Low grass density when using Grass Cache (Fixes)

Hello Community!

When i use Grass Cache Fixes and Uncomment bAllowCreateGrass, bAllowLoadGrass, bEnableGrassFade, and fGrassFadeRange i get a very low grass density:image.thumb.png.a874bc79ff8e57f3a1108cdc46b6666f.png

Normally it looks like this:

image.thumb.png.f18078b5d0ae80f2e153be5e614be098.png

Importantly to say i use a pregenerated Grass cache from the nexus.
Does this just mean the guy who generated this grass cache generated it with a very low density or could this be anywhere else on my side? This of course that also impacts my dyndolod grass in distance(which isnt shown on the pictures cause i wanted to eliminate dyndolod as an error source). I use QW's grass patch.
A also appended my modlist

modlist.txt

I know i probably should generate the grass myself but because its a very time consuming process i want to ask beforehand if theres maybe another solution.

Thank you very much in advance!

Greetings Hardwehr

(PS: im often getting 502 bad gateway errors as im writing this post, is this a problem atm?)

That means the grass was pregenerated with very low density. To fix you would need to pregenerate your own with your own density. If you don't wish to, you might be able to get away with generating grass lod only and just using regular grass in full cells. If you do so, set the grass lod in DynDOLOD to the full 100% for the grass lod so it is as full as possible.

• 5 months later...

I'm sorry for necroing this post, but I'm generating my own cache, and Im using Grass Cache Helper NG. When I generate my grass with NGIO, my grass in game is very small and sparse. I know there's a way to make your grass the way you want it to be before you generate the cache, but I don't know where to start to get that going.

6 hours ago, Sleipnir_Schwanz49 said:

I'm sorry for necroing this post, but I'm generating my own cache, and Im using Grass Cache Helper NG. When I generate my grass with NGIO, my grass in game is very small and sparse. I know there's a way to make your grass the way you want it to be before you generate the cache, but I don't know where to start to get that going.

Are you following the Grass LOD Guide?

Game INI settings matter as do other settings mentioned.

Use BethINI for the correct grass distance (and all other) settings.

I have read it through once more, and Ive sought help from the author of GCH NG, and I actually noticed that the INIs in NGIO can overwrite the grass settings in my games INIs. I will attempt to disable that in NGIO and generate a cache and see if my grass will be the size and density that I want it to be. I still feel very, very new to grass caching so I appreciate your patience.

11 hours ago, Sleipnir_Schwanz49 said:

I have read it through once more, and Ive sought help from the author of GCH NG, and I actually noticed that the INIs in NGIO can overwrite the grass settings in my games INIs. I will attempt to disable that in NGIO and generate a cache and see if my grass will be the size and density that I want it to be. I still feel very, very new to grass caching so I appreciate your patience.

The settings we recommend for NGIO are optimal and should be used. If you are running 1.5.97, then NGIO will persist in your mod list, and those grass settings apply. If you are running SSE 1.6.xxx, then NGIO will not persist, and those settings should be applied to the game INIs (which is why I said to use BethINI ... it ensures your game INIs have the correct values for grass fade/density regardless of NGIO).

I see, I am running 1.5.97, and when I was asking the author of GCH NG for help as prior to this conversation, I was having an issue with grass simply not showing up despite me having a cache. However, the grass mod I am using is called Cathedral Landscapes, and I noticed that has its own grass ini that affects grass density. But at this point in my testing, I have NGIO and GCH NG disabled as Im trying to find the best balance for my LO before I generate a cache.

Edited by Sleipnir_Schwanz49