Navigator - Navmesh Fixes (by tarlazo)

Mousetick

Discussion topic:
Navigator - Navmesh Fixes by tarlazo
Wiki Link

Fixes and improves vanilla navmeshes.

Skyrim has notoriously bad navmeshes in some places. USSEP fixes a few of those. This mod covers more of them. Only interior cells are covered, mostly dungeons, to avoid conflicts with other mods.

This not only helps the movement of followers/summons, but all NPCs: neutral, allies, and more importantly enemies. Have you ever felt disappointed because the boss was stuck in a doorway or behind a pillar during the entire battle? This mod is intended to alleviate this issue.

Notes:

• As recommended on the mod page, choose the All-In-One ESL option, and sort it high in load order if LOOT doesn't it do for you.
  • Don't clean with xEdit. ITMs are intentional and may break the mod if removed.

Very interesting and worthy of consideration.

Testing is a bit tedious though, so I'm not tagging it for consideration unless you can vouch any specific use cases confirming it resolves said specific navmesh issues and doesn't 'break' anything else unexpectedly?

That's^ rhetorical mostly. I can check the Nexus mod page for details ... I just do not want to 'test' this one, since I don't know offhand of any particular use cases on which to test.

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2022 at 7:06 PM, z929669 said:

Very interesting and worthy of consideration.

Testing is a bit tedious though, so I'm not tagging it for consideration unless you can vouch any specific use cases confirming it resolves said specific navmesh issues and doesn't 'break' anything else unexpectedly?

That's^ rhetorical mostly. I can check the Nexus mod page for details ... I just do not want to 'test' this one, since I don't know offhand of any particular use cases on which to test.

Did you do any testing on this one?

6 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

This is prime territory for USSEP and I'm surprised they haven't absorbed it. Usually when the don't absorb mods like this, it's because there aren't really issues to begin with or they think they've already corrected them.

Ah, i see, :)

48 minutes ago, Mercury71 said:

Did you do any testing on this one?

No testing per se from me, but I've been playing with it for hundreds of hours, which is why I recommended it. Formally testing before/after with/without would be a very tedious and time-consuming exercise.

It's good quality stuff, as all the other stuff this MA puts out, IMHO. As can be seen by the number of reported bugs compared to the number of downloads for this mod.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/27/2022 at 12:19 AM, Mousetick said:

Discussion topic:
Navigator - Navmesh Fixes by tarlazo
Wiki Link

Fixes and improves vanilla navmeshes.

Skyrim has notoriously bad navmeshes in some places. USSEP fixes a few of those. This mod covers more of them. Only interior cells are covered, mostly dungeons, to avoid conflicts with other mods.

This not only helps the movement of followers/summons, but all NPCs: neutral, allies, and more importantly enemies. Have you ever felt disappointed because the boss was stuck in a doorway or behind a pillar during the entire battle? This mod is intended to alleviate this issue.

Notes:

• As recommended on the mod page, choose the All-In-One ESL option, and sort it high in load order if LOOT doesn't it do for you.
  • Don't clean with xEdit. ITMs are intentional and may break the mod if removed.

I added wiki instructions. Please check that you agree with the options.

• 5 months later...