SkyrimSE:No Grass In Objects
No Grass In Objectsby meh321
Guide/Version-Specific Mod Recommendations
Download "Grass Control" from Main Files and install as normal.
Also Download "Grass Generation MO Plugin v1" and open it in 7-Zip.
- From Windows Explorer, navigate to
- Drag GrassPrecacher.py into the MO Plugins directory.
- Close and restart MO.
The following configuration applies to all users, regardless of whether or not grass LOD will be generated using DynDLOD. Precaching grass is necessary for this mod to resolve some specific stuttering issues when loading cells outdoors in grassy areas. Precaching also generally improves performance in these areas. Precaching grass is also required by DynDOLOD to generate grass LOD, but this mod has nothing to do with grass LOD otherwise:
DynDOLODGrassMode is coupled to DynDOLOD SSE
GrassLargeReference INI setting, so be certain to change that setting as noted on that mod page.
- Double click on the mod in the MO left pane
- Click on the "Text Files" tab to modify GrassControl.config.txt
- Find the following settings and edit as follows:
ExtendGrassDistance = True OverwriteGrassDistance = 24000 OverwriteGrassFadeRange = 12000 OverwriteMinGrassSize = 60 OnlyLoadFromCache = TrueDynDOLODGrassMode = 0
This process will take between 20-120 minutes to complete, depending on hardware. There is no need to monitor or click 'OK' when restarts occur.
- Click the button in MO, and select "Precache Grass"
- If previous instructions were followed, a new
/grass/directory containing precached *.cgid files will appear within the SKSE64 mod. Otherwise, it will appear in the MO Overwrite folder (if so, drag the
/grass/folder into the SKSE64 mod) AND revisit previous instructions!