DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 Alpha 4 for Skyrim SE/VR is reporting a dead link/expired for Mega.

Is there anyway of altering the density of LOD grass? I've looked through the texgen doc but can't find anything. Theres quite a discrepancy in density between grasscontrol generated grass and LOD grass and its quite noticeable. Currently I have regular grass extended out a long way but it means a noticeable pause/stutter whenever new LOD grid loads. Theres also a colour difference but thats another story havn't fiddled around with settings of that yet.

If No Grass In Objects uses the same cgid files from the cache that were used to generate grass LOD, then for every full grass full model a billboard is placed. The only way that can be different if the cgid files changed since LOD generation or they are not used by No Grass In Objects.

Edited by sheson

Grass LOD (..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\GrassLOD.html)

Generating

Generate grass LOD billboards with TexGen and install the TexGen output as usual.

To enable grass LOD generation, set Grass=1 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini.

Generate object LOD as usual.

Are these settings good for generating grass with "No grass in objects"? I have 6GB of VRAM. Used to follow the Step Project SSE guide for Dyndolod beta and now suddenly I have too many options  ::D:

Thank you

post-16090-0-34953500-1610435283_thumb.jpg

Hmm. I set the grass distance in grasscontrolconfig.ini then generate a bunch of cgid files and set it use the cached files etc. Then generated dyndolod and this is the result. Generated it several times with various alphas and the result is the same. It does generate but its sparsely populated with grass lod

https://imgur.com/a/2HLSdmQ

This looks like some grass models have no billboards generated for them.

Check out the explanation for Tree/Grass LOD Billboards in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\TexGenConfiguration.html, especially the part about the OBND Object Bounds. Mod authors often forget to recalc the bounds in CK and for some grass they might be 0.

Hello, I was wondering if the new version of DynDOLOD is still compatible with Open Cities, following the appropriate procedure, the way the last version was? Or is it just flat out not compatible with Open Cities anymore? 

Hello, I was wondering if the new version of DynDOLOD is still compatible with Open Cities, following the appropriate procedure, the way the last version was? Or is it just flat out not compatible with Open Cities anymore? 

This is an ALPHA version. You are supposed to test things and report problems.

Use search to find posts about topics.

Read the included manual and contextual help.

It is Open Cities that is incompatible with CK/xLODGen/DynDOLOD object LOD generation, because Open Cities disables the LOD representation of the walled cities and instead places many models for which no LOD models exist.

Obviously the workaround explained in the DynDOLOD manual / contextual help works.

Edited by sheson

Is it normal for the process to take so much longer? Dyndolod without grass normally takes me about 30 minutes, that's with several DLC-sized mods, with grass it's been stuck just on Falskaar for well over an hour. LODGenx64 doesn't seem to be progressing (stuck on the same coord for about 30 minutes), but it's eating 50+ GB of my RAM.

Edited by ls2255

Is it normal for the process to take so much longer? Dyndolod without grass normally takes me about 30 minutes, that's with several DLC-sized mods, with grass it's been stuck just on Falskaar for well over an hour. LODGenx64 doesn't seem to be progressing (stuck on the same coord for about 30 minutes), but it's eating 50+ GB of my RAM.

How much physical RAM does the PC have?

See the troubleshooting section of the second post. Try limiting the threads to half number of cores. Just select the problematic worldspace see what happens.

I tried to run just Falskaar and it did a few coords, then no progress for almost an hour, so I stopped it. Now I'm trying to run everything except for Falskaar, but it's stuck on Tamriel now, kept making slow but steady progress for about 2 hours, hasn't moved for an hour.

I tried to run just Falskaar and it did a few coords, then no progress for almost an hour, so I stopped it. Now I'm trying to run everything except for Falskaar, but it's stuck on Tamriel now, kept making slow but steady progress for about 2 hours, hasn't moved for an hour.

You are not saying anything about memory or CPU usage.

Edited by sheson

This looks like some grass models have no billboards generated for them.

Check out the explanation for Tree/Grass LOD Billboards in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\TexGenConfiguration.html, especially the part about the OBND Object Bounds. Mod authors often forget to recalc the bounds in CK and for some grass they might be 0.

Ok so I read that and you were correct the object bounds were indeed all 0 so I recalculated that in the CK for all the grass records so they now all have bounds and ran texgen again. I looked inside the relevent output folders and billboards are indeed being generated for all the grass records but for some reason only two are being utilized during LOD generation. Both have custom models and thats fine and the billboards are fine but for some unknown reason they're the only two being utilized and I'm not sure why. I might try generating new cgid files see if that makes any difference

https://imgur.com/a/jNeeHh8

You are not saying anything about memory or CPU usage.

CPU usage is minimal, between 2-10% most of the time, with the occasional spike to around 50%, memory-wise it eats every bit of RAM it finds (haven't tried limiting anything yet), currently that's 55GB. There's also some disk activity (anywhere between 10 and 100MBps, it's an NVMe SSD), so it does seem to be doing something, just extremely slowly. Weird thing is it starts off quite fast (using a lot more CPU too), then eventually slows down to this complete crawl. 

Edited by ls2255

Ok so I read that and you were correct the object bounds were indeed all 0 so I recalculated that in the CK for all the grass records so they now all have bounds and ran texgen again. I looked inside the relevent output folders and billboards are indeed being generated for all the grass records but for some reason only two are being utilized during LOD generation. Both have custom models and thats fine and the billboards are fine but for some unknown reason they're the only two being utilized and I'm not sure why. I might try generating new cgid files see if that makes any difference

https://imgur.com/a/jNeeHh8

Ok I believe I know why only two lod grasses exist they are TundraGrass01 and TundraGrass03 respectively and both are vanilla records, they both contain custom grass meshes and thats fine apparently and billboards generated for them are fine but any new grass form i.d.'s added by mods don't get added to the LOD even though billboards for them do get generated.

Edited by soupdragon