DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

56 minutes ago, ianjoseph1986 said:

Hi Sheson

I did read the articles that you posted to me. i dont understand very much all of it. its quite complex info for me.  but from what i understood. i could not solve my problem there.

I am adding a texgen log into an attachment.

I always make sure my texgen output is checked and loaded before i run dyndolod. so that's definitely not the issue. I think the issue is that for some reason Texgen is creating billboards for my oak tree. the one i place in creation kit. because when i open creation kit with dyndolod active.. i can see my tree lods in the distant. that is no problem.

But i am running a Seasons ini file with my mod. that in game.... alters the vanilla Oak tree model for seasons one.. so 4 seasons nifs for each tree to match the seasons:  summer. autumn, winter and spring. ( so in game, the vanilla nif trees are never shown. only in ck )

and even tho. those nif files are with their corresponding textures in the mod folder..for some reason texgen is not creating the billboards.

TexGen_SSE_log.txt 225.39 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt 692.7 kB · 0 downloads

You did not upload the TexGen debug log as explained on the first post.

The TexGen log you uploaded does not show that it generated a billboard for oak02autumn for example.

DynDOLOD can only find billboards that do exist in the load order.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen-Configuration#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards explains how TexGen uses the object bounds to determine for which trees to generate billboards automatically. It has a screeshot from xEdit showing the object bounds. It explains how to use CK to generate valid object bounds. I also explains how to use config files to force creation of billboards either way.

The words "objects bounds" link to the page https://dyndolod.info/Help/Object-Bounds. The page again shows a screenshot of xEdit showing objects bounds of a tree base record. It also explains how to use the right click context menu 'Recalc Bounds' in the Creation Kit Object Window (links to CK wiki https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Object_Window).

The reason why TexGen does not generate a billboard can typically be found in its debug log.

Hi Sheson, i really appreciate all the help. i will start digging into the information you gave me. i don't understand so much on the subject, but i will investigate.

i uploaded the wrong log, here i will upload the right one, i found it. if you can please see whats wrong in there i would be very appreciated.

i had to zip it because it was more than 8 mb

thank you so much

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.rar

50 minutes ago, ianjoseph1986 said:

Hi Sheson, i really appreciate all the help. i will start digging into the information you gave me. i don't understand so much on the subject, but i will investigate.

i uploaded the wrong log, here i will upload the right one, i found it. if you can please see whats wrong in there i would be very appreciated.

i had to zip it because it was more than 8 mb

thank you so much

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.rar 364.41 kB · 0 downloads

Going by example of Oak02Autumn we can see this in the debug log:

[00:01] [GetRequiredBillboards] <Debug: Ignoring Meshes\landscape\trees\vonef\oak02autumn.nif bounds volume 0, height 0 RealisticOaks.esp Oak02Autumn [TREE:B6000D63]>

If you load the plugin into xEdit and check the base recrod you will most likely find all the object bounds values are 0.

Just load the plugin with CK, mark all its TREE base records and right click, select recalc bounds. Save.

If you load the plugin after that in xEdit again, you will see the base records now have object bounds. If they are "large" enough, they will now be picked up by TexGen.

On 5/29/2022 at 2:12 AM, mrudat said:

I was having an error when attempting to use a Smelter (the constructible one at Goldenhills Plantation, though it looks like the outdoor HF smelters should have similar behaviour, though I haven't tested those), "Someone else is using this"; I finally got around to investigating why this particular smelter wasn't working.

In DynDOLOD.esm, built with alpha 92, a reference to `CraftingSmelterMarker1 "Smelter" [FURN:0009C6CE]` is replaced with 'CraftingSmelterMarker01_DynDOLOG_NOFLAG "Smelter" [FURN:190017E4]'.

CraftingSmelterMarker1 has three things that CraftingSmelterMarker1_DynDOLOG_NOFLAG does not:

• the 'Has Distant LOD' flag
  • MNAM - Active Markers is present with the values Sit 0 and Unknown 31
  • WBDT - Workbench Data/Uses Skill has the value Smithing while the DynDOLOD_NOFLAG has the value None

Reverting the edit to the reference, so that it points to CraftingSmelterMarker1 again, allows use of the smelter once more; it also allows NPCs to use the idle marker at the smelter. I expect that this has other effects that are undesirable, otherwise the reference wouldn't have been replaced.

WBDT - Workbench Data/Uses Skill - Smithing on CraftingSmelterMarker1 comes from Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remastered.esp, and is faithfully copied into DynDOLOD.esp, which is where the 'Has Distant LOD' flag is added as well.

MNAM - Active Markers comes from Skyrim.esm, and I'm uncertain what benefit removing it has; ...do markers work even if the reference is disabled?

I'm going to try copying MNAM and WBDT from CraftingSmelterMarker1 -> CraftingSmelterMarker1_DynDOLOD_NOFLAG to see if that also allows using the Smelter.

I can not reproduce this with Alpha-92 and Skyrim AE. There is no change to xxxxxE60 in ccvsvsse004-beafarmer.esl or any other reference using 0009C6CE.
As mentioned earlier, a similar issue with a Hearthfire smelter was reported before and was already addressed in Alpha 89.

Make sure you are actually using the latest version. Unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new and empty folder.

Crashed while generating dynamic LOD in alpha 92. (Error: Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 17465) while processing Glenmoril.esm [REFR:1C000E6B] (places zzzRevDeadHillDockStrent04 [STAT:1C000D8B] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of RevPortWorm01 [CELL:1C001A52] (in zRevNamiraRealm "Surtsbrunnr" [WRLD:1C000D62] at -8,-1))

Bugreport attached.

