DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

In the new version, the error has disappeared, but now the trees look wrong (see screenshots)

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/VbD95aE

All logs: https://dropmefiles.com/TIfVh

Also I noticed:

1) TexGen.exe and Dyndolod.exe complain about a broken Bashed patch or not the latest version of it, but I am using the latest version posted TODAY in Discord!

Tree LOD atlas should be fixed in Alpha-18

1) Do you mean the message "Found Bashed Patch, 0.esp. In case there are errors, test if removing the Bashed Patch allows generation without problems. If it does, it means the Bashed Patch is broken. Use a newer version of Wrye Bash to create a new patch"?

That notice has been in TexGen/DynDOLOD for l years, because in the past there were several bugs in Wrye Bash creating broken bashed patches.

2) When using Dyndolod.exe with Open cities in 2 stages, the glowing windows should be activated only during stage 1, without Open cities loaded. During stage 2, you do not need to activate Glow windows + High (automatically activated), as it will look strange near the window (see screenshots)

And why did you remove the automatic cleaning?

2) Either check Windows (can only be not "High") only in the first pass or only in the second pass (can only be "High"). I need to double check the second pass is working correctly. Seems it might still have something wrong.

There is no need for users to "clean" the installation before publishing.

Hey, Sheson.  I noticed at some point that you started to pack DynDOLOD 3.xx differently.  Does it matter?  And if so, what is the correct file structure?  Thanks.

DynDOLOD is packed the same since 5 years. The top level of the archive contains the DynDOLOD folder.

The Installation instructions say

Unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game or any mod manager folders.

I figured people have enough common sense that they do not need the overly wordy older instructions from the 2.x version anymore.

From the DynDOLOD Standalone archive copy the content of the 'DynDOLOD' folder, which contains the files DynDOLOD.exe, TexGen.exe, DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html and the sub folders 'Docs' and 'Edit Scripts' with all their content into a new 'DynDOLOD' folder outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', the SteamApps or game folders and Mod Organizers virtual file structure. Do not mix with old versions or xEdit/xLODGen installation.

Edited by sheson

Hi Sheson

Firstly I want to just thank you for adding NGIO into DynDOLOD and allowing Grass LOD. I had installed NGIO and run the grass cache without really seeing any improvement, but then when I re-did my DynDOLOD using your new instructions, now I for the first time feel like I am playing a next-gen game. I only started modding SSE Skyrim for the very first time last month and it's taken me that long to finally get the game to a point where I feel like I want to play it. So thank you.

I had lots of issues with ILS after I re-installed DynDOLOD post grass-cache and after several googles seeing other people's threads with you commenting in them, I was able to find your suggestion of changing temporary=1 in the DynDOLOD setting and that helped me get past the ILS.

However now I am suffering from very big performance drops - down to 15 FPS at some points, even though I have turned down my ENB settings and I am running an RTX 3070 with i9 9900K & 48gb DDR4. 

In trying to get some performance gain, I have followed a few of your instructions, but now I see your comment about changing the grass density. You say that doing this in the NGIO config means I will now have to re-do the entire grass cache? Then, will that also mean once I re-do the cached files that I have to re-do both DynDOLOD outputs all over again as well?

Thanks again for being so amazing at responding to as many threads as you do 

You say that doing this in the NGIO config means I will now have to re-do the entire grass cache? Then, will that also mean once I re-do the cached files that I have to re-do both DynDOLOD outputs all over again as well?

You should ask questions about third party mods on the comments section of the 3rd party mod.

A cache or LOD represents the state of things at the time there are created. If settings or data is changed that affects how the content of the cache or LOD is created, then the cache or LOD needs to be created again for the changes to take effect.

The second post / ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\GrassLOD.html has a section called "Updating".

Edited by sheson

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/c3NpBl8

Dyndolod.exe saved the plugins, and SSEEdit did not find any errors, also I did not notice anything strange in the game (see screenshot)

The error appeared at the end of stage 1 of generating a lod from Open cities, during stage 2 there was no error. This showed up around Dyndolod.exe 15-17 alpha, just didn't attach any importance to it

Edited by Sjurdy

DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 Alpha 4 for Skyrim SE/VR is reporting a dead link/expired for Mega.

You can always update the grass cache with different grass settings after LOD generation or disable the grass cache and let the GrassControl.dll generate grass.

However, any such changes means that grass LOD and loaded grass do not match anymore and the fade/switch will be more obvious.

Is there anyway of altering the density of LOD grass? I've looked through the texgen doc but can't find anything. Theres quite a discrepancy in density between grasscontrol generated grass and LOD grass and its quite noticeable. Currently I have regular grass extended out a long way but it means a noticeable pause/stutter whenever new LOD grid loads. Theres also a colour difference but thats another story havn't fiddled around with settings of that yet.

Edited by soupdragon