DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

19 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log files to provide when making posts.

So adding the bounds actually did allow the billboards to be created for two of the three new trees.  The log:TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

... has lines:

[01:37] <Debug: Processing Aspens Ablaze.esp TreeAspen07 [TREE:29000D61]>
[01:37] <Debug: Ignoring Meshes\landscape\trees\treeaspen07.nif bounds volume 237.533157348633 Aspens Ablaze.esp TreeAspen07 [TREE:29000D61]>

Since the volume is < 512 (default) in TexGen_SSE.ini, I created a reference to test if I could force billboard creation for this tree, but no dice. Plugin name is "Aspens Ablaze.esp", and I placed the following file in:

{modRoot}\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_Billboards_aspensablazeesp.txt

DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_Billboards_aspensablazeesp.txt

My guess is that I have the file/path nomenclature wrong.

4 hours ago, z929669 said:

So adding the bounds actually did allow the billboards to be created for two of the three new trees.  The log:TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

... has lines:

[01:37] <Debug: Processing Aspens Ablaze.esp TreeAspen07 [TREE:29000D61]>
[01:37] <Debug: Ignoring Meshes\landscape\trees\treeaspen07.nif bounds volume 237.533157348633 Aspens Ablaze.esp TreeAspen07 [TREE:29000D61]>

Since the volume is < 512 (default) in TexGen_SSE.ini, I created a reference to test if I could force billboard creation for this tree, but no dice. Plugin name is "Aspens Ablaze.esp", and I placed the following file in:

{modRoot}\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_Billboards_aspensablazeesp.txt

DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_Billboards_aspensablazeesp.txt 37 B · 1 download

My guess is that I have the file/path nomenclature wrong.

The debug log shows:
<Debug: Loading DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_Billboards_aspensablazeesp.txt>

but doesn't list the line/tree.

Try adding ",True" specifically, I then get a line like this:
<Debug: Processing TreeAspen07,True Aspens Ablaze.esp TreeAspen07 [TREE:06000D61]>

The version oft he tree I have here is well over 700 in volume.

9 hours ago, sheson said:

The debug log shows:
<Debug: Loading DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_Billboards_aspensablazeesp.txt>

but doesn't list the line/tree.

Try adding ",True" specifically, I then get a line like this:
<Debug: Processing TreeAspen07,True Aspens Ablaze.esp TreeAspen07 [TREE:06000D61]>

The version oft he tree I have here is well over 700 in volume.

I will try adding ,"True" to the end of the text definition. If this does change things, I think you will either want to revise the documentation or let "True" be default as the doc impies without explicitly adding ,"False".

Regarding your tree volume: Did you download the Aspens Ablaze main file, and are you referring to the volume of TreeAspen07 as define in that? I downloaded this file as of May 24, and this tree along with 08/09 have '0' object bounds in Aspens Ablaze.esp as shown in my post-2

When I loaded This plugin into the CK, these three trees had 'blank' Size in the Object Window for Tamriel > Trees. I then right clicked the records of all TreeAspen01-09 to "Recalc Bounds" and saved. I have also looked at TreeAspen07 in Nifskope, and it is indeed small compared to the others (going from memory, as I am not at my home PC right now).

... perhaps I must also load the DLC objects to check those as well in the CK?

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

I will try adding ,"True" to the end of the text definition. If this does change things, I think you will either want to revise the documentation or let "True" be default as the doc impies without explicitly adding ,"False".

Regarding your tree volume: Did you download the Aspens Ablaze main file, and are you referring to the volume of TreeAspen07 as define in that? I downloaded this file as of May 24, and this tree along with 08/09 have '0' object bounds in Aspens Ablaze.esp as shown in my post-2

When I loaded This plugin into the CK, these three trees had 'blank' Size in the Object Window for Tamriel > Trees. I then right clicked the records of all TreeAspen01-09 to "Recalc Bounds" and saved. I have also looked at TreeAspen07 in Nifskope, and it is indeed small compared to the others (going from memory, as I am not at my home PC right now).

... perhaps I must also load the DLC objects to check those as well in the CK?

I just downloaded the latest v2.32. treeaspen07.nif and treeaspen09.nif are identical, so they have equal bounds generated.

5 hours ago, sheson said:

I just downloaded the latest v2.32. treeaspen07.nif and treeaspen09.nif are identical, so they have equal bounds generated.

The NIFs say differently:

image.png

image.png

Anyway, added the ",True" to end of line, and still no dice:

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_Billboards_aspensablazeesp.txt

Do I have the file name, location, and string content correct? I found an example in Configs folder, so changed from:

AspensAblaze.esp;03000D61;TreeAspen07,True

to

Aspens Ablaze.esp;03000D61;TreeAspen07,True

image.png

EDIT: Adding that space did the trick!

image.png

5 hours ago, z929669 said:

The NIFs say differently:

image.png

Anyway, added the ",True" to end of line, and still no dice:

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 972.26 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_Billboards_aspensablazeesp.txt 42 B · 1 download

Do I have the file name, location, and string content correct? I found an example in Configs folder, so changed from:

AspensAblaze.esp;03000D61;TreeAspen07,True

to

Aspens Ablaze.esp;03000D61;TreeAspen07,True

EDIT: Adding that space did the trick!

As I mentioned I downloaded 2.32, not 1.03.

Was there no space in the ..\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\Textures\terrain\lodgen\TexGen_SSE_Tree_Billboards.txt?
That is where I copied my line from as explained in the manual.

I am having some issues with Dyndolod 3.0 and grass LODs. When I just use DynDOLOD without NGIO, I don't get stutter but I am getting pop-in stutters when using grass LODs. Now I know NGIO on it's own causes some stuttering, but DynDOLOD is supposed to mitigate that. It doesn't seem to matter what grass mod I use, from fairly light weight grass that comes with Cathedral or heavier grass mods. It all results in the same thing. 

23 minutes ago, killerofkings2717 said:

I am having some issues with Dyndolod 3.0 and grass LODs. When I just use DynDOLOD without NGIO, I don't get stutter but I am getting pop-in stutters when using grass LODs. Now I know NGIO on it's own causes some stuttering, but DynDOLOD is supposed to mitigate that. It doesn't seem to matter what grass mod I use, from fairly light weight grass that comes with Cathedral or heavier grass mods. It all results in the same thing. 

Any stutter that happens when cells attach and full models/full grass loads has nothing to do with LOD.

DynDOLOD does not change anything in the load cells. DynDOLOD does not change how NGIO works.
Make sure grass is always loaded from cache. Issues with NGIO should be asked/discussed on its appropriate forum.

34 minutes ago, killerofkings2717 said:

Are you using an FPS monitor? DynDOLOD and NGIO both can cost enough in performance to cause stuttering. In my testing, terrain LOD costs me 5 FPS, and DynDOLOD can cost me a minimum of 10 FPS on the very lowest settings (and I have a pretty beefy box). Add ENB, and you are losing at least another 5-40 FPS. If you have lower than 40 FPS, you can start seeing some stutter or 'lagginess'.

Look at the second post and try some of the recommendations under the 'performance' section.

If that doesn't help with the stutter, check that DynDOLOD works as intended by generating LOD without NGIO active in your mod list. If that doesn't have stutter, then try disabling the DynDOLOD mod (created from your output) and run NGIO using the recommended settings.

These WIP instructions for DynDOLOD w/wo grass LOD should help (sheson has not yet fully vetted, so take his advice over ours if conflicting)

On 5/28/2021 at 12:18 PM, z929669 said:

Are you using an FPS monitor? DynDOLOD and NGIO both can cost enough in performance to cause stuttering. In my testing, terrain LOD costs me 5 FPS, and DynDOLOD can cost me a minimum of 10 FPS on the very lowest settings (and I have a pretty beefy box). Add ENB, and you are losing at least another 5-40 FPS. If you have lower than 40 FPS, you can start seeing some stutter or 'lagginess'.

Look at the second post and try some of the recommendations under the 'performance' section.

If that doesn't help with the stutter, check that DynDOLOD works as intended by generating LOD without NGIO active in your mod list. If that doesn't have stutter, then try disabling the DynDOLOD mod (created from your output) and run NGIO using the recommended settings.

These WIP instructions for DynDOLOD w/wo grass LOD should help (sheson has not yet fully vetted, so take his advice over ours if conflicting)

DynDOLOD works fine without NGIO, and I believe NGIO is prone to stuttering without DynDOLOD from what I read over on the comment section side of NGIO (I don't think the mod author has been active in a while, so there are a few members there that have been hanging around and being helpful). I get stutter with and without generating terrain LOD - and with just DynDOLOD without terrain LOD and NGIO, I get a steady 60fps and only dip for a second when it stutters when loading in a cell. 

Not sure how relevant this will be, but my landscape textures and grass mods are relatively lightweight in comparison to others - I'm just going with the Cathedral Landscapes (with it's default grass) setup for now with Majestic Mountains with Rudy's ENB for Cathedral Weathers on top of it. I have an Intel Core i9-109000k CPU, 32GB of RAM, and a RTX 2080 Super. I've seen people with lower specs with a lot of heavier mods getting steady gameplay with the DynDOLOD and NGIO setup which is why I'm a bit confused. 

But I'll give the WIP Instructions link a look and see how much it helps out and get back to you. Thanks for the link. 

9 minutes ago, prheinhart said:

Having trouble adjusting grass LOD brightness using folkvangr with Cathedral Weathers and Rudy ENB (zangdar's edit).  Can anyone suggest good settings for the top ang bottom rgb brightness settings?

The settings under the spoiler here work well for Cathedral Landscapes grass. You can test with ENB and lower all by, say, 0.1 if they are still too bright.

So... I've just done a clean wipe and install of SSE... and I just wanted to make sure I get this right.  I've scoured the forum but find a good deal of it tough to understand so if someone could please let me know if I'm missing any steps here, it would be greatly appreciated.  I'm going to be using a combination of (in order) Dense Nordic Forests, Alpine Forest of Whiterun Hold, Myrkvior, Bent Pines 2 and Skyrim 3D Landscapes for trees and Folkvangr (summer edition with enhanced landscapes included) for landscapes/grass.  My step by step looks like this... theoretically.

1. Download and install Dyndolod/DynDOLOD Resources v3 and the mods (without Indistinguishable Billboards or provided billboards) as per the instructions on Gamer Poets tutorial

2. Generate precached grass with No Grass in Objects (with No Grassias installed)

3. Remove billboards provided by any mods which include them

3. Run Texgen to provide custom billboards

4. Run DynDOLOD with the settings recommended on the Myrkvior page for UltraLOD

5. Enjoy.

I feel like I need to apologize for this post... I'm not trying to 'shortcut' or anything but after months of watching many tutorials that seem to be outdated and trying my level best to understand the advice in these forums and the RTFM manual (I failed grade 9 four times due to an inability to grasp complicated... everything), I've gotten close but have never gotten it right.  I want to create a LO that I can literally play until I die because it's just that beautiful.  So... if anyone can just let me know additional steps... or if I'm doing something wrong, I would genuinely be in your debt.  Maybe even make a video for other dummies like me who just want to enjoy the most perfect Skyrim they're capable of making.

Edited by BrotherShamus