Logs: https://mega.nz/file/FwMy1SgY#97RtdF4n0J7nLdvKS9-wILFBcyVry6IC5AMOupj1uVw

bugreport.txt

1 hour ago, DarthVitrial said:

Crashed while generating dynamic LOD in alpha 92. (Error: Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 17465) while processing Glenmoril.esm [REFR:1C000E6B] (places zzzRevDeadHillDockStrent04 [STAT:1C000D8B] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of RevPortWorm01 [CELL:1C001A52] (in zRevNamiraRealm "Surtsbrunnr" [WRLD:1C000D62] at -8,-1))

Bugreport attached.

Logs: https://mega.nz/file/FwMy1SgY#97RtdF4n0J7nLdvKS9-wILFBcyVry6IC5AMOupj1uVw

bugreport.txt 171.8 kB · 1 download

That is not repeatable, is it?

On 5/24/2022 at 1:47 AM, sheson said:

Normally full grass has no normal maps. Hence the grass LOD billboard generation uses the default flat normal map as substitute.
Complex grass now has a normal map texture, so the grass LOD billboard generation uses it. Since object LOD requires normal map texture, and so does grass LOD, nothing else needs to change. Since complex full grass has normal maps too now, it means the grass LOD billboard direct/ambient light settings in TexGen and/or the GrassBrightness* INI settings most likely need adjusting. If ENB uses the "standard" shader for complex grass so it behaves like everything else including object LOD, then it the light between full grass / grass LOD should now behave full trees and HD tree billboards with Billboard1. Maybe try same direct/ambient light as HD billboards and the same values RGB GrassBrightnessTop* and GrassBrightnessBottom* respectively, so the color tone is not changed. 

If there is difference between full grass and grass LOD that me and speculate on, make a screenshot directly looking at it. All the screenshot you posted shows me is that there is grass LOD in the distance and there is full grass in the front. Maybe they are supposed to be different grass. Maybe the grass LOD needs brightness adjustment. Maybe a certain full grass has no billboard. Maybe the full grass fades badly because of its mipmaps.

Obviously, determine a specific full grass model in question and check its generated billboard texture looks as expected.

------

The temp textures filenames TexGen adds to the billboards txt seem to be wrong, since they are unlikely to be the texture filename(s) defined in the ferngrass01a.nif.
So ignore the message about the textures for now until next version.

Just wondering if the consistency check file paths/reference issue was addressed in Alpha 93, as it's not obvious to me in the changelog. If it has been fixed, I will test sooner rather than later. I'm in the midst of creating my own complex grass versions for Cathedral Landscapes to see if I can't make the normals behave a bit more predictably.

12 hours ago, DarthVitrial said:

it happened like  twice out of 20 runs, so it seems it was just that rare race condition popping up.

See if there is any difference with Alpha-93.

7 hours ago, z929669 said:

Just wondering if the consistency check file paths/reference issue was addressed in Alpha 93, as it's not obvious to me in the changelog. If it has been fixed, I will test sooner rather than later. I'm in the midst of creating my own complex grass versions for Cathedral Landscapes to see if I can't make the normals behave a bit more predictably.

Yes it should have. I forgot to add it to the changelog.

• Like 1

Hi - I've been running Dyndolod now for around 8 hours and it's still not completed. There's no error logs as it is still running - I get the occasional bit of activity but I'm sure this isn't right!
Specs are Intel Core i7-3770K CPU@ 3.50GHz, 16GB RAM, 8GB Asus Rog Strix Geforce GTX 1080

Anyone come across it being this slow or what I should be looking to do? It's still running currently and using a bit of memory (around 1-2k MBs) but very little cpu - up to 1%

Edited by Emayn

1 hour ago, Emayn said:

Hi - I've been running Dyndolod now for around 8 hours and it's still not completed. There's no error logs as it is still running - I get the occasional bit of activity but I'm sure this isn't right!
Specs are Intel Core i7-3770K CPU@ 3.50GHz, 16GB RAM, 8GB Asus Rog Strix Geforce GTX 1080

Anyone come across it being this slow or what I should be looking to do? It's still running currently and using a bit of memory (around 1-2k MBs) but very little cpu - up to 1%

No  load order or used settings were provided.
The main log and debug log will be saved when the program is closed. Until then the messages log can be copied and pasted to the clipboard or screenshotted if everything else fails to show what the current process is. 

For the vanilla game with default settings TexGen should take about 2 min, DynDOLOD about 5.

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ under "DynDOLOD/TexGen Questions" check the answers for "Long running time or output several GB in file size" and "High memory usage"

Hello, I'm encountering a problem related to Dyndolod 3.0 where I get a cyclic error as seen in the attached image image.thumb.png.48668263797b03e92926141c58e066f4.png . I've attempted to address this by making 0Kaidan.esp an esm file via SSEedit but the same error just moves to another mod in relation to Dyndolod (I've also checked the masters of Kaidan in sseedit to confirm Dyndolod wasn't a master for some reason, which it isn't) . My Dyndolod log files are too big to attach to this post but the portion of them in the image image.thumb.png.fc862cb217fc64151cd1e968229c9f9d.png seems to imply that Dyndolod had generated successfully, which had seemed to be the problem that the last user I saw on the forum who encountered this problem faced. I've also attempted to regen the Dyndolod files to confirm this issue, and after regening them it seems to be the case. I'm unsure how to proceed from here and any assistance regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Edit1 - Added bugreport.txt as an attachment

bugreport.txt

Edited by SidDaNumidium
Edit1 - Added bugreport.txt as an attachment