v2.2.5 Development

z929669

I've come to realize what we are lacking... We are seriously lacking in proper Mod Testers. When it comes down to actually testing the new candidates, the Testers are nowhere to be found. Only a few select people are the ones I've noticed contributing in that area. I think it's time to start demoting those that have not contributed in some time back to normal users so we can actually see how many "active" Testers we have and how many more we need.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've come to realize what we are lacking... We are seriously lacking in proper Mod Testers. When it comes down to actually testing the new candidates' date=' the Testers are nowhere to be found. Only a few select people are the ones I've noticed contributing in that area. I think it's time to start demoting those that have not contributed in some time back to normal users so we can actually see how many "active" Testers we have and how many more we need.[/quote']

I agree ... :whistling: ... but for a few like WI. I realize that this kind of activity is not really very "fun", but it is necessary and is worth a monetary contribution to the project in my book :yes:

I've come to realize what we are lacking... We are seriously lacking in proper Mod Testers. When it comes down to actually testing the new candidates' date=' the Testers are nowhere to be found. Only a few select people are the ones I've noticed contributing in that area. I think it's time to start demoting those that have not contributed in some time back to normal users so we can actually see how many "active" Testers we have and how many more we need.[/quote']

I agree ... :whistling: ... but for a few like WI. I realize that this kind of activity is not really very "fun"' date=' but it is necessary and is worth a monetary contribution to the project in my book :yes:[/quote']

Pardon? I've only been officially a mod tester for a few days, and I'm in the process of setting up my STEP installation for testing. 

I agree ... :whistling: ... but for a few like WI. I realize that this kind of activity is not really very "fun"' date=' but it is necessary and is worth a monetary contribution to the project in my book :yes:[/quote']

Pardon? I've only been officially a mod tester for a few days, and I'm in the process of setting up my STEP installation for testing. 

I suppose I should have clarified the context of my statement ... and you have supplied a lot of relevant testing data to be sure. Especially appreciated are plugin conflict details provided mostly by you ahd Kelmych .. and screen compares provided by rootsrat, PopReference and a few others

WI (I've noticed we'll abbreviated anything around here :teehee: ), you are one of the "few select people" of which I was talking about that is helping and contributing. The only ones that seems to be working are the Admins, one or two Mod Testers, and the Moderators. Personally, I don't mind Mod Testing and doing compares. My only issues currently is time and that is the main issue here I think. We need more helpers because we're all limited on time to an extent.

I'm busy with real life and won't be able to contribute to STEP any time soon. Feel free to demote me to whatever rank.

I still follow the updates and progress on fairly regular basis, although I haven't been on Nexus in a while and getting my mods list up to date is not a priority to me, since I have some unrelated hardware issues and no time to really sort them out. Another issue is that when I actually find the time to spend some time here and see how I can contribute, I'm overwhelmed with the number of threads and new posts, which slows down any progress I could make towards catching up with you.

Whilst I still have some time to play video games, I find Skyrim generally boring on its own and maintaining an up to date STEP + gameplay mods list is time consuming and frustrating.

That said, congratulations on the progress and I hope you guys will be able to increase the popularity of the project and keep on going towards the ultimate Skyrim experience.

I'm busy with real life and won't be able to contribute to STEP any time soon. Feel free to demote me to whatever rank.

I still follow the updates and progress on fairly regular basis, although I haven't been on Nexus in a while and getting my mods list up to date is not a priority to me, since I have some unrelated hardware issues and no time to really sort them out. Another issue is that when I actually find the time to spend some time here and see how I can contribute, I'm overwhelmed with the number of threads and new posts, which slows down any progress I could make towards catching up with you.

Whilst I still have some time to play video games, I find Skyrim generally boring on its own and maintaining an up to date STEP + gameplay mods list is time consuming and frustrating.

That said, congratulations on the progress and I hope you guys will be able to increase the popularity of the project and keep on going towards the ultimate Skyrim experience.

I actually encountered the same problem, and I currently play other games whilst still trying to keep up with the general progress here on the boards. I've been keeping my mods up to date, and more or less in order, though, so I'll start my test runs now and give some feedback on the testing mods.

I'll try to provide some testing results later today. I'm quite busy' date=' but hey, why should we sleep at night actually? ;-)[/quote']

Forum mods help plenty in their roles, but we'll take anything we can get :P

My testing is basically just add a given mod to my Skyrim Revisited list then use the console to get to the affected area quickly.

Since I have not really played the game though I am not doing any sort of quest mod tests since I do not really want to spoil the game for myself!

I guess that really limits my contributions to the visual aspect of the game more or less!

So' date=' I hope that was enough testing for one day. If you need further feedback, come back on me tomorrow...[/quote']

Thank you, sir. I have not had a chance to go through the MS Testing threads yet today... been finishing up the SGD update, which is finally done (will post to the Nexus tomorrow).

I'll dig into the workflow tomorrow, bedtime now :wacko: