ElSopa - HD Keys Redone SE (by ElSopa)

CorneliusC

So, what would happen if you left the original mod enabled lower in the load order and created a 'clutter' folder for the redone mod and moved all of the textures .dds files into it and then hid the ebony key files.  This wouldn't let the original mod show that more-vanilla like key?

image.thumb.png.5eaa525c58e4d4632fd2b5267c70245e.png

42 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

So, what would happen if you left the original mod enabled lower in the load order and created a 'clutter' folder for the redone mod and moved all of the textures .dds files into it and then hid the ebony key files.  This wouldn't let the original mod show that more-vanilla like key?

image.thumb.png.5eaa525c58e4d4632fd2b5267c70245e.png

This would give you this mod's keys with the vanilla ebony key mesh and the ElSopa - HD Keys texture.

That would certainly work, and I honestly hadn't considered it (because the mesh-texture pairings are as each mod expects, so UV maps are as intended for each).

This would be an option if others prefer it, but I like to avoid hiding files and using two mods instead of one if possible. So I still favor simply using this mod as is but am not against this approach.

PS: I also think the ElSopa - HD Keys ebony key is not a good retexture. I prefer vanilla over that. I think this mod's ebony key has a better appearance than both as well even though it's design is a deviation: it still has the 'flavor' of the vanilla ebony key, IMO.

16 minutes ago, z929669 said:

This would give you this mod's keys with the vanilla ebony key mesh and the ElSopa - HD Keys texture.

That would certainly work, and I honestly hadn't considered it (because the mesh-texture pairings are as each mod expects, so UV maps are as intended for each).

This would be an option if others prefer it, but I like to avoid hiding files and using two mods instead of one if possible. So I still favor simply using this mod as is but am not against this approach.

PS: I also think the ElSopa - HD Keys ebony key is not a good retexture. I prefer vanilla over that. I think this mod's ebony key has a better appearance than both as well even though it's design is a deviation: it still has the 'flavor' of the vanilla ebony key, IMO.

I agree, I like the Redone mod keys better, all 4 of them.  I was just curious if that scenario would work if someone preferred the more vanilla-like key.

• +1 1

• 2 weeks later...