Skyrim Skill Uncapper (by Kassent)

DoubleYou

32 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I think this mod goes into Extenders, given that it doesn't contribute to content directly. It does fall into Skills & Perks, but not before being caught by Extenders

Does our definition of game content exclude Gameplay related content? Because I don't want to say that all gameplay mods are Extenders. And the skill-related changes here are included in content in my understanding of the term. This changes the way skills and levelup is handled, and does not expand functionality so much as change existing functionality, so I disagree that it is an Extender. It might provide all this via an Skyrim Script Extender plugin, but that doesn't make it an Extender.

23 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Does our definition of game content exclude Gameplay related content? Because I don't want to say that all gameplay mods are Extenders. And the skill-related changes here are included in content in my understanding of the term. This changes the way skills and levelup is handled, and does not expand functionality so much as change existing functionality, so I disagree that it is an Extender. It might provide all this via an Skyrim Script Extender plugin, but that doesn't make it an Extender.

Gameplay content is separate ... I forgot about that. It would be caught by that first. We may need to flesh out the Gameplay exceptions rules ... not sure. I entered int into the first flowchart. Perhaps using the Gameplay flowchart first makes more sense.

• 1 month later...

The link to the topic here needs to be fixed.

Also I wonder what is the purpose of using this, since the guide doesn't include a preset mod or contain anything about modifying the default (auto-generated) .ini. As far as I can tell, the default .ini is all Vanilla values.

Edited by alphaniner

57 minutes ago, alphaniner said:

The link to the topic here needs to be fixed.

Also I wonder what is the purpose of using this, since the guide doesn't include a preset mod or contain anything about modifying the default (auto-generated) .ini. As far as I can tell, the default .ini is all Vanilla values.

Fixed link.

I don't think the INI matters for our purposes. This mod will still uncap max 100 though, which is why we use it.

45 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Fixed link.

I don't think the INI matters for our purposes. This mod will still uncap max 100 though, which is why we use it.

Are you talking [N]PC level? Because the .ini is what determines things like skill level caps, and the default .ini contains

[SkillCaps]

#Set the skill level cap.This option determines the upper limit of skill level you can reach.
iOneHanded = 100
iTwoHanded = 100

35 minutes ago, alphaniner said:

Are you talking [N]PC level? Because the .ini is what determines things like skill level caps, and the default .ini contains

[SkillCaps]

#Set the skill level cap.This option determines the upper limit of skill level you can reach.
iOneHanded = 100
iTwoHanded = 100

I stand corrected. The mod doesn't come with an INI, it is generated in the SKSE64 plugins folder (if you follow Step guides), otherwise, it goes into Overwrite in MO.

Looks like all skills are capped at 100 and that one would need to modify this INI to go higher for any given skill.

We should probably add config recommendations to the mod page on the wiki ... or at least instruct that this will need to be done.

On 10/11/2021 at 7:24 PM, DoubleYou said:

Somehow we were missing the topic for this mod.

It turns out we did have a topic of sorts for this for this mod, but I don't how it ended up in this shape:

We originally had a version of this mod (I think Skyrim -Community- Uncapper) and I think we've always left configuration as user choice.

13 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

I just noticed there is a 'fixed' version of this mod uploaded by vadfromnu.  Apparently, the original version has a bug and isn't being maintained anymore.  The 'fixed' version also has a beta version for Anniversary Edition.

Skyrim Skill Uncapper(fixed)

Good find. I will create that mod page for some basic testing. Then we will likely switch this out for that.

• 3 months later...