DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

20 minutes ago, m1sf1t711 said:

Sorry - Texgen worked perfectly but now running DynDOLOD Alpha 92 it failed with the error:

Error: Can not resolve large reference in Dragonborn.esm for cell [3,-6] in Reference #0 for Dragonborn.esm DLC2ApocryphaWorld "Apocrypha" [WRLD:0401C0B2]
Forced

bugreport.txt 134.33 kB · 0 downloads

Upload log and debug log.

Then just try again.

Been trying to finish my load order and finally start playing but something's preventing dyndolod from rendering any object LOD as seen in this screenshot. I've tried with/without grass LOD, with/without tree LOD, with/without occlusion, with/without bashed/synthesis patches, both v3 alpha and v2.98 as well as the new alpha 92, they all result  in the same issue. I'm assuming it's something wrong with my load order but what it is exactly is beyond me.

DynDOLOD Debug Log and Log

I've used DynDOLOD in the past, circa 2019, and haven't encountered anything like this before. Came back to Skyrim because of all the great new mods that have been released but I'm stuck on this last issue. Any help in pinpointing the cause is much appreciated.

On 5/17/2022 at 1:14 PM, sheson said:

There are "some" grass NIFs with a UV scale set to zero which causes them to not have billboards generated with the current version because they render all transparent. The grass shader in the game ignores that setting, so the grasses still show.

Next version of TexGen will ignore the UV scale for grass LOD billboard creation, too. For the text it now has 53 billboards in LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.txt.

grass.jpg

The border between full grass and LOD goes about from the lower left third to the right half. TexGen grass direct light is 140, ambient 25.
Some of the full model grasses need better mipmaps with alpha coverage, as they currently fade into nothing before the cell border.

TexGen_SSE_Grass_Billboards.txt 14.21 kB · 1 download

Hey Sheson, wanted to let you know I ran Alpha 92 and everything is much better. Thanks again for all the time and effort you spent on this. It’s really appreciated!

7 hours ago, Suki said:

Been trying to finish my load order and finally start playing but something's preventing dyndolod from rendering any object LOD as seen in this screenshot. I've tried with/without grass LOD, with/without tree LOD, with/without occlusion, with/without bashed/synthesis patches, both v3 alpha and v2.98 as well as the new alpha 92, they all result  in the same issue. I'm assuming it's something wrong with my load order but what it is exactly is beyond me.

DynDOLOD Debug Log and Log

I've used DynDOLOD in the past, circa 2019, and haven't encountered anything like this before. Came back to Skyrim because of all the great new mods that have been released but I'm stuck on this last issue. Any help in pinpointing the cause is much appreciated.

Looks like the object LOD distances are very short. Check/Increase their settings  https://dyndolod.info/Help/Object-LOD#Settings and https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu#Settings

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Looks like the object LOD distances are very short. Check/Increase their settings  https://dyndolod.info/Help/Object-LOD#Settings and https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu#Settings

Thanks for the reply, I just use BethINI's ultra preset but I went in-game and maxed out all the sliders in the MCM menu. I reloaded  the exterior cells and the problem still persists. I can upload my skyrim ini's but they're just whatever bethini sets, I haven't touched them.

Edited by Suki

52 minutes ago, Suki said:

Thanks for the reply, I just use BethINI's ultra preset but I went in-game and maxed out all the sliders in the MCM menu. I reloaded  the exterior cells and the problem still persists. I can upload my skyrim ini's but they're just whatever bethini sets, I haven't touched them.

Do not set the same value to all LOD levels. Set sane values / test with default INIs created by the game launcher.

DynDOLOD is not "rendering" LOD or changes how the engine/LOD works. DynDOLOD generates LOD meshes and textures. The game is loading the LOD meshes and textures and renders them. 

Open some of the generated object LOD BTO files in meshes\terrain\Tamriel\objects\ with NifSkope to check they contain object LOD.

If you are using Seasons of Skyrim SKSE, either generate LOD for all activated seasons or disable the LOD switching to nonexisting LOD files in its INI.

10 hours ago, sheson said:

Do not set the same value to all LOD levels. Set sane values / test with default INIs created by the game launcher.

DynDOLOD is not "rendering" LOD or changes how the engine/LOD works. DynDOLOD generates LOD meshes and textures. The game is loading the LOD meshes and textures and renders them. 

Open some of the generated object LOD BTO files in meshes\terrain\Tamriel\objects\ with NifSkope to check they contain object LOD.

If you are using Seasons of Skyrim SKSE, either generate LOD for all activated seasons or disable the LOD switching to nonexisting LOD files in its INI.

I only maxed the sliders to see the effect,  it's normally set to BethINI's ultra preset. I tried with Skyrim Launcher's defaults and it's still the same, no objects are loaded.

Opened some of the LOD meshes with NifSkope and they're preset, I believe this is dragonsreach. There is a BTO files that is just a flat square. I'm not sure if that's just for terrain purposes or what, but it's file size is tiny compared to the rest

I'm not using Seasons of Skyrim since it seemed like a pain to set up.

Really at a loss for what's causing this.

Edited by Suki

30 minutes ago, Suki said:

I only maxed the sliders to see the effect,  it's normally set to BethINI's ultra preset. I tried with Skyrim Launcher's defaults and it's still the same, no objects are loaded.

Opened some of the LOD meshes with NifSkope and they're preset, I believe this is dragonsreach. There are some BTO files that are just a flat square. I'm not sure if that's just for terrain purposes or what, but their file size is tiny compared to the rest

I'm not using Seasons of Skyrim since it seemed like a pain to set up.

Really at a loss for what's causing this.

If you use A Clear Map of Skyrim and you use the LOD32 version and fail to generate level 32 object lods, object lod can fail to load. 

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

If you use A Clear Map of Skyrim and you use the LOD32 version and fail to generate level 32 object lods, object lod can fail to load. 

zzzzz my god I'm an idiot, thank you very much for your insight. Remind me to always read the full description of mods... My game is now beautiful once again.

For anyone that's searching through this thread with the same problem as I had, please read the ENTIRE description for A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds for DynDOLOD settings.

Thank you sheson for this amazing tool, take my firstborn please.

Ran into an Item not found error, the faq tells me to post here for help.

Full error message: 

Item not found while processing Dragonborn.esm [REFR:0401740E] (places DLC2DwePlatBgCorOut01 [STAT:0401F151] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of DLC2NchardakExterior04 [CELL:0400EEA8] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at 20,9))
Error: Item not found while processing Dragonborn.esm [REFR:0401740E] (places DLC2DwePlatBgCorOut01 [STAT:0401F151] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of DLC2NchardakExterior04 [CELL:0400EEA8] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at 20,9))

Am using Dyndolod 3 alpha.

Logs annexed.

Debug_log file is 80 mb of text, I'm not uploading that sorry.

bugreport.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt