadlyrythm & joshkope

Remember that "load" order is not the same as "install" order. The first corresponds to "override" (an implicit conflict ... when changes from one plugin affect the same targets as those from another plugin in-game) and the second corresponds  to "overwrite" (an explicit conflict ... when one asset replaces another in the file system). BOSS manages implicit plugin conflicts, and STEP install order manages explicit resource conflicts.

... so it doesn't matter if one is in Sec D and the other in Sec M of STEP install order.

No I meant that maybe the patch will cause the mod to work. The Paarthurnax Dilemma mod has never worked for me. I thought maybe it was conflicting with Better Quest Objectives and maybe that patch would fix it. Otherwise it just sits in my quest inventory and is really annoying. 

@deadlyrythm & joshkope

No I meant that maybe the patch will cause the mod to work. The Paarthurnax Dilemma mod has never worked for me. I thought maybe it was conflicting with Better Quest Objectives and maybe that patch would fix it. Otherwise it just sits in my quest inventory and is really annoying. 
Nvm doesn't matter. I'm not seeing the patch anymore. It's only the main file again now. 

This coming weekend is the 2.2.5 release, so ...

for any more [ TESTING ] mods to be [ ACCEPTED ]/[ DENIED ], they will need either testing input or admin feedback on the stickied mod threads in MS.

For any [ ACCEPTED ] mods to make it into the guide, each will need a mod page created ([ ACCEPTED ]/[ DENIED ] mods are not stickied right now, since the sticky list is too long, so please refer to the OP to determine which mods need a mod page and how to create one)

I will be spending most of my time seeing to mod order (i.e., updating my own STEP install) , changelog updates, and Guide updates ... and what little leftover time I have scanning these forums.

REMEMBER: Anyone in this community can help!

Cutting it a little close for mod suggestions, but since Wet and Cold has been reinstated in this release, there's no real reason not to introduce it's Dragonborn specific addon, Wet and Cold - Ashes. While this adds ash effects and gear to Wet and Cold, it also (more importantly) makes the origional mod work properly in Solstheim.

Unless there's a objection from a admin, I'm ready to create the wiki page for that mod